User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update

I've started taking the herbs now for almost two weeks and understandibly I can't say I feel any great effects from them but what i do feel is that when I'm on a downswing it's not near as bad as previous ones where I couldnt sleep much at all and now even going through one I can get 6 hours at least. Noticed I get a random minor head itch 2 or 3 times a day which got me quite happy (clutching at straws I know)

I'm slowly getting better at meditating and I feel this is super necessary as the thoughts in my head can go into overdrive and I can start having conversations in my own head all pfs related which isn't healthy and I do like the feeling I get after. Same with cold showers but honestly I do them during downswings and upswings I don't have the same motivation to but I will work on this

Piece of advise for anyone purchasing pine pollen especially from Lost Empire is buy the mega dose one. I use to tablespoons daily and I got through the regular 50g package in under two weeks so that is something to consider.

Other than that I am trying to remain positive. I am rotating push ups, pull ups and squats while waiting for the gyms to open up.

I will give everything to recover. My plan is to play the role of Mr Consistent. I wonder if amount of doses of Fin taken can effect how long recovery time is. I took two plus I've never drunk alcohol so hopefully I can maybe be on the 6 month side of things as CD said I could he but if not then I will stick things out until I am where I need to be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update

Due to the Corona and living with my parents I am still uneasy as are they about joining the gym so I've just bit the bullet and bought a 50kg weight set with barbell and dumbells included to tie me over until when it's safer to return. Paid almost double the retail price for them but health is wealth I've learned the hard way. I know it's not ideal but the protocol does recommend starting at lighter weights for a month or so therefore I should yield decent rises in testosterone from them plus I've looked at alternative weight exercises for certain lifts that attack certain muscle groups.

Had the best upswing I can remember that lasted two days which was cool.

Symptom wise I do feel it's slightly getting worse unfortunately which I guess is understandable as I've not been lifting just doing body weight work especially skin seems to get strechier on face and body and also sleep which is bugging me out as generally on downswings I couldn't sleep much if any but on upswings I could get around 7h uninterrupted and now on upswings I go sleep at around 9 and wake up at quarter to 3 every time and struggle to go back and nothing I've done has changed since then till now so I am puzzled but on a brighter note I have noticed my scalp getting more tingly and itchy like it used to which is encouraging.

Will probably now go to posting once a month with updates on how things are going or if there is a major breakthrough or advice.

Last questions I have (I promise) is in regards to hiit. Would it be okay to do this (either before or after) weightlifting with the upper body e.g. Biceps day or chest day instead of doing it on a separate day and also could it be done on a elliptical machine

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Month One Update

Been in the protocol for around two months now. Just to recap started with the 6 day fast and then started on the herbs and calisthenics workouts a week later as laid out on TMO, did that for 3 weeks and the past 3 weeks or so I've been using a barbell and dumbell set I bought.

I have really enjoyed working out and the feeling you get after. I've been doing it the TMO way, progressively increasing the weight week by week, and if there's any excercise I can't do as I am working out at homeI just type in the excercise on google and find a dumbell or barbell equivalent.

In the past month since I posted ive definetely seen improvements mood wise and outlook aswell. Also I've noticed whereas early on my downswings would last 4 to 5 days and then I'd be on an upswing for about a week or so the past two downswings have lasted 2 to 3 days max and then I've been on a upswing for about 4 days and then it tapers out to what I believe is my baseline and then will inevitably go to a downswing.

Downswings still are pretty shitty and even though I've experienced a few now it still has you questioning everything including progress and if you'll see an upswing again but as time goes on and they lessen in severity it'll be fine.

Overall I definetely feel I'm on the right track. Just seems to be a case of consistency and given how badly I want to recover will not be an issue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Month two update

Doing really well overall. The anxiety and depression that took hold of me seems to have gone now and the downswings are not anywhere near as bad as before.

Been doing weights from home now and will start to progress with less reps and more weight as per the tmo website. Only thing I need to start is hiit sprinting just trying to find a place I can start running crazy like phoebe from friends haha.

My face which looked bad and considerably worsened months after my crash also looks better as does my skin with my parents even saying they see really positive changes which has boosted my spirits.

I feel like I know what I have to do now and it's just a case of keep doing the same until I reach the destination and beyond. I can see why folks continue the regime long after pfs as there are days here and there I feel better than I remember.

When I first came here I used to get down when I saw people's progress threads and they stopped updating after a while but I can see myself being guilty of the same as once you start feeling good you tend to focus on life and not the condition so I may not update for a few months at the least

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comewhatmay View Post
    Month two update

Doing really well overall. The anxiety and depression that took hold of me seems to have gone now and the downswings are not anywhere near as bad as before.

Been doing weights from home now and will start to progress with less reps and more weight as per the tmo website. Only thing I need to start is hiit sprinting just trying to find a place I can start running crazy like phoebe from friends haha.

My face which looked bad and considerably worsened months after my crash also looks better as does my skin with my parents even saying they see really positive changes which has boosted my spirits.

I feel like I know what I have to do now and it's just a case of keep doing the same until I reach the destination and beyond. I can see why folks continue the regime long after pfs as there are days here and there I feel better than I remember.

When I first came here I used to get down when I saw people's progress threads and they stopped updating after a while but I can see myself being guilty of the same as once you start feeling good you tend to focus on life and not the condition so I may not update for a few months at the least
    Good for you.

And yes, this is why you don't see too many people coming back to update. For that EXACT reason.

Just keep your head down and put the work in. You'll be better then fine before long.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey lads

Been a while since I last updated and I feel I may have done some stupid stuff

For my birthday last month I did have some cake which was fine and then I ended up having more than I should and I felt bad, some anxiety and insomnia came back but it cleared up in less than a week. I was feeling really good and got back to the baslonr I was at and realised that I had a false sense of where i was at with my journey.

Moving on this past week I backloaded with haagen dazs, like a fifth of a tub, during the night and on the Tuesday I felt fine going to sleep a did it again the following night however when going to sleep I felt very jittery and uncomfortable and only managed 4 to 5 hours instead of my usually minimum of 7. I workout in the mornings so I do understand that it isn't optimum for backloading

I feel my sensivity to insulin is now gone to shit as I usually have a banana and clementine after my eggs breakfast which has never been an issue but now it's causing that feeling to come back aswell as some mild kidney pain

I assume I have to give up the fruits now and the back loading aspect which is fine as I caused it but is there anything recommended like a short water fast or is it just a case of following the protocol as I have been minus the sugary stuff

Cheers

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey lads

Been a while since I last updated and I feel I may have done some stupid stuff

For my birthday last month I did have some cake which was fine and then I ended up having more than I should and I felt bad, some anxiety and insomnia came back but it cleared up in less than a week. I was feeling really good and got back to the baslonr I was at and realised that I had a false sense of where i was at with my journey.

Moving on this past week I backloaded with haagen dazs, like a fifth of a tub, during the night and on the Tuesday I felt fine going to sleep a did it again the following night however when going to sleep I felt very jittery and uncomfortable and only managed 4 to 5 hours instead of my usually minimum of 7. I workout in the mornings so I do understand that it isn't optimum for backloading

I feel my sensivity to insulin is now gone to shit as I usually have a banana and clementine after my eggs breakfast which has never been an issue but now it's causing that feeling to come back aswell as some mild kidney pain

I assume I have to give up the fruits now and the back loading aspect which is fine as I caused it but is there anything recommended like a short water fast or is it just a case of following the protocol as I have been minus the sugary stuff

Cheers
    You don't need to take out the fruit, which is one of the healthiest things you can eat. You need to take out the cake and the garbage which set you back making you feel like shit and throwing things off a bit. when you make those decisions, you always have to pay the piper, one way or the other. So live with the consequences of that decision.

And you don't have to give up backloading. You just have to change your dietary choices. That's it. Your insulin sensitivity hasn't gone to shit from one mistake.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    You don't need to take out the fruit, which is one of the healthiest things you can eat. You need to take out the cake and the garbage which set you back making you feel like shit and throwing things off a bit. when you make those decisions, you always have to pay the piper, one way or the other. So live with the consequences of that decision.

And you don't have to give up backloading. You just have to change your dietary choices. That's it. Your insulin sensitivity hasn't gone to shit from one mistake.
    God I hope you are right in that things haven't taken a drastic turn for the worse. My biggest fear was it is the accumulation of the cake and occasional haagan daz once or twice a week after heavy lifting

Been 5 days since having the ice cream and going through harsh downs and slight periods of being okay. It's the lower back pain on either sides of my stomach which is worrying me as I've not had this symptom before as well as cold hands and feet. When I had the cake it was a typical downswing which followed and I was back to baseline after 4 to 5 days.

With the benefit of hindsight there were a few signs that the ice cream wasn't being properly accepted by my body as I would feel my heartbeat vibrate and a bit of a wired feeling and I guess I tipped my body over the edge with my last intake. So I guess I say that to say to anyone reading to listen to your body peeps, if something gives you the slightest harsh reaction drop it as it could accumulate over time no matter how small the intake.

Hoping its just a bad case of inflammation which the paleo diet can fix and nothing too serious. If these issues do persist for a week or so Ill probably get checked out by a doc unless anyone has any recommendations. So frustrating as I was doing so well and feeling really great. Ill take solace in the fact that hopefully once this blows over that there will be no messing about and it will be tunnel vision on the protocol, specifically on the diet, as I've seen first hand how effective it works

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    God I hope you are right in that things haven't taken a drastic turn for the worse. My biggest fear was it is the accumulation of the cake and occasional haagan daz once or twice a week after heavy lifting

Been 5 days since having the ice cream and going through harsh downs and slight periods of being okay. It's the lower back pain on either sides of my stomach which is worrying me as I've not had this symptom before as well as cold hands and feet. When I had the cake it was a typical downswing which followed and I was back to baseline after 4 to 5 days.

With the benefit of hindsight there were a few signs that the ice cream wasn't being properly accepted by my body as I would feel my heartbeat vibrate and a bit of a wired feeling and I guess I tipped my body over the edge with my last intake. So I guess I say that to say to anyone reading to listen to your body peeps, if something gives you the slightest harsh reaction drop it as it could accumulate over time no matter how small the intake.

Hoping its just a bad case of inflammation which the paleo diet can fix and nothing too serious. If these issues do persist for a week or so Ill probably get checked out by a doc unless anyone has any recommendations. So frustrating as I was doing so well and feeling really great. Ill take solace in the fact that hopefully once this blows over that there will be no messing about and it will be tunnel vision on the protocol, specifically on the diet, as I've seen first hand how effective it works
    Do a short water fast to stop inflammation dead in it's tracks. 3, maybe 4 days, followed by one day of juice, then ease back into the paleo diet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to do a short water fast as recommended to get rid of whatever is not going well with me and boy this isn't fun. Heart racing can't sleep and have twitching muscles which I've not had since the original crash.

I was thinking more about how I ended up in this position and realised that it's not the ice cream as much as it could be this new cricket protein powder I purchased which coincidentally I started having the day these issues started.

Early days I remember reading about things like creatine crashing people and think this may have happened to me also. I think my autonic nervous system is all over the place so this sounds like a case of waiting to see which baseline I return to and it seems like it's gonna set me back quite a bit judging by my symptoms which do remind me of where I was when this shit show started. Just came across a thread by pageidol also who seemed to have major issues with magnesium supplement which has many of the same ingredients as the protein powder I bought however I did hear that he's recovered from that so that is reassuring

Somewhat debating if I should continue this waterfast or move into intermittent fasting with a short window as I'm feeling quite weak and lightheaded but willing to power through if necessary.

Overall not heartbroken but dissapointed as I thought adding protein powder would help but I was better off just adding an extra chicken to my plate. However no more playing with what was and is a working formula