User Tag List

Thread: Weak Moment

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weak Moment

Had a weak moment and took 2 hits of a joint, that was the first time I had smoked in 4-5 months. I quit before the protocol started. Trying to not make a big deal out of it as I think alcohol is worse and I have done a good job not drinking. Just an update, today is a new day, minor set back but I will keep going. I don’t think weed once every few months is a big set back. But I won’t be smoking again anytime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowsa View Post
    Had a weak moment and took 2 hits of a joint, that was the first time I had smoked in 4-5 months. I quit before the protocol started. Trying to not make a big deal out of it as I think alcohol is worse and I have done a good job not drinking. Just an update, today is a new day, minor set back but I will keep going. I don’t think weed once every few months is a big set back. But I won’t be smoking again anytime soon.
    Don’t think it’s a big deal either, but def it’s better if you can avoid it, principally of doing it constantly.

Question: Why create a thread to say that? wouldn’t be better to write on your own? so people could see progress before and after this kind of episodes?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone fucks up man. I fucked up plenty myself, just never posted about it. I love alcohol/beer and I had my struggles during recovery too. I usually tried to set realistic goals, such as three months or six months instead of years of abstinence. That made it more manageable.

Obviously living as spartan like as possible is going to accelerate things, but it’s tough in life especially these days. Don’t beat yourself up about it....get on the horse and ride again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree, we cannot wish our lives back if we are not living and enjoying it ...

I gave a break last week with booze and cigarrete also and I’m doing a fast to compensate, not suffering for it, but literally enjoying my fast.

Glad to know @Maxout was not a spartan all the time and still recovered in 1,5 year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowsa View Post
    Definitely don't worry about it. My reaction to weed is strange. If I smoke like once every 3 months, then it actually has an amazing effect on my progress. My libido sky rockets, more blood flows down there, and I have stronger erections. But if I then start smoking more frequently, it has the opposite effect and it kills my libido and gives me a numb feeling.
    I used to be a huge pot head but now I try to save it for just a handful of times a year on special occasions (typically concerts, which unfortunately/fortunately won't be happening this year).

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol the most I’ve fucked up is eating carbs like gluten free pasta & bread, rice etc. on days I don’t work out... I’m a bit over a year in and I’m starting to miss the pizza, mcdonalds and all that stuff lol. Haven’t had alcohol once since PFS hit, but tbh, I was never a big drinker anyway.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Rafenk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaleksi View Post
    Lol the most I’ve fucked up is eating carbs like gluten free pasta & bread, rice etc. on days I don’t work out... I’m a bit over a year in and I’m starting to miss the pizza, mcdonalds and all that stuff lol. Haven’t had alcohol once since PFS hit, but tbh, I was never a big drinker anyway.
    Damn dude... you sure you're Finnish?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafenk View Post
    Damn dude... you sure you're Finnish?
    Lol. I guess there’s always an exception to the rule. Sure, I drank w/ my friends sometimes, but not every weekend or anything like that. Was more of a junk food guy tbh, I had a shitty diet for years and wasn’t really in good shape despite working out. I had just started getting my shit together, and that’s when I took fin....and yeah, you can guess how well that worked out...

I think after I fully recover, I’ll still follow the protocol, but with a cheat meal here and there. Now that I don’t feel like shit 24/7 like the beginning of pfs it’s been a bit harder to stay the course. Still grinding though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the support guys, I just needed reassurance it wasn’t a huge deal and I shouldn’t stress. Good progress for me otherwise, I know sexual sides come last but everything else is good. In the best shape I’ve been in a while. Keep grinding everyone.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have zero liability to any of us brother, you’re going to recover. Don’t kill yourself over it. A joint isn’t going to kill you. Keep doing you bud, you’re fine. Honestly, listen to maxout. That’s fantastic advise from someone who recovered.