Alright guys, I want to switch gear for a minute away from PFS since this is primarily a body building forum, I want some tips on how to build some quality muscle.

I've been in the gym for probably about 6 years, and I have a lot of muscle built up and have good strength but I've never been able to really get where I want to be. I want to build some muscle but lean muscle, and have kind of that shredded look.

Strength has never been an issue for my size, I stand 5'5 and weigh about 145, my all time maxes with the big 3 are as follows-

Bench - 265
Squat - 315
Deadlift - 420

I think my issue has always been with diet, I just don't really understand it. Stuff like "eat x grams of protein a day" confuses me because I don't know to count calories or what grams look like when it comes to food. One thing for sure is I don't think I am eating enough to be where I want to be, my diet is paleo, mostly fruits and meats, with a serving or two of veggies a day, plus a ton of ice cream during back loads. There's definitely a science to building muscle as far as which lifts to do, when and how much to eat for your size, etc.

Anyone have tips on how to build lean muscle? Diet tips such as how to count macros or protein/fat ratios to be aware of?