Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Creatine

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    Your DHT is 290ng/dL?! How are you still breathing with that high of a value? And yes. Physically, raising my DHT helped a bit. It just didn't help my brain because DHT doesn't get into the brain. Using Creatine and DHT prohormones will stimulate 5ar type 2 (expressed in the skin) but will not fix any 5ar type 1 (expressed in the brain) problems. 5ar type 1 converts progesterone to 5a-Dihydroprogesterone (5a-DHP), which makes Allopregnenolone which then makes DHT downstream. Completely different pathway system than the well known 5ar type 2 pathway that converts testosterone to DHT.

First and foremost, you gotta fix that testosterone deficiency. Insufficient Testosterone yields insufficient DHT and other 5ar2 metabolites. And you cannot run anything to boost DHT until it's at least in the 400-600 total range with mid to lower range SHBG. Otherwise, it doesn't work. Get your LH, FSH, and DHEA checked. I'm willing to bet one or multiple of those are low if your T is that low. If LH or FSH are low, you need Clomid. If LH and FSH are fine but your DHEA is low, you need DHEA. If they're all fine or high, it's your boys not working properly and you need TRT.
    Pg/mL*, my b. Thanks for the input.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s one study showing creatine increases DHT a lot after 7 days, but there are no other studies that show this. Personally, I’m skeptical of that study but hope it’s true.

I’ve taken creatine since February 2019, 5g per day. It definitely lets you work out a bit harder and longer, and imo that could result in a better hormonal response to exercise whether it boosts DHT or not.

I doubt it would crash anyone, personally.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creatine mono made me crash in the early stage. Creatine hydrochloride made me crash worse and messed up my bowel again when I had improved a bit.

If you have bad gut problems maybe approach with caution. No, everyone on PH is not just a "pussy" making things up, they just tend to be much more severe cases

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea creatine made me feel worse too. But when you quit it you go back to normal. So you can always try it.

I will try creatine again soon to see how I react to it and also reintroduce coffee.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    Creatine mono made me crash in the early stage. Creatine hydrochloride made me crash worse and messed up my bowel again when I had improved a bit.

If you have bad gut problems maybe approach with caution. No, everyone on PH is not just a "pussy" making things up, they just tend to be much more severe cases
    While I agree with most of the points of your post, I would hesitate to determine the severity of cases by groups.

Severity is honestly in the eye of the beholder to a degree. I’ve learned that with PTSD. Everyone with the condition is biased toward their individual case. There are plenty of severe cases elsewhere as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, my point is really just that calling people "weak" or "lacking willpower" it's pretty insulting to anyone with chronic illness if you ask me. Some people with PFS really don't realize how much worse it can get. But I digress
    Last edited by basementdweller; 08-14-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just adding to my earlier statement, where I said I didn’t think creatine would make anyone crash. That was an off-the-cuff remark based on me assuming that it doesn’t have a major impact on hormones, which could be extremely wrong.

Your mileage may vary, and anyone who feels that they crashed because of creatine - your experience is genuine and I’m not contradicting that at all. I would never say that someone is weak or anything like that for crashing, from creatine or anything else. Just wanted to mention that in case anyone who crashed on creatine read what I wrote and feels like I’m invalidating them in any way. I personally didn’t crash on creatine, but that doesn’t necessarily apply to others.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point I don't doubt what can make someone crash. We're all different genetically, and different things affect people differently. That said, I've actually had really good luck with creatine hcl.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people crash the same way.
    Add something, Feel better, Use it every day -> crash
    Or never taken before, add it in very high doses and crash instantly.
    First time I bought nutritional yeast with b12 fortified(methylcobalamin) I took 1/50~ of the daily dose and then skipped a few days cuz I was so afraid of recrashing LOL.

Even if it's creatine, or whatever, the general idea of "I bought dis supp and now I'm gonna throw that into my body for the rest of my days" is quite.. weird. Healthy people can fk themselves up like this with almost all minerals/supps (besides mayb vit c and magn).

During my research I never came across Creatine as something "helping health" so I personally never saw the need to add it.
    Last edited by Bankai9000; 07-31-2020 at 03:50 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Cooper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    Creatine raises 5ar type 2 by more than 50% by cycling 25g daily for 3 weeks. It's best not to listen to the those pussies at PH because they claim everything "crashes" them. If there are some that felt worse from using it, period plain and simple, they have the hyper sensitive Androgen Receptor issue and didn't have the guts to see it through and reduce that sensitivity by agonizing the receptors back into place.

5ARIs are modified progesterone. Progesterone in high doses both inhibits 5ar significantly but will also antagonize and block the ARs to serum androgens when unbound to plasma proteins. When any receptor is antagonized enough, hypersensitivity occurs to its corresponding agonist. Hypersensitivity will also have paradoxical effects, meaning mimicking symptoms of low T. Many of us are walking around daily with this problem and not even realizing it. This is why TRT and DHT in "normal ranges" does not work so often. Too little to actually set them back into place and just enough to make you feel worse. Want it to be meaningful? Suck it up and go high.

I, myself, used Creatine a few weeks ago in the same fashion as in the below study along with my Andro hard cycle. My DHT went from 33ng/dL to 76ng/dL. It works. No pain no gain.

Study: Three weeks of creatine monohydrate supplementation affects dihydrotestosterone to testosterone ratio in college-aged rugby players - PubMed
    Hey Joe, i think Creatine also made me worse in the past. Should i use it again with my new GYM workouts? What you think? Some people got worse from it on PH. I don't understand it's mechanism on AR. CD's protocol is focused on increasing androgens and AR. But if we feel worse by doing it, what is the solution?