User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

random questions and concerns

hey guys, just looking to start a thread and get some back and forth going on different things i've got going through my head.

i've been having recurrent trouble with cravings and overeating, and its definitely tied to the depression and anhedonia-related fog i've been feeling and the stress response it creates. i still only mostly only eat whole paleo foods, but even then i don't feel good overdoing this shit and i know too much is taxing on the body. i'll have moments of "alright time to get my shit together on this food thing" and then something sets me off and my only decent cope is to eat way too much fruit or nuts. i want to break this cycle but its been mad difficult. i got used to not feeling super foggy and anxious for a couple months and now that i do again i'm mind fucking myself because i feel slow and dumb and struggle to talk to people. i'm stressing myself out because i want to get back fast even though my rational mind knows that this isn't the right mindset for healing.

i know that cd always recommends breathing here. i try. i'm pretty good about meditation and do cold showers, and try to do wim hof breathing, but it's actually always been really hard for me to get that part right for some reason. i somehow get stressed out doing it? i end up thinking more about the counting and the rounds and the technique than the breath itself and it makes the experience unpleasant. what tips do you guys have for breaking through this mental block? i want to fix my mindset again cause lord knows this recent stretch has shaken me up and led my thoughts astray.

another thing that i worry about is food intolerances. i obviously avoid gluten, but outside i don't really know what foods might be problems for me. like some people have sensitivities to lampshade veggies and nuts? how do i know i'm not inadvertently giving myself issues eating them? i've also always loved cheese and yogurt, but don't truly know if they sit well with me because of the dairy. since my baseline is pretty foggy and slow right now, it's hard to tell what foods are treating me right and what foods aren't. it's frustrating and another point of stress and anxiety for me. but then with the level of fog i've been trudging through and how much i've been just wanting to chow down, its genuinely been really hard to tell what foods do right by me. it's been frustrating. how can i work at this?

also, are there any brain and gut supplements that you guys have taken that have helped you? i do feel strongly that the more i can get my mind back, the less stress i'll have and the more i can work at these things. i recognize that the mind's processes have a huge influence on the body and brain state, but it also goes the other way around, and any mind boost will help me feel a lot better about where i stand and how i can work at these things. i'm not discounting whats in the protocol, as i've been on it steady for a long time. i just know that sometimes people add things that can help them in substantial ways.

here are some things i've researched a bit, i wanna hear yalls 2 cents. bear with me if the list is a bit long, but any takes that yall have on these guys are super valuable and some back and forth would be badass.

l glutamine for gut health
    n-acetyl glucosamine for gut health
    n-acetyl cysteine for gut and overall antioxidant health
    acetyl glutathione for gut and overall antioxidant health
    ginkgo biloba for brain inflammation and brain health
    fish oil high dha for brain inflammation and brain health
    vitamin v6 p5p for brain health, neurotransmitter synthesis
    d l phenylanine (dlpa) amino acid for brain health, specifically as a precursor to dopamine and norepinephrine

also, feel free to mention anything else that you've taken that helps. thanks for reading you guys. here's to healing.
    Last edited by dogglaw; 02-11-2020 at 03:29 PM.