Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
Your DHT is 290ng/dL?! How are you still breathing with that high of a value? And yes. Physically, raising my DHT helped a bit. It just didn't help my brain because DHT doesn't get into the brain. Using Creatine and DHT prohormones will stimulate 5ar type 2 (expressed in the skin) but will not fix any 5ar type 1 (expressed in the brain) problems. 5ar type 1 converts progesterone to 5a-Dihydroprogesterone (5a-DHP), which makes Allopregnenolone which then makes DHT downstream. Completely different pathway system than the well known 5ar type 2 pathway that converts testosterone to DHT.

First and foremost, you gotta fix that testosterone deficiency. Insufficient Testosterone yields insufficient DHT and other 5ar2 metabolites. And you cannot run anything to boost DHT until it's at least in the 400-600 total range with mid to lower range SHBG. Otherwise, it doesn't work. Get your LH, FSH, and DHEA checked. I'm willing to bet one or multiple of those are low if your T is that low. If LH or FSH are low, you need Clomid. If LH and FSH are fine but your DHEA is low, you need DHEA. If they're all fine or high, it's your boys not working properly and you need TRT.
Pg/mL*, my b. Thanks for the input.