User Tag List

Thread: 5htp

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5htp

I’ve been on a steady recovery, been on a good path. I saw on cdnuts recommendations l dopa, it never agreed with me tbh. Always gave me a headache and iritability. However I’ve decided to take 5htp to help with some anxiety that’s been overwhelming me a bit.

I decided to take 50mg to start my day, this stuff has made me feel almost pre pfs, I wake up feeling good. It’s made my sex drive increase and sensation, ejaculation better. However I’m curious if this may be detrimental to take in the long run? I recall cdnuts saying it’s pretty safe in another thread but just wanting some opinions.

I’m planning on taking it for a month or two then hopping off it.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It fucks me up hard but I'm pssd, not pfs

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took this pre PFS for PTSD, didn’t notice much to be frank. It was also in Dream N Grow which I used sporadically during recovery for sleep, didn’t seem to hinder me. But it was also a once a week to every two week thing until sleep was not an issue for me anymore and then I pretty much dropped it completely.

From reading on another forum, it appears melatonin and 5-htp stop the conversion of serotonin to melatonin (I think), so it makes sense why it would hurt PSSD people like Barbaar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    I took this pre PFS for PTSD, didn’t notice much to be frank. It was also in Dream N Grow which I used sporadically during recovery for sleep, didn’t seem to hinder me. But it was also a once a week to every two week thing until sleep was not an issue for me anymore and then I pretty much dropped it completely.

From reading on another forum, it appears melatonin and 5-htp stop the conversion of serotonin to melatonin (I think), so it makes sense why it would hurt PSSD people like Barbaar.
    It works well for me but I’m curious if taking it for a prolonged amount of time will have any bad effects?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxLUK View Post
    It works well for me but I’m curious if taking it for a prolonged amount of time will have any bad effects?
    Yes, most stuff has bad effects when you take it regularly for long periods of time.

5-HTP efficacy and contraindications

Over a few months, it will deplete your dopamine and stop helping you feel good, and it will leave you with all the downsides of low dopamine - like depression and inability to feel joy. I also wonder if, long term, it could increase the risk of Parkinson’s Disease.

It may be okay to take here and there for short periods, but personally I wouldn’t rely on it as a regular thing.