Hybrid View

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheat meals

Ayo – lighthearted post for everyone.
    Genuinely curious, what’re your guys “cheat” meals? Within the boundaries of the protocol, of course. I’m looking for some inspiration here. I also want to see how skewed and fucked up our sense of “unhealthy” has become haha. I told someone my cheat meal consisted of an entire 2lbs Costco bag of frozen blueberries, some cinnamon, some celtic sea salt, some walnuts on top. You bet. And they told me I was crazy & that wasn’t unhealthy, and I thought yeah, you’re probably right.

My favorite is homemade ice cream. Ice + coconut milk + 15 fresh dates + cinnamon + vanilla extract. Maybe some coconut chips on top. The best part is the yield, honestly – it’s the equivalent of like 4 pints. Still has close to 100g sugar, so still not good for you. But it ain’t the shit Ben & Jerrys is peddling. I’ve got nothing against them – I still look forward to the day I feel comfortable slapping 2 pints of the tonight dough/oat of this swirled.

Chicharrones are another one, but they’re fried so this might actually be breaking protocol.

Anyways, let me know how you sick fucks get down these days.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I smash pints of ice cream lol. I’ve had a few slip ups where I get drunk and eat a ton of pizza as well. If I really want to cheat I’ll eat a pint of ice cream and a bag of tortilla chips with salsa during back loads. Hasn’t set me back really but I try to stick to ice cream if I’m gonna cheat. Also the grocery store usually has a gluten free section where you’ll find cookies and all sorts of shit, better believe I smash all the shit I can find that’s gluten free during cheats or backloads.

Also, I’m curious. How do you make that ice cream recipe? Blender and put it in the freezer?

If I knew how to make homemade ice cream I probably wouldn’t buy pints, though I stick to Haagen-Dazs which is pretty high quality ingredients, also “SO delicious” has a few flavors such as cookie dough that are both dairy and gluten free.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 07-24-2020 at 01:16 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I smash pints of ice cream lol. I’ve had a few slip ups where I get drunk and eat a ton of pizza as well. If I really want to cheat I’ll eat a pint of ice cream and a bag of tortilla chips with salsa during back loads. Hasn’t set me back really but I try to stick to ice cream if I’m gonna cheat. Also the grocery store usually has a gluten free section where you’ll find cookies and all sorts of shit, better believe I smash all the shit I can find that’s gluten free during cheats or backloads.

Also, I’m curious. How do you make that ice cream recipe? Blender and put it in the freezer?

If I knew how to make homemade ice cream I probably wouldn’t buy pints, though I stick to Haagen-Dazs which is pretty high quality ingredients, also “SO delicious” has a few flavors such as cookie dough that are both dairy and gluten free.
    I have a Vitamix w/ an ice cream setting on it that actually works really well. Don’t have to let it sit overnight or anything & it comes out thick. You could give it a try with a normal pulse blender & try & find the right ice to coconut milk consistency, too.

& brother believe me, I do the same thing. I spent 72$ the other day on plantain chips, chicharrones, coconut ice cream, dried fruit, etc. anything to try and emulate that perfect cold sweet/salty crunch experience that ice cream and tortilla chips used to give me too.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice Cream before bed is the bees knees, fellas.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    That it is, my friend. Aren't there supposedly some health benefits to ice cream before bed?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bodybuilder and YouTuber Rich Piana used to eat a pint of Ben & Jerry’s before bed every single night, lol

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That it is, my friend. Aren't there supposedly some health benefits to ice cream before bed?
    IIRC, it prevents you from entering a hypothyroid state during sleep and helps you have more “anabolic sleep”. It’s been years since I first looked into it and posted about it here though, for what it’s worth.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC, it prevents you from entering a hypothyroid state during sleep and helps you have more “anabolic sleep”. It’s been years since I first looked into it and posted about it here though, for what it’s worth.
    Interesting stuff man. Are you gonna be around the forum in the near future? I think I’m running my first cycle of R Andro in the 1st, I’m sure I’ll have a lot of questions during it, especially if I start feeling like shit haha.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting stuff man. Are you gonna be around the forum in the near future? I think I’m running my first cycle of R Andro in the 1st, I’m sure I’ll have a lot of questions during it, especially if I start feeling like shit haha.
    I plan to be around, for sure. I’m trying to get back to giving back more. I’m sure CD can use the help too as I’m noticing he’s been pretty busy outside the forum. This forum will always hold a special place to me as it served as a lifeline in a dire time of need, and I want to do what I can to make sure it can be that for others as well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan to be around, for sure. I’m trying to get back to giving back more. I’m sure CD can use the help too as I’m noticing he’s been pretty busy outside the forum. This forum will always hold a special place to me as it served as a lifeline in a dire time of need, and I want to do what I can to make sure it can be that for others as well.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. I plan on doing that when I recover as well, although I feel like it'll be a while for me unfortunately, that could just be the downswing talking though. But I just started the herbs in January so in reality I guess it hasn't been all that long.