User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I found out I'm covid negative which is a relief so it must of just been some kind of virus I had.

Either way I figured once my flu like symptoms had gone I would go back to the protocol but its just one issue after the other. Since the virus I've now had gut issues I've not had previous and I'm sure it's the reason why the last week my sleep has been destroyed and me only managjng 3 hrs at best instead of the usual 7 hours. Gut seems to be okay then during the evening I get minor pains and then lack of sleep. I think the virus must of left some lasting impression on my gut.

Going to start a 4 to 5 say waterfast now to help my gut deal with the inflammation and then jump back on the wagon and hopefully nothing else will jump in my way

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a waterfast a day late so today is the start of day two. One thing that is really concerning is my stomach which is constantly pulsating just like my heartbeat and it seems to exacerbate whenever I'm lying down which inevitabley leads to terrible sleep. Not sure what is causing it but I sure hope this water fast can fix it and it's nothing serious.

I had the protein shake crash 3 weeks ago now and seem to got over that via a 3 day fast and everything seemed back to normal whereby I'd just jump back on the protocol but straight after that I got ill with fever symptoms which thankfully wasn't covid and as soon as those symptoms cleared up I know have this stomach issue.

Like I said hopefully this is just the final thing to overcome than I can go back to doing what helped me reach, looking back 30-35% recovered in just over four months

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might have had the CMV virus flare up. Good chance you had it during childhood already but the virus can flare up during periods of high inflammation. I’ve had the same after fin. I had short periods of flu like symptoms for a few months. Got tested for CMV and sure enough I had recent antibodies.
    Nothing to worry about if it is CMV. Sure it sucks and you will feel bad occasionally but it will pass once you reduce inflammation on the protocol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    You might have had the CMV virus flare up. Good chance you had it during childhood already but the virus can flare up during periods of high inflammation. I’ve had the same after fin. I had short periods of flu like symptoms for a few months. Got tested for CMV and sure enough I had recent antibodies.
    Nothing to worry about if it is CMV. Sure it sucks and you will feel bad occasionally but it will pass once you reduce inflammation on the protocol.
    Thanks buddy, I sure hope this is CMV or something transient that will pass as soon as I'm back on board. Only remaining issue I have now is this stomach pulse that's disturbing sleep which I did have when I first crashed but I linked back then to anxiety but now I don't have anxiety but it doesn't seem to budge. Reading up on this symptom does no good also has it comes up as matching certain syndromes and anaurisms which isn't fun. Day 3 of the water fast doing okay just lack of energy will go for another 2 days then jump back on and hopefully be where I was

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anxiety is a strange beast. There was a period when I didn’t notice much mental anxiety but my heart would tickle and flutter, keeping me up at night. This is a common thing with anxiety. In the end a lot of physical ailments stem from deeply rooted anxieties. This is probably just a phase you will have to go through. Some other weird things can pop up like chronic nausea, palpitations, and most likely your stomach tremors. Try not to give it too much thought and power through with a low stress life style. I can relate with a lot of things I read in your history and I can tell you overthinking will only make it drag on. You are on the right track and while you might encounter some speedbumps along the way, you will get through this. Try to put your mind to that. You got this.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anxiety is a strange beast. There was a period when I didn’t notice much mental anxiety but my heart would tickle and flutter, keeping me up at night. This is a common thing with anxiety. In the end a lot of physical ailments stem from deeply rooted anxieties. This is probably just a phase you will have to go through. Some other weird things can pop up like chronic nausea, palpitations, and most likely your stomach tremors. Try not to give it too much thought and power through with a low stress life style. I can relate with a lot of things I read in your history and I can tell you overthinking will only make it drag on. You are on the right track and while you might encounter some speedbumps along the way, you will get through this. Try to put your mind to that. You got this.
    When feeling anxious like this, the best thing to do is shock the body with a cold shower after doing three or four rounds of breathing exercises. You will notice an immediate difference in your anxiety.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely. I’ve gotten up in the middle of the night before to take a cold shower. While this sounds like a thing that would wake you up I found it relaxed me enough to go back to sleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely. I’ve gotten up in the middle of the night before to take a cold shower. While this sounds like a thing that would wake you up I found it relaxed me enough to go back to sleep.
    Personally I can't have a cold one too late as I'll spend a good hour or two in bed shivering. I would also do the breathing beforehand as I found it makes your body more primed to go in but what I love the most about combining them is the after feeling is enhanced 10 fold.

In terms of my progress I came off a 5 day water fast and after two refeeding days I'm pretty much back to my paleo ways.

The stomach tremors and pulse seems to have subsided which is a huge relief. I plan to resume working out later this week at half the weights I stopped out and progressing incrementally week on week and resuming the herbs and vit d then also.

Weird issue happened today though were I went to the toilet to pee and it came out a dark brown and bloodish colour and it also burned like hell which freaked me out. I think part of this may be the fact that when I started eating after the fast my water consumption dropped from like 3 litres or just over half a litre
    But since that morning issue the rest of the day it was fine after I drank more water and the colour was normal and the burning sensation went away.

I went to the gp back when I consumed the excess protein powder and they had a urine dipstick test as I had pain either side of my back and they told me it came back normal and my issues are likely muscoskeletal and not a Urinary tract infection or kidney stones. Will see how it goes the next few days if it comes back then I'll have another test. I hope it's just the body filtering shit out and not an infection as antibiotics is the last thing I need to be taking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comewhatmay View Post
    Personally I can't have a cold one too late as I'll spend a good hour or two in bed shivering. I would also do the breathing beforehand as I found it makes your body more primed to go in but what I love the most about combining them is the after feeling is enhanced 10 fold.

In terms of my progress I came off a 5 day water fast and after two refeeding days I'm pretty much back to my paleo ways.

The stomach tremors and pulse seems to have subsided which is a huge relief. I plan to resume working out later this week at half the weights I stopped out and progressing incrementally week on week and resuming the herbs and vit d then also.

Weird issue happened today though were I went to the toilet to pee and it came out a dark brown and bloodish colour and it also burned like hell which freaked me out. I think part of this may be the fact that when I started eating after the fast my water consumption dropped from like 3 litres or just over half a litre
    But since that morning issue the rest of the day it was fine after I drank more water and the colour was normal and the burning sensation went away.

I went to the gp back when I consumed the excess protein powder and they had a urine dipstick test as I had pain either side of my back and they told me it came back normal and my issues are likely muscoskeletal and not a Urinary tract infection or kidney stones. Will see how it goes the next few days if it comes back then I'll have another test. I hope it's just the body filtering shit out and not an infection as antibiotics is the last thing I need to be taking
    When you’re taking any type of protein powder, you need to make sure that you’re drinking plenty of water throughout the day. 500 ml of water is not enough for an entire day. You should probably drink about 500 ml of water with each meal, and then also drink a bit more water whenever you feel thirsty throughout the day. If you end up having to urinate every few hours, that’s a lot better than being dehydrated. Dehydration raises cortisol, and elevated cortisol reduces testosterone. So staying hydrated is important to recovering.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    When you’re taking any type of protein powder, you need to make sure that you’re drinking plenty of water throughout the day. 500 ml of water is not enough for an entire day. You should probably drink about 500 ml of water with each meal, and then also drink a bit more water whenever you feel thirsty throughout the day. If you end up having to urinate every few hours, that’s a lot better than being dehydrated. Dehydration raises cortisol, and elevated cortisol reduces testosterone. So staying hydrated is important to recovering.
    Makes a lot of sense buddy will definetely up my water intake and set a goal

Unfortunately as feared my sleep has gone again. After steady day on day improvement in my water fast which culminated in 8 hours yesterday I barely managed 3 with no signs of going back for more which was one of the reasons I did the waterfast and didn't power through the protocol. Whenever I was on the verge of sleeping I'd feel this uneasy feeling in my stomach/gut that I know is stopping me.

Hopefully this is an up and downswing as to be honest prior to my mistake I wouldn't really say I suffered with downswings at least none that I could feel, it just seemed like I was at a solid baseline which gradually was on a upward trend

That protein powder crash I'm sure messed up my gut and immune system. The water fast I believe helped my gut tremendously but the fact that I got sick a week after ingesting it and then coming off the fast it seems I may have picked something else up. Everytime I feel I'm on the mend feels like something is around the corner.

I seemed to be doing so well for so long that it's almost hard to believe I'm back in this state but regardless got to keep reminding myself that it's just a phase and also the protocol will fix everything eventually. Weights and herbs here we come
    Last edited by Comewhatmay; 01-11-2021 at 02:50 AM.