User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really need to fix my sleep - pretty sure this is what is stopping me from really progressing to near 100%. It is definitely linked to my gut but can’t seem to figure out exactly what is wrong - but get major bloat in the night which usually wakes me after about 5 hours and then takes me an hour or more to get back to sleep.

The days I lift heavy, I seem to be pretty wired into the evening and this makes things worse, light sleep, lots of waking through the night.

Maybe I need to do a water fast...

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question geezers,

With what's going on with Covid and living with my parents I am wary of starting the gym at least for the foreseeable future and wanted some advice.

Currently I am eating paleo and rotating some calisthenics exercises but I feel that I am primed and ready to start lifting iron. Basically I wanted to know if instead of the gym (at least for the next 3 or so months) I could purchase a set of dumbells and a bar with weights I could add on similar to this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MQKG9..._1JDeFb0R55KWR (sorry I don't know how to hyperlink)

I want to follow tmo in regards to exercises and splits and understand for e.g. With back exercises it will be difficult to do without gym equipment but I have seen a decent regime using dumbells and a bar with weights on the Internet. So just wanted to know if this would be okay enough to raise testosterone enough to make progress.

Thanks Lads

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are programs that you can do with dumbbells - I have 2 x 2kg, 2 x 5kg, 2 x 10kg dumbbells and some resistance bands and a chin up bar at home. Can get a decent work out, but more 10 reps / hypertrophy program. It’s good enough for a stop gap until COVID passes - that said I am back in the gyms down here in Sydney. You can’t lift heavy at home without a full set up

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Which foods would you consider high calorie on paleo? I eat 3 meals a day with a protein source each meal, with fruits and some nuts added in as snacks during the day but it's only coming out to about 1500-2000 calories for the day. I am aiming toward about 2600 I believe.

I agree sleep is huge, for some reason I've always been a night owl, it's like my body would never let me sleep before 2 am even before PFS. Once I do fall asleep I can sleep for 8-10 hours most days, and working out in the morning is especially important for me because if I workout any time past 3 pm I'll be up all night. I just set my iPhone to that setting where it turns to blue light blocking after a certain time at night, so I'm hoping that will help me avoid blue light, but I'll probably just stick to reading or TV until bed.

I also just ordered Albizia from LEH, excited to give it a try.
    Sorry I missed this in the commotion, but sounds like you’re moving forward in the right areas for sleep. I highly suggest a good pair of twilight blue blockers, they make a world of difference. As far as high calorie foods on paleo, just making shakes with high protein, and Zero Lauric acid MCT oil for “snacks” helped me a lot. Seems that you got the right idea from another poster though as well.