Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The whit wagon View Post
    Starting a five day water fast today lets do this
    All the best man, if it went anything like my first you'll have this amazing mental clarity around the 4 day mark. You got this!

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comewhatmay View Post
    All the best man, if it went anything like my first you'll have this amazing mental clarity around the 4 day mark. You got this!
    Cheers man think I'm gonna go for 6 just got to hide it from the fam whilst doing it thats gonna be a ballache

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers man think I'm gonna go for 6 just got to hide it from the fam whilst doing it thats gonna be a ballache
    Yeah I've been there man, turning on the microwave with nothing inside, going out for a walk and claiming I had lunch etc. I managed mine for 6 days and in some ways it's the hardest part of the protocol as you can really feel the hunger at times and once you come off your just doing what you need to to get out of this dump.

BTW congrats on the league spurs fan here still wondering what would have happened if the ref didn't give that bs handball against Sissoko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comewhatmay View Post
    Yeah I've been there man, turning on the microwave with nothing inside, going out for a walk and claiming I had lunch etc. I managed mine for 6 days and in some ways it's the hardest part of the protocol as you can really feel the hunger at times and once you come off your just doing what you need to to get out of this dump.

BTW congrats on the league spurs fan here still wondering what would have happened if the ref didn't give that bs handball against Sissoko
    Cheers man, my parents love having us all eat together so it's gonna be long working around that, gonna have to cook a bit of food too just to really sell it, be so much more chill if I was back at uni. What did you do to refeed mate?

Spurs have done so poorly since then don't know where you go from here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers man, my parents love having us all eat together so it's gonna be long working around that, gonna have to cook a bit of food too just to really sell it, be so much more chill if I was back at uni. What did you do to refeed mate?

Spurs have done so poorly since then don't know where you go from here
    It's gonna be tough for us for sure. Top 4 next season would be a miracle. We defo need fresh blood but it's gonna be tough bringing quality in especially now. That amazon documentary on us should be an interesting watch though.

In terms of refeeding mate I broke the fast in the evening of the 6th day with a fruit medley I bought from sainsbury's. Next day was fruit for breakfast like banana and grapes similar for lunch then had some veggies for dinner and then the day after that I eat what I eat now pretty much but smaller portions which is eggs and spinach for breakfast then some veggies and salmon or prawn for lunch then chicken and veg for dinner. Then the day after I was back to my normal eating portions

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starting a five day water fast today lets do this
    For what it’s worth, I felt like I had to hide everything I was doing at first, but during my fast I let my parents know what I was doing, I told them I wanted to experience the healthy benefits and showed them a bunch of articles about it so they knew it was safe, during my juice feast my mom was actually supportive and wanted me to let her know the benefits afterward. Granted, during my water fast I don’t think I told them so it may be a little different. Btw I enjoyed the water fast way more even though it’s harder.

But my point is don’t think you need to be extremely secretive through this, I spent months like that and then when I finally came back out of my shell my family and friends thought my new lifestyle was pretty cool. My roommate asks me about it all the time. Just don’t say it’s PFS or freak out, just say you want to better yourself and your health and in my experience, people will eventually respect that.

For example, my grandfather is a biologist and we had a long discussion about water fasting just the either week. People know about fasting and it’s been scientifically proven to show benefits, so make it look like you know what you’re doing and your safe and people will feel better than just thinking you’re insane and not eating food for some reason.

Anyways, just my two cents. I know it’s different for everyone and sometimes getting support in this is impossible.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 08-13-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    For what it’s worth, I felt like I had to hide everything I was doing at first, but during my fast I let my parents know what I was doing, I told them I wanted to experience the healthy benefits and showed them a bunch of articles about it so they knew it was safe, during my juice feast my mom was actually supportive and wanted me to let her know the benefits afterward. Granted, during my water fast I don’t think I told them so it may be a little different. Btw I enjoyed the water fast way more even though it’s harder.

But my point is don’t think you need to be extremely secretive through this, I spent months like that and then when I finally came back out of my shell my family and friends thought my new lifestyle was pretty cool. My roommate asks me about it all the time. Just don’t say it’s PFS or freak out, just say you want to better yourself and your health and in my experience, people will eventually respect that.

For example, my grandfather is a biologist and we had a long discussion about water fasting just the either week. People know about fasting and it’s been scientifically proven to show benefits, so make it look like you know what you’re doing and your safe and people will feel better than just thinking you’re insane and not eating food for some reason.

Anyways, just my two cents. I know it’s different for everyone and sometimes getting support in this is impossible.
    I get you,with my friends they'll understand me taking a back seat on drinking and all the other stuff for a while, but with my parents they just wouldn't listen about the fast so I've put it off for a few months in lockdown and I've reached a point where I just cant stand still with this stuff and feel like I need to commit 100% so I'll do it on the sly for now and hope for the best.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get you,with my friends they'll understand me taking a back seat on drinking and all the other stuff for a while, but with my parents they just wouldn't listen about the fast so I've put it off for a few months in lockdown and I've reached a point where I just cant stand still with this stuff and feel like I need to commit 100% so I'll do it on the sly for now and hope for the best.
    I hear you bro. Well, quarantine is the perfect time to do it. Just start thinking like an alpha, you do what’s best for you and no one can get in the way. For 5 days, no food, just sit and relax, alphas don’t give a fuck what others say, that’s what this program is all about after all, bringing out the alpha in you.

Good luck man. @jacknap fasted for like 10 days in his parents house whether they liked it or not lol. He’s recovered now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I hear you bro. Well, quarantine is the perfect time to do it. Just start thinking like an alpha, you do what’s best for you and no one can get in the way. For 5 days, no food, just sit and relax, alphas don’t give a fuck what others say, that’s what this program is all about after all, bringing out the alpha in you.
    That's the thing putting myself first is what I gotta do here, no ones gonna come and drag you out the hole you gotta do it yourself. Been watching shit tons of jordan peterson and david goggins they put me in the right mindset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also gonna make a few adjustments to the diet spoke to maxout about it but it'd make t a lot more managable and as long as I'm gluten free and avoiding extremely unhealthy shit its fine.
    • Gonna start having pesto
    • same with strawberry jam
    • Gonna start eating peanut butter despite it being a legume which is'nt allowed in paleo
    • and bought some protein powder which has xantham gum and sucralose

If theres any glaring errors here feel free to jump down my throat but I think I'm fine with adding these in just gonna listen to my body on this one, I'm alread having dairy so might see how I do with whole milk.