User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joes Post Finasteride Theory

Hello all!

Some of you have maybe read my story on here, or other sites such as ph, hs. To be brief, I fell ill with a set of symptoms in June 2016 that have been undiagnosed by all sorts of doctors I have visited. My symptoms mirror those of pfs/pas/pssd. I have never taken any of these drugs but for the last 4 years I have had numb genitals, tight scrotum, complete loss of libido, dry eyes, toxic feeling, brain fog, bad armpit odor, restless legs, and even leak urine.

When I was about 10 years old I visited my doctor in Canada due to a scaly ringworm like rash on my thighs, buttocks, and biceps. It was itchy and just unpleasant to the eye. Sweat, moisture, showers etc would aggravate this rash. My doctor diagnosed the rash as fungal and prescribed by hydrocortisone cream/ointment. I would use this cream on and off through the years but when I turned 19/20 I got even more conscience of this for obvious reasons and was applying it more often. The cream would calm down the rash maybe 50% but it would never cure it and it would always come back.

March 2016: I randomly broke out in hives after eating eggs. I ate 5 eggs for breakfast everyday for the last couple of years with no problem. Something had changed! I stopped eating them for 2-3 months.

Fast forward to June 2016 (21 years old) During this time I was excited, I was working my first job on a construction labor site. I thought I would take this time to better myself, and get in even better shape (I was already in awesome shape from lifting weights) I decided that after my 10 hour work shifts 6x a week I would also do an hour or two of cardio a day. I cut out all packaged food from my diet, and was basically "SURVIVING" of 1500 calories a day of salad, a few eggs, some rice, odd piece of meat and black coffee. Looking back, something went wrong around this time, however I was in such a fog, worried about work I did not even realize it.

Sept 2016: I woke up one morning, sat on the toilet and it hit me. I did not have morning wood! Hell, I haven't had morning wood in months. I desperately tried to get an erection but it was impossible. The skin was numb, scrotum was super tight and it would just not respond. I remember having a panic attack that day at night as well. It was the first time in my life I had experienced anything like this!
    I put it down to low t due to the diet, over training but boy was I wrong. I visited many doctors (endos, neurologists, gastroenterologists) Nobody had no idea what was going on , and said it must all be in my head. From then on I searched the internet and came across PFS. This was me, and I was worried as many had not recovered. I even contacted John Crisler who told me to check my DHT. Indeed it was low 176 (350-850).

February 2019: After basically giving up, and falling deep into depression, I tried lifting weights again, eating more protein, staying lean, taking creatine in a desperate attempt to raise DHT. I thought this was the root of all my problems. Once again I was wrong. I found a doctor on youtube who was talking about the DUTCH test and DHT however for women. Anyways I decided to contact him via instagram and he was kind enough to help me. He told me it sounded like an immune system issue, and believes im suffering from viral infection reactivation. I was soo frustrated that he did not see DHT as my problem and I therfore ignored him.

June 2020: I came across a post on another forum, where a wise man says that Fin caused immune system dysfunction, which caused dormant infection to reactivate. I remembered what the doctor told me on instagram and was in shock to search how many pfs users had issues such as ebv, lyme , and other infections which brings me to....

MY THEORY

After years of research and reading others stories. I now tried linking many different things together. I have found people cured from treating E. Histolytica (parasite) , I have found a recovery from treating chlamydia trachomatis, anti-candida diets, anti virals, and fasting. It is now to my belief that what we are all suffering is from IMMUNE DYSFUNCTION. To be more specific chronic stress, finasteride, loss of a loved one can all cause dormant infections to reactivate. In our case I have been reading more into the immune system and am convinced that we are all suffering from Th2 dominance. When Th2 is dominant , the Th1 arm of the immune system is suppressed. The Th1 side of the immune system deals with INTRACELLULAR pathogens. These can be Lyme, Candida, Yeast, Fungus, Mold, Bacteria such as chlamydia trachomatis and viruses (ebv, cmv, hsv1/2, parvo etc)

Since the doctor told me that it sounds like a viral infection, I even have elevated lymphocytes and low neutrophils. Elevated IgE 790.9 (0-100) is also strongly linked to Th2 Dominance. I decided to watch Dr. Berg videos on Viruses. I found it interesting because the more I watched his videos on things such as viruses. It seems like all the treatments he lays out are all similar to what Cdnuts is preaching.

Fasting (Autophagy) is necessary for clearing out these pathogens and putting them back into remission.

To be continued...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recommended Tests:

-CBC (Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Basophils, Eosinophils, Neutrophils)
    -Liver Enzymes
    -Cholesterol
    -Viral Panel (IgG+IgM) (Ebv, Cmv, Hsv1/2, parvo and more..
    -Urine+Semen Culture (Rule out intracellular bacteria/pathogens)
    -Serum Total IgE (I have not seen as PFS case without elevated IgE. This is strongly linked to Th2 dominance.
    -Secretory IgA (This will show the strength of the mucous barrier for the intestines)
    -Stool test for parasites and pathogens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey10 View Post
    Recommended Tests:

-CBC (Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Basophils, Eosinophils, Neutrophils)
    -Liver Enzymes
    -Cholesterol
    -Viral Panel (IgG+IgM) (Ebv, Cmv, Hsv1/2, parvo and more..
    -Urine+Semen Culture (Rule out intracellular bacteria/pathogens)
    -Serum Total IgE (I have not seen as PFS case without elevated IgE. This is strongly linked to Th2 dominance.
    -Secretory IgA (This will show the strength of the mucous barrier for the intestines)
    -Stool test for parasites and pathogens.
    WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE QUITTING - Powerful Motivational Speech - YouTube

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey10 View Post
    Hello all!

Some of you have maybe read my story on here, or other sites such as ph, hs. To be brief, I fell ill with a set of symptoms in June 2016 that have been undiagnosed by all sorts of doctors I have visited. My symptoms mirror those of pfs/pas/pssd. I have never taken any of these drugs but for the last 4 years I have had numb genitals, tight scrotum, complete loss of libido, dry eyes, toxic feeling, brain fog, bad armpit odor, restless legs, and even leak urine.

When I was about 10 years old I visited my doctor in Canada due to a scaly ringworm like rash on my thighs, buttocks, and biceps. It was itchy and just unpleasant to the eye. Sweat, moisture, showers etc would aggravate this rash. My doctor diagnosed the rash as fungal and prescribed by hydrocortisone cream/ointment. I would use this cream on and off through the years but when I turned 19/20 I got even more conscience of this for obvious reasons and was applying it more often. The cream would calm down the rash maybe 50% but it would never cure it and it would always come back.

March 2016: I randomly broke out in hives after eating eggs. I ate 5 eggs for breakfast everyday for the last couple of years with no problem. Something had changed! I stopped eating them for 2-3 months.

Fast forward to June 2016 (21 years old) During this time I was excited, I was working my first job on a construction labor site. I thought I would take this time to better myself, and get in even better shape (I was already in awesome shape from lifting weights) I decided that after my 10 hour work shifts 6x a week I would also do an hour or two of cardio a day. I cut out all packaged food from my diet, and was basically "SURVIVING" of 1500 calories a day of salad, a few eggs, some rice, odd piece of meat and black coffee. Looking back, something went wrong around this time, however I was in such a fog, worried about work I did not even realize it.

Sept 2016: I woke up one morning, sat on the toilet and it hit me. I did not have morning wood! Hell, I haven't had morning wood in months. I desperately tried to get an erection but it was impossible. The skin was numb, scrotum was super tight and it would just not respond. I remember having a panic attack that day at night as well. It was the first time in my life I had experienced anything like this!
    I put it down to low t due to the diet, over training but boy was I wrong. I visited many doctors (endos, neurologists, gastroenterologists) Nobody had no idea what was going on , and said it must all be in my head. From then on I searched the internet and came across PFS. This was me, and I was worried as many had not recovered. I even contacted John Crisler who told me to check my DHT. Indeed it was low 176 (350-850).

February 2019: After basically giving up, and falling deep into depression, I tried lifting weights again, eating more protein, staying lean, taking creatine in a desperate attempt to raise DHT. I thought this was the root of all my problems. Once again I was wrong. I found a doctor on youtube who was talking about the DUTCH test and DHT however for women. Anyways I decided to contact him via instagram and he was kind enough to help me. He told me it sounded like an immune system issue, and believes im suffering from viral infection reactivation. I was soo frustrated that he did not see DHT as my problem and I therfore ignored him.

June 2020: I came across a post on another forum, where a wise man says that Fin caused immune system dysfunction, which caused dormant infection to reactivate. I remembered what the doctor told me on instagram and was in shock to search how many pfs users had issues such as ebv, lyme , and other infections which brings me to....

MY THEORY

After years of research and reading others stories. I now tried linking many different things together. I have found people cured from treating E. Histolytica (parasite) , I have found a recovery from treating chlamydia trachomatis, anti-candida diets, anti virals, and fasting. It is now to my belief that what we are all suffering is from IMMUNE DYSFUNCTION. To be more specific chronic stress, finasteride, loss of a loved one can all cause dormant infections to reactivate. In our case I have been reading more into the immune system and am convinced that we are all suffering from Th2 dominance. When Th2 is dominant , the Th1 arm of the immune system is suppressed. The Th1 side of the immune system deals with INTRACELLULAR pathogens. These can be Lyme, Candida, Yeast, Fungus, Mold, Bacteria such as chlamydia trachomatis and viruses (ebv, cmv, hsv1/2, parvo etc)

Since the doctor told me that it sounds like a viral infection, I even have elevated lymphocytes and low neutrophils. Elevated IgE 790.9 (0-100) is also strongly linked to Th2 Dominance. I decided to watch Dr. Berg videos on Viruses. I found it interesting because the more I watched his videos on things such as viruses. It seems like all the treatments he lays out are all similar to what Cdnuts is preaching.

Fasting (Autophagy) is necessary for clearing out these pathogens and putting them back into remission.

To be continued...
    I think you may be onto something here. Any new info?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish this were the case but PFS by and large at its core is not parasitic, viral, or bacterial. Trust me, I've had a million and one labs done, many of them you listed. All of them came back normal and negative. The studies done on PFS also don't support these kinds of theories, which are abundant on PH and many of those guys have played so much with pharmaceuticals targeting those assumptive diagnoses with little to no symptomatic relief. Sometimes even making themselves worse.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    I wish this were the case but PFS by and large at its core is not parasitic, viral, or bacterial. Trust me, I've had a million and one labs done, many of them you listed. All of them came back normal and negative. The studies done on PFS also don't support these kinds of theories, which are abundant on PH and many of those guys have played so much with pharmaceuticals targeting those assumptive diagnoses with little to no symptomatic relief. Sometimes even making themselves worse.
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think it's more complicated than we think. Many people have had COVID for instance and felt recovered while "ill" with coronavirus. That suggests something tied to immunity.

Even though I'm fine now, I'm just waiting for the epigenetics paper to be released out of curiosity. Think that will give a major insight as to what it is one way or another. I'll also write my recovery post at that point.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    Think it's more complicated than we think. Many people have had COVID for instance and felt recovered while "ill" with coronavirus. That suggests something tied to immunity.

Even though I'm fine now, I'm just waiting for the epigenetics paper to be released out of curiosity. Think that will give a major insight as to what it is one way or another. I'll also write my recovery post at that point.
    It maybe, but fixing it is not. That's all that matters.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"