User Tag List

Page 66 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you think that if your carb choices were of better quality you could lean out without the reduction in calories?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did my carb up yesterday with mostly low gi carbs. Lots of basmati rice, sweet potato, Alri rice syrup low g.i. Shake. A few oat biscuits, rice cakes and a couple marshmallows

Best carb up I've ever done. Too much sugar gives me inflammatory issues, and sweet potato is said to be a anti-inflammatory food.
    Lyle says it doesn't matter what type of carbs as long as you get enough.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    do you think that if your carb choices were of better quality you could lean out without the reduction in calories?
    I'm pretty sure it would help and I'll be cleaning things up in a couple weeks because this type of eating gets old.
    Only reason I'm eating all these shitty carbs is I haven't had them in YEARS...
    This is kind of my make up time to eat all the shitty carbs I didn't eat.

After this weekends doughnut comp I'll be eating white rice, potatoes sweet/white/red, and just keep things a lot cleaner, but I'll always keep some dirty shit in the mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    I did my carb up yesterday with mostly low gi carbs. Lots of basmati rice, sweet potato, Alri rice syrup low g.i. Shake. A few oat biscuits, rice cakes and a couple marshmallows

Best carb up I've ever done. Too much sugar gives me inflammatory issues, and sweet potato is said to be a anti-inflammatory food.
    Lyle says it doesn't matter what type of carbs as long as you get enough.
    Haven't tried low GI carbs on my CarbNite because that goes against what the Carb Night Solution/Kiefer recommends.

I have the renegade diet ebook (haven't read it yet)and I guess I should get the ud2 book to get a better understanding of where your coming from because we are pretty much on the same sort of diet but we go about are refeeds differently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Haven't tried low GI carbs on my CarbNite because that goes against what the Carb Night Solution/Kiefer recommends.

I have the renegade diet ebook (haven't read it yet)and I guess I should get the ud2 book to get a better understanding of where your coming from because we are pretty much on the same sort of diet but we go about are refeeds differently.
    Google 'Lyle McDonald UD2 pdf' and you'll find it It's a while since I read it thoroughly, and I've probably tweaked things to suit me, rather than following it religiously. As they say that it takes a while for the body to switch from fats to carbs for energy, you can eat a shedload of carbs and burn existing bodyfat providing your fat intake is low enough. I like to have a few treats (because I can), but the vast majority of carbs will be from sweet potato, basmati rice, oats, beetroot, carrots. (Sweet potato is low g.i. and Basmati is medium g.i)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way your eating right now is how I plan to do things after my first 8 weeks is up.
    I won't be eating low GI carbs but I'll switch out the fatty junk carbs for the hi GI versions of your clean carbs.
    Sweet potatoes are low GI but I over bake and process them so that makes them med/hi Gi after.
    I was looking and some Asian rice based products and they pack a carb load like no other. Little thin ass rice paper is about. 40g carbs each.

Why does Lyle recommend lo GI carbs over the hi GI carbs??
    Seems like your end up haveing 1 long spike instead of multiple spikes threw out the night like you would with hi GI and fast clearing carbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Lyle doesn't recommend lo GI over high GI carbs, just said that as long as you eat enough carbs it doesn't really matter. It's just a lot easier to get a lot of calories in quickly if you're eating lot's of sugar. When I did this recently I suffered with joint pain, but everyone will react differently, it's just less sugar is best for me, (I'll still have a bowl of curious cinnamons, though)

The Alri drink I mentioned is very fast absorbing, and I got 130gms carbs from my post workout shake, which I'll up to 200gms next time. Ridiculous pump, and I didn't get the dizziness from the sugar high/crash. There's also another carb drink I will try that was formulated by Matt Pearson; Glycomyx, and it contains blue sweet potatoes and some other stuff, but maybe has a little too much fibre for carb night, we'll see.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm following this conversation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deadlift Day!!!!
    Warmed up by doing some pull-ups and reverse hypers then got to lifting
    225 6x10
    275 8x5
    315 5x5

Did a bunch of pull-ups all threw out the workout and I know I did at least 60.

- - - Updated - - -

Food....
    First meal was 1220 cals
    Post workout shake was 145 cals
    Dinner will be 1320 cals
    that puts me right 2700 cals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dinner