User Tag List

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tvella's Journey To Recovery

Hey Guys,

I crashed in mid September after stupidly using finasteride again after having mild side effects the first time, I tried a topical finasteride the second time. I am grateful for finding this site because I can't tell you how many hours I spent on the other site we all know of. I am actually scared of that site now because of what it did to me mentally. I feel improved mentally just being off that site. Thank you Cdsnuts for putting this together and giving us all hope and guidance. I did have some blood tests done a few months ago by a "PFS doctor" and he offered me TRT which I declined. My DHT, 5ar, lh, fsh and a few other things were low, t was around 525 (not low but mediocre). The blood tests just depressed me and I have no interest in them anymore.

I have begun the protocol ordered all the herbs and going all in. I did a 10 day water fast medically supervised in Deerfield Beach that ended in early February and ever since I have been on paleo diet and been doing yoga and body weight movements (pushups, squats, chin ups) in the gym. It seems like right now I don't have muscle wastage, as I can feel my muscles strong after I get out of the gym and it feels good. This has been a major shock to my social life and life in general as many of you know what it can do to you. I had life by the balls, but I am not going to sit on a couch, sulk, and let this defeat me. Ironically, my business is more successful than it ever has been now, but I know that this protocol and my recovery takes priority over everything. I hope to come out of this stronger than I have ever been in my life.

Current Symtoms:

No libido
    Hourglass/narrowing penis at times
    Deadweight feeling to penis
    Decreased sweating
    Ringing Ears
    Shrunken Testicles (this varies)
    Depression
    Loss of body hair (beard, chest, pubic)
    Sleeping issues (wake up 1-2x a night but can go back to sleep)
    Premature ejaculation

Couple of questions in starting the protocol:

1) Am I supposed to be taking herbs twice per day, if so are they the same herb twice a day then rotate to another herb the next day? Or is it two different herbs per day?
    2) Is almond milk ok with protein shakes?

Thanks for listening and I wish everyone the best in their journey.

Tvella

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tvella89 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I crashed in mid September after stupidly using finasteride again after having mild side effects the first time, I tried a topical finasteride the second time. I am grateful for finding this site because I can't tell you how many hours I spent on the other site we all know of. I am actually scared of that site now because of what it did to me mentally. I feel improved mentally just being off that site. Thank you Cdsnuts for putting this together and giving us all hope and guidance. I did have some blood tests done a few months ago by a "PFS doctor" and he offered me TRT which I declined. My DHT, 5ar, lh, fsh and a few other things were low, t was around 525 (not low but mediocre). The blood tests just depressed me and I have no interest in them anymore.

I have begun the protocol ordered all the herbs and going all in. I did a 10 day water fast medically supervised in Deerfield Beach that ended in early February and ever since I have been on paleo diet and been doing yoga and body weight movements (pushups, squats, chin ups) in the gym. It seems like right now I don't have muscle wastage, as I can feel my muscles strong after I get out of the gym and it feels good. This has been a major shock to my social life and life in general as many of you know what it can do to you. I had life by the balls, but I am not going to sit on a couch, sulk, and let this defeat me. Ironically, my business is more successful than it ever has been now, but I know that this protocol and my recovery takes priority over everything. I hope to come out of this stronger than I have ever been in my life.

Current Symtoms:

No libido
    Hourglass/narrowing penis at times
    Deadweight feeling to penis
    Decreased sweating
    Ringing Ears
    Shrunken Testicles (this varies)
    Depression
    Loss of body hair (beard, chest, pubic)
    Sleeping issues (wake up 1-2x a night but can go back to sleep)
    Premature ejaculation
    Welcome! You're in a good place, mentally, and with good people. I'm so sorry this happened to you too. 🙏

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone able to answer the questions from above?

1) Am I supposed to be taking herbs twice per day, if so are they the same herb twice a day then rotate to another herb the next day? Or is it two different herbs per day?

Thanks

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    I've seen CD answer this with the same herb, AM & PM dose. Alot of guys with take Pine Pollen daily additionally. & I've seen a knowledgeable user talk about Almond milk: most of them have carageenan and other additives in them, but if it's pure nutmilk then it falls in line with the protocol, assuming you don't have any almond or other nut sensitivities.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    The herbs, I only do once a day, unless the directions say otherwise. For example, I'm taking Tribulus (2 capsules/1370mg) and Pine Pollen powder (5g) once in the morning to simulate when natural T levels should rise, which is after you wake. Then the glycine, to boost Allopregnenolone, are 333.3mg capsules taken x3 daily (every 8 hours) so I have round the clock stability in Allo. Then at night a couple hours before bed, when cortisol should naturally decline, I take x3 650mg capsules (1950mg total in one sitting) of Ashwaganda + Omega 3 fish oil to reduce cortisol.

Throughout the day, I'll use spirulina tablets every 2 hours one day and then use chlorella tablets the next day and vice-versa. This is where you get your daily multi-vitamins.

Almonds themselves are perfectly fine to eat, from what I understand, as a little nice snack throughout the day. But I believe almond milk is processed (not naturally found in the wild) and not very nutritious, from what I'm seeing. It lacks enough calories, lacks enough good fats, and nowhere near enough protein. The only area I see some benefit is the calcium. I'll defer to others here on the almond milk. Personally, and this is just me, I wouldn't. I'll have an occasional glass of organic whole milk every so often but I lean towards just drinking water. The easy way to do this is just ask yourself, "If I were transported back 1,000 years and needed food sources, could I find this in the wild?" If the answer is no, skip it. If the answer is yes, debate it based on what your biology is, if it sits right in your stomach, and makes you feel like you get what you need for fuel.
    Last edited by JoeP26; 02-25-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thank you for input gents. I'll start with taking the same herb in am and pm, and rotating a different one each day. Will also stay away from almond milk.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thank you for input gents. I'll start with taking the same herb in am and pm, and rotating a different one each day. Will also stay away from almond milk.
    Sounds like a plan my man. 😎👏

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes....one herb per day, morning and then afternoon. The next day move on to the next one.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"