Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonz View Post
    Can you still gain muscle while IF?

Also how do you do the herbs if you’re IF?
    Yes, you can. Your body actually becomes more responsive to insulin and food. Makes backloading all the better. You just eat more on the other days.

Take the herbs anyway.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back with a little update.

About a month ago I decided to get my shit together and commit to this damn protocol fully. I made great progress between March and June, it was time to kick this shit up a notch. So I committed to the herb cycling, I have l-theanine with my black coffee, and I now carb backload (I may have broken this one once or twice). That first 2 and a half weeks, holy shit I felt amazing. It's funny, I think back on how many times in the last 10 years I told myself I experienced a moment of full recovery. And now, as my upswings get better and better, I realize that those past moments were not even close lol. Unfortunately that huge upswing did not last, but it's not like I crashed or anything. It's like I have a new baseline, but I can tell I've still got a long road ahead. Some big symptoms that seem to have gone away entirely are my extreme anxiety and my mood. It's also been like 4 months since my dick has had that hourglass curvature thing happen.

I've always been meaning to add something in addition to magnesium to help my sleep, and I'm thinking glycine is the one to go with. Sounds like it's great not just for sleep, but for inflammation as well. Plan on ordering some this week.

For the herb cycle, I'm currently rotating Mucuna, Goji Powder, Ashwaghanda, Tongkat, Tribulus, Shilajit and Pine Pollen Powder. To stretch it out a bit, on the 8th day instead of taking an herb I'll grind up sorghum grains in a shake. I want to add an actual herb soon, though. What would everyone's suggestion be for the next one to add to my arsenal? I was thinking Rhodiola, Horny Goat Weed or Cordyseps.

Also, I know this is probably me overthinking and not worth asking but I'll ask anyway. I know a lot of people included Goji Berry Powder in their protocol, but I was just reading that it contains the micronutrient Beta-Sitosterol, which is one of the main components of Saw Palmetto (which put me in this hell to begin with!). This freaked me out a bit. But it seems no one has any issues with it. Is it such a small amount that it's not worth stressing over?

Keep up the fight fellas! When I'm finished with this shit I'm buying everyone drinks!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingpie View Post
    Back with a little update.

About a month ago I decided to get my shit together and commit to this damn protocol fully. I made great progress between March and June, it was time to kick this shit up a notch. So I committed to the herb cycling, I have l-theanine with my black coffee, and I now carb backload (I may have broken this one once or twice). That first 2 and a half weeks, holy shit I felt amazing. It's funny, I think back on how many times in the last 10 years I told myself I experienced a moment of full recovery. And now, as my upswings get better and better, I realize that those past moments were not even close lol. Unfortunately that huge upswing did not last, but it's not like I crashed or anything. It's like I have a new baseline, but I can tell I've still got a long road ahead. Some big symptoms that seem to have gone away entirely are my extreme anxiety and my mood. It's also been like 4 months since my dick has had that hourglass curvature thing happen.

I've always been meaning to add something in addition to magnesium to help my sleep, and I'm thinking glycine is the one to go with. Sounds like it's great not just for sleep, but for inflammation as well. Plan on ordering some this week.

For the herb cycle, I'm currently rotating Mucuna, Goji Powder, Ashwaghanda, Tongkat, Tribulus, Shilajit and Pine Pollen Powder. To stretch it out a bit, on the 8th day instead of taking an herb I'll grind up sorghum grains in a shake. I want to add an actual herb soon, though. What would everyone's suggestion be for the next one to add to my arsenal? I was thinking Rhodiola, Horny Goat Weed or Cordyseps.

Also, I know this is probably me overthinking and not worth asking but I'll ask anyway. I know a lot of people included Goji Berry Powder in their protocol, but I was just reading that it contains the micronutrient Beta-Sitosterol, which is one of the main components of Saw Palmetto (which put me in this hell to begin with!). This freaked me out a bit. But it seems no one has any issues with it. Is it such a small amount that it's not worth stressing over?

Keep up the fight fellas! When I'm finished with this shit I'm buying everyone drinks!
    Keep at it my man. You're so close if you're having full recovery fluctuations. I also took Goji Berry and was a Saw Palmetto victim. I think you'll be fine, but obviously you'll have to try it once to see if it agrees with you. You won't go into full blown PFS from Goji Berry, from trying, however.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah man right after I made that post I searched this forum for beta sitosterol and realized that it's actually in so many every day foods, so I guess I was overreacting. I'm just clueless when it comes to this stuff lol.

So yesterday I had a pretty shitty day, probably the worst day I've had in a couple of months. But then today I've been feeling great. I guess I'm gonna be experiencing a lot of upswings and downswings as I continue on. I'm currently the most optimistic I've been in like 10 years. I've had a handful of shitty days in the last 4 months, but as a whole these 4 months have been the biggest progress I've made so far.

Max, do you have any recommendations for the next herbs I should add to my rotation? I've had my eyes on HGW and Rhodiola.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah man right after I made that post I searched this forum for beta sitosterol and realized that it's actually in so many every day foods, so I guess I was overreacting. I'm just clueless when it comes to this stuff lol.

So yesterday I had a pretty shitty day, probably the worst day I've had in a couple of months. But then today I've been feeling great. I guess I'm gonna be experiencing a lot of upswings and downswings as I continue on. I'm currently the most optimistic I've been in like 10 years. I've had a handful of shitty days in the last 4 months, but as a whole these 4 months have been the biggest progress I've made so far.

Max, do you have any recommendations for the next herbs I should add to my rotation? I've had my eyes on HGW and Rhodiola.
    Some of my favorites include cistanche (huge favorite here as of late), schisandra, and cordyceps. I’d suggest those if you don’t have already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Some of my favorites include cistanche (huge favorite here as of late), schisandra, and cordyceps. I’d suggest those if you don’t have already.
    Ah awesome thanks! I dont know much about cistanche or schisandra, but I'll read up on it tonight. I wanna add at least 1 more herb this week, would like to have a solid 10 rotating. I've had my eye on cordyceps too.

Might as well give another quick update. Yesterday I woke up feeling great again. Met up with some old friends, and someone whipped out a joint. Its been a while since I smoked, and was nervous that this would set me back, but it actually gave me this huge jolt in libido. Like as soon as I got home I had to rub one out, and then like an hour later that libido was still asking for a second round haha
    Today was another good day.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah awesome thanks! I dont know much about cistanche or schisandra, but I'll read up on it tonight. I wanna add at least 1 more herb this week, would like to have a solid 10 rotating. I've had my eye on cordyceps too.

Might as well give another quick update. Yesterday I woke up feeling great again. Met up with some old friends, and someone whipped out a joint. Its been a while since I smoked, and was nervous that this would set me back, but it actually gave me this huge jolt in libido. Like as soon as I got home I had to rub one out, and then like an hour later that libido was still asking for a second round haha
    Today was another good day.
    Same thing happens to me when it comes to weed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Same thing happens to me when it comes to weed
    It was always like that pre-PFS for me, but in the last several years weed would always make my dick go numb. So this has been an interesting development!

I've had another great day today. Didn't wake up with morning wood, but got multiple random erections throughout the day. I also ordered Schisandra. Odd that Cistanche seems to be out of stock everywhere. I could only find it on Lost Empire but it's too expensive there (65 bucks!). The other two supplement companies that I trust (Vitajing and Samsara) seem to have been sold out of it for months. Anyone have any other brand recommendations?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been over a month since my last update, so I figured I'll chime in.
    With the exception of this week, I had been feeling pretty amazing of the last 6 weeks or so. Nocturnal wood, morning wood, and random erections coming back practically daily. Libido needs some work, but it's coming. Stronger erections too. I added Schisandra and Cordyceps to my rotation. Dont really notice anything on days I take Schisandra, but I love my Cordyceps days. I feel so energetic and alive.
    A few weeks ago I took a boys trip and drank alcohol for the first time in over a year. Also smoked weed. I've kept up my clean diet, although that weekend I was eating a lot of potato chips which I usually avoid. Even ate a couple gluten free brownies. Felt absolutely fine. That was such an amazing feeling, to know I can let loose with my friends on special occasions and not have to panic about taking two steps back in my progress.

Things were honestly going so well this summer that days would go by where I'd completely forget about PFS. Unfortunately this week I hit a low point, but I was expecting this. All the recovery journeys I've followed up here included a lot of ups and downs toward the end, so I knew I was gonna eventually face some bad days. Mine hit on Tuesday, I woke up with morning wood but then a couple hours later my dick got that numb feeling again. It stayed like that until I woke up the next morning, when I once again got morning wood. But then the same thing happened, by the afternoon it felt numb and my energy was just depleted all day. Today was better, but I'm not back to my new baseline yet. I'm sure it'll be better by tomorrow.

I feel the end is coming! Can't wait to join the big guns here in the recovery thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've hit a big slump and I'm hoping someone has any advise.

Since June I feel like I've created a new baseline. There were days between then and now where I'd have amazing days, sometimes amazing weeks, where it felt like PFS was a thing of the past. But even on the average days I could always count on having my energy back, no pain in my dick, and maybe even some nocturnal/morning/random erection at some point in the day. My last amazing period was last month, where I went 14 days of feeling absolutely fantastic. But now these last 6 days have been absolute hell for me. Definitely the worst days I've had in over a year. There's a constant pain in my dick, its shriveled up and cold. I feel completely drained of energy, yet if I have a cup of coffee I feel like my anxiety is blowing through the roof.
    Now I know it's to be expected to experience high days and low days, but I'm really concerned about how low this period has been. Am I doing any part of the protocol wrong? Here's basically where I'm at:

Herb cycle: Cistanche, Blank Ant, Pine Pollen, Mucuna, Tongkat, Tribulus, Cordyceps, Ashwagandha, Schisandra, Shilajit.

Typical Diet:
    Breakfast - eggs, bacon, cheese, bone broth
    Lunch - grass fed beef, asparagus, zucchini and onions sauteed in olive oil
    Post Gym Shake - grass fed whey, rolled oats, banana, honey, glutamine, collagen powder, spinach, blueberries
    Dinner - chicken or fish, sweet potatoes, kale and kimchi. Cooked in olive oil

About a month ago I started taking Chlorella every other day, alternating with a multi vitamin. I also typically take L-Theanine in my morning coffee, 7,000iu of Vit D, Vit C powder, Fish Oil and a probiotic every day. I occasionally take magnesium powder before bed, and drink Pau D'Arco tea a few times a week.
    I do heavy weightlifting at the gym 5 days a week. Use a bathmate 2-3 times a week.

Does anyone see anything here that I should tweak? I've been thinking about starting Pine Pollen up daily, but wasn't sure if I should wait until I'm a little further along before starting.