Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Road to the Recovery section

Hi Guys,

Following on from my introduction my story goes as follows

Debated for about 2 months whether to take finasteride. In terms of side effects the main ones I heard about were ED which may persist after use but did not know about the whole host of other sides that comes with the poison. After numerous YouTube videos (mostly pro-fin admitedly) I decided to take the punt and the plan being (to reduce sides funnily enough) take the pills three times a week Monday Wednesday and Friday.

Took the first pill on Wednesday just before I slept and felt fine until I tried to get an erection and it was noticeably harder to get fully up and when it was it did not stay for as long as it usually does.. Que some alarm bells however going through reddit and listening to these two Australian hair loss doctors regarding sides like that I was told chances are they would subside after a week so thought nothing much of it. Took the second pill on Friday as planned and the ED was still the same the following Saturday and it was at that point that I began thinking its not worth it and was not going to take another pill.

Then sometime that Saturday evening I had a very bad panic/anxiety attack I couldn't sit still I had all these crazy thoughts through my mind, my heartbeat was through the roof, couldn't sleep and worst of all this crippling anxiety I couldn't shake off.

Did a water fast the following Sunday (not sure if it helped) but I then did feel on the mend the following week as in I could sleep, eat whatever I wanted (not junk though) no anxiety but then a week to the day I had my first anxiety attack I had the second which wasn't as bad but then after effects of it were, as in I couldn't sleep again, anxiety returned etc.

After my second attack I then did a water fast for 5 days and since those 5 days till now I am doing ramadan (in my case, intermittent fasting from midnight to around half 8 in the evening) and since then and cutting out gluten and dairy thankfully my sleep has returned back to normal and the crippling anxiety had drastically reduced and I only really feel it if I am stressed and not every single second like before.

Unfortunately when I did crash I ended up on reddit and pph which did not help the anxiety at all. I actually mentioned on pph during my dark days that if things do not improve that I will embark on this protocol but was told its dangerous and people have crashed doing exercise or with certain herbs but being here and seeing the results it's hard to dispute you know.

As I said mentioned the anxiety and insomnia have gone (thankfully!) as these really worried me but the new symptoms which maybe I didn't realise before were face fat loss my skin seems very dull and lifeless compared to before and also my face is noticeable slimmer especially around the jaw line area (very similar to @Damn post which has assured me this is fixable) and also ED whereby I can get it up through manual or visual stimulation but it doesn't stay there for too long.

I've been told on other forums that seen as yesterday was a month post crash and I have made good improvements, I ought to wait another 2 months (maybe by some miracle this thing goes away naturally) before embarking on something like this but I am worried that potentially the longer I leave this the more damage it will do

The plan for me on the protocol would be after ramadan is finished I will then continue with a paleo style diet for a week.

Then water fast
    Refeed
    Paleo
    Daily supps
    Excercise (hiit body weight workouts for a month 3-5x a week, 3 weeks of dumbell weight routines and then continuing weights but higher weight and less reps and then begin with the herb rotations and hopefully this will take me to the finish line.

Thanks for the time and place

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comewhatmay View Post
    Hi Guys,

Following on from my introduction my story goes as follows

Debated for about 2 months whether to take finasteride. In terms of side effects the main ones I heard about were ED which may persist after use but did not know about the whole host of other sides that comes with the poison. After numerous YouTube videos (mostly pro-fin admitedly) I decided to take the punt and the plan being (to reduce sides funnily enough) take the pills three times a week Monday Wednesday and Friday.

Took the first pill on Wednesday just before I slept and felt fine until I tried to get an erection and it was noticeably harder to get fully up and when it was it did not stay for as long as it usually does.. Que some alarm bells however going through reddit and listening to these two Australian hair loss doctors regarding sides like that I was told chances are they would subside after a week so thought nothing much of it. Took the second pill on Friday as planned and the ED was still the same the following Saturday and it was at that point that I began thinking its not worth it and was not going to take another pill.

Then sometime that Saturday evening I had a very bad panic/anxiety attack I couldn't sit still I had all these crazy thoughts through my mind, my heartbeat was through the roof, couldn't sleep and worst of all this crippling anxiety I couldn't shake off.

Did a water fast the following Sunday (not sure if it helped) but I then did feel on the mend the following week as in I could sleep, eat whatever I wanted (not junk though) no anxiety but then a week to the day I had my first anxiety attack I had the second which wasn't as bad but then after effects of it were, as in I couldn't sleep again, anxiety returned etc.

After my second attack I then did a water fast for 5 days and since those 5 days till now I am doing ramadan (in my case, intermittent fasting from midnight to around half 8 in the evening) and since then and cutting out gluten and dairy thankfully my sleep has returned back to normal and the crippling anxiety had drastically reduced and I only really feel it if I am stressed and not every single second like before.

Unfortunately when I did crash I ended up on reddit and pph which did not help the anxiety at all. I actually mentioned on pph during my dark days that if things do not improve that I will embark on this protocol but was told its dangerous and people have crashed doing exercise or with certain herbs but being here and seeing the results it's hard to dispute you know.

As I said mentioned the anxiety and insomnia have gone (thankfully!) as these really worried me but the new symptoms which maybe I didn't realise before were face fat loss my skin seems very dull and lifeless compared to before and also my face is noticeable slimmer especially around the jaw line area (very similar to @Damn post which has assured me this is fixable) and also ED whereby I can get it up through manual or visual stimulation but it doesn't stay there for too long.

I've been told on other forums that seen as yesterday was a month post crash and I have made good improvements, I ought to wait another 2 months (maybe by some miracle this thing goes away naturally) before embarking on something like this but I am worried that potentially the longer I leave this the more damage it will do

The plan for me on the protocol would be after ramadan is finished I will then continue with a paleo style diet for a week.

Then water fast
    Refeed
    Paleo
    Daily supps
    Excercise (hiit body weight workouts for a month 3-5x a week, 3 weeks of dumbell weight routines and then continuing weights but higher weight and less reps and then begin with the herb rotations and hopefully this will take me to the finish line.

Thanks for the time and place
    Welcome.

Please be assured, there is nothing dangerous about doing things that will serve to enhance every aspect of your health as a man.

Jump in with both feet, go 100%, and you'll get where you want to go.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Welcome.

Please be assured, there is nothing dangerous about doing things that will serve to enhance every aspect of your health as a man.

Jump in with both feet, go 100%, and you'll get where you want to go.
    Thank you for the kind welcome Sir. Reading the countless stories of people documenting their journey has assured me ill leave pfs a better man than the one that entered. It's interesting as I am currently in ramadan coming of my pfs crash it's almost the reverse of the protocol where the good days are getting less and less and the bad days are outgrowing them but I know this is temporary and when I jump on the protocol head first I'll be where I want to.

I did have just the one question Cdnuts, having looked at loads of recovery stories sometimes I get a bit intimidated looking at the majority of those recovered and the amount of vitamins and supplements that they take for example one recovery user wrote they used

Morning:
    Protocol Herb
    Bacopa
    Pine Pollen (3 teaspoons)
    L-theanine
    Vitamin D
    Niacinamide
    Bakopa
    Ginkgo Biloba
    Vitamin K (2 drops Kuinone sublingually)
    Pansterone (2 drops applied to testes)
    Piracetam 5g
    Creatine 5g
    1g Vit C
    15mg Zinc
    Alphas-Liopoic Acid
    L carnitine
    13mg Methylene Blue

Night:
    Protocol herb
    Magnesium
    Glycine
    L-Theanine

Gym:
    15G BCAA's

In my case Im not the most clued up when it comes to this type of thing which is why I am grateful for the way the tmo website is made nice and clear and simply for us to follow but based on the website I would only use spirulina and chlorella and vitamin d and a protein pill daily and then once my diet and exercise is aligned I would jump on the herb rotation. I just want to ensure I am doing everything correct and not missing out on anything which could be beneficial

Thanks again

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the kind welcome Sir. Reading the countless stories of people documenting their journey has assured me ill leave pfs a better man than the one that entered. It's interesting as I am currently in ramadan coming of my pfs crash it's almost the reverse of the protocol where the good days are getting less and less and the bad days are outgrowing them but I know this is temporary and when I jump on the protocol head first I'll be where I want to.

I did have just the one question Cdnuts, having looked at loads of recovery stories sometimes I get a bit intimidated looking at the majority of those recovered and the amount of vitamins and supplements that they take for example one recovery user wrote they used

Morning:
    Protocol Herb
    Bacopa
    Pine Pollen (3 teaspoons)
    L-theanine
    Vitamin D
    Niacinamide
    Bakopa
    Ginkgo Biloba
    Vitamin K (2 drops Kuinone sublingually)
    Pansterone (2 drops applied to testes)
    Piracetam 5g
    Creatine 5g
    1g Vit C
    15mg Zinc
    Alphas-Liopoic Acid
    L carnitine
    13mg Methylene Blue

Night:
    Protocol herb
    Magnesium
    Glycine
    L-Theanine

Gym:
    15G BCAA's

In my case Im not the most clued up when it comes to this type of thing which is why I am grateful for the way the tmo website is made nice and clear and simply for us to follow but based on the website I would only use spirulina and chlorella and vitamin d and a protein pill daily and then once my diet and exercise is aligned I would jump on the herb rotation. I just want to ensure I am doing everything correct and not missing out on anything which could be beneficial

Thanks again
    You can start the herb rotation right away, along with everything else. It will only help to get you going in the right direction quicker.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do CD, can't wait to get this thing going and have this ordeal behind me

Made a mistake yesterday. I was lieing down and noticed the muscle wastage on my thighs and calves and decided to do 100 body weight squats within 10 mins at like 6pm and was extremely happy to notice I had the thigh and leg aches that come with it and was also sweating quite a bit however when it came time to sleep my heart rate wouldn't let me and there was this disgusting odour I could smell coming from me and bare in mind the last week my sleep has been similar to before this situation. Just another reminder to myself and others to take it easy and although my intentions were good it was only counterproductive and I only managed to get 3hrs sleep.

I was actually debating to jump straight into the weights however after this I will do the. Calisthenics and work my way up

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will do CD, can't wait to get this thing going and have this ordeal behind me

Made a mistake yesterday. I was lieing down and noticed the muscle wastage on my thighs and calves and decided to do 100 body weight squats within 10 mins at like 6pm and was extremely happy to notice I had the thigh and leg aches that come with it and was also sweating quite a bit however when it came time to sleep my heart rate wouldn't let me and there was this disgusting odour I could smell coming from me and bare in mind the last week my sleep has been similar to before this situation. Just another reminder to myself and others to take it easy and although my intentions were good it was only counterproductive and I only managed to get 3hrs sleep.

I was actually debating to jump straight into the weights however after this I will do the. Calisthenics and work my way up
    TMO recommends starting with calisthenics my man. Especially if you're not used to working with weights. Also, you want to keep your work outs as far away from sleep as possible. I personally wouldn't work out passed 4pm. It really gets things going which will lead to sleep issues, especially if you're already experiencing them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice will definetely take it on board. I did want to ask one thing regarding the herbs and that is if anyone knows where to get SMH quality herbs over here in the UK or if they have a European distributor? Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice will definetely take it on board. I did want to ask one thing regarding the herbs and that is if anyone knows where to get SMH quality herbs over here in the UK or if they have a European distributor? Thanks in advance
    Lost Empire from TMO will ship to the UK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Lost Empire from TMO will ship to the UK
    Gotcha. About to put an order through. I've gone for Pine Pollen both powder and tincture, Shilajit, Goji Berry, Bacopa (got this one based of a recommendation CD gave to coppersocks regarding lowering cortisol after workouts to aid sleep), He Shou Wu, Tongkat Ali, Ant Extract & Cistanche. Moving forward I will probably have to purchase these herbs locally for financial reasons, so if anyone does know any decent UK or European suppliers of good quality herbs please let me know especially as I plan on using just the herb rotation (understand that prohormones may that you to the promiseland quicker but are by no means essential) as well as diet, exercise, cold showers etc. That come with the protocol.

Personally I'm going thorough upswings and downswings if you like (which give me a glimpse of the future) whereby as its ramadan and my eating hours are severely limited i think its actually benifted me in terms of discipline as I've pretty much kept it paleo with the exception of rice quite oftenly which I handle fine. Sleep
    starts consistent in terms on an upswing I sleep for around 4 hrs then wake for 10 mins then another 3 hours and on a downswing its sleep for 4 hrs and then maybe an hour and that is after really struggling. Interestingly this downswing coincided with the 100 bodyweight squats where I struggled to sleep with after (and 3 days later I still feel the soreness which is a good thing I guess).

In terms of timescale to recovery I know CD initially said I have a great chance of being a quick case (needless to say this is if I adhere to the protocol 100%) but I personally now believe I could be towards the end of the scale and the reason I say this is due to the muscle wastage and loss of fat of face, sunken eyes and pale skin which based on cases similar it does seem to take longer to clear those symptoms. Initially I was weighed down at the thought but then realised what the alternative was and the answer was in two years time drowning in my sorrows

I know I've rambled on for a while now and I do apologise as its not the place to do so but I just thought about the day where this whole thing is behind me and I can look at my own post just like this one and say... Look how far you've come kid

Ramadan finishes on Saturday so next steps for me is probably 5 days of normal eating paleo style then jump into a 7-9 day waterfast at home which should be fine as I'm working from home and resting

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gotcha. About to put an order through. I've gone for Pine Pollen both powder and tincture, Shilajit, Goji Berry, Bacopa (got this one based of a recommendation CD gave to coppersocks regarding lowering cortisol after workouts to aid sleep), He Shou Wu, Tongkat Ali, Ant Extract & Cistanche. Moving forward I will probably have to purchase these herbs locally for financial reasons, so if anyone does know any decent UK or European suppliers of good quality herbs please let me know especially as I plan on using just the herb rotation (understand that prohormones may that you to the promiseland quicker but are by no means essential) as well as diet, exercise, cold showers etc. That come with the protocol.

Personally I'm going thorough upswings and downswings if you like (which give me a glimpse of the future) whereby as its ramadan and my eating hours are severely limited i think its actually benifted me in terms of discipline as I've pretty much kept it paleo with the exception of rice quite oftenly which I handle fine. Sleep
    starts consistent in terms on an upswing I sleep for around 4 hrs then wake for 10 mins then another 3 hours and on a downswing its sleep for 4 hrs and then maybe an hour and that is after really struggling. Interestingly this downswing coincided with the 100 bodyweight squats where I struggled to sleep with after (and 3 days later I still feel the soreness which is a good thing I guess).

In terms of timescale to recovery I know CD initially said I have a great chance of being a quick case (needless to say this is if I adhere to the protocol 100%) but I personally now believe I could be towards the end of the scale and the reason I say this is due to the muscle wastage and loss of fat of face, sunken eyes and pale skin which based on cases similar it does seem to take longer to clear those symptoms. Initially I was weighed down at the thought but then realised what the alternative was and the answer was in two years time drowning in my sorrows

I know I've rambled on for a while now and I do apologise as its not the place to do so but I just thought about the day where this whole thing is behind me and I can look at my own post just like this one and say... Look how far you've come kid

Ramadan finishes on Saturday so next steps for me is probably 5 days of normal eating paleo style then jump into a 7-9 day waterfast at home which should be fine as I'm working from home and resting
    I thought that too, but honestly, I've never gone back to look at my posts on PH.....ever. it was so traumatic and dark and depressing and I didn't want to bring that into my present moment. to each there own.