Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recipes

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recipes

I know I have posted a handful of recipes here and there over the last couple years, but have received some requests for additional ones. Here are a few to get started.

Spicy beef:

Sautee some finely diced onions and some diced jalapenos in coconut oil. In a separate pan, brown ground beef. Salt to flavor. Drain off excess fat and add to onion & jalapeno mix. Add some coconut aminos and simmer on low. In the beef browning pan, sautee some frozen cauliflower rice. I like to cook real low so it softens without over cooking. Salt to flavor and add some coconut aminos. Serve beef over rice with some freshly chopped basil. Serve with an over easy (still liquid yolk) fried egg on the side. Adding jalapenos (and seeds) later in process will increase the spice. If you don’t do nightshades, you can avoid the jalapenos. A little on the sweeter side, but still very good.

Chicken curry:

Sautee minced onion in coconut oil until soft. Add turmeric and curry powder, stir and cook for another minute or so. Add a can of coconut milk and simmer. In another pan, sautee some minced garlic & ginger in coconut oil. Add chicken thighs and brown. Salt to taste. Add to curried coconut milk and simmer until chicken cooked thoroughly. Add frozen cauliflower florets and simmer until soft. Salt to taste. Serve over fresh spinach leaves with some freshly chopped cilantro.

Chicken parmesan:

Sautee minced garlic in coconut oil. Add chicken thighs and brown. Drain off excess fat. Add frozen cauliflower rice and simmer until soft. Salt to taste. Add tomato sauce. Put rice in baking dish with chicken on top. Add slices of mild goat milk cheddar cheese over chicken thighs and put under broiler until cheese melted. Serve with freshly chopped basil. If you don't do nightshades/goat dairy on this one...it is actually quite good without if you just let the garlic, cauliflower rice & chicken low simmer for quite a while until it caramelizes on the bottom.

Will dump some additional ones in here later if there is interest.
    Never lose your sense of humor

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meatloaf & “cheesy rice”:

Wisk two eggs. Add two pounds ground beef, a chopped onion, ¾ cup almond meal, 3 tsp salt, 1 tsp dry mustard, ¼ cup goat kefir. Mix well with hands and form into a loaf. Put in a glass baking pan and cook at 400 degrees for around an hour.

Sautee some cauliflower rice in coconut oil. Salt to taste. When softish, add some goat kefir and nutritional yeast and mix (you can also add a little shredded mild goat cheddar if you want). Cook on low until warm.

Serve with some coconut oil sautéed zucchini or sautéed/caramelized sliced cabbage or other veggie.
    Never lose your sense of humor

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot! will be adding these in my rotation.

Board Admin Feedback Score 0 delsolrob's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    glad to see some new recipes in here...thanks!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn's Chicken Soup Recipe

Homemade chicken soup: Get a couple pastured whole fryers cut up for soup (use backs too). Put in stock pot and cover with 3-4 quarts filtered water. Add sea salt. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer. Skim off top for first 15-20 minutes. Then add 3-4 thick sliced organic carrots, 3-4 sliced organic celery stalks, a couple sliced & peeled “carrot sized” organic burdock roots (great for detox), an organic chopped onion and 6-8 large minced cloves of organic garlic and continue to simmer for about 20-30 more minutes. Remove chicken pieces from pot and let cool down on plate. Once cool enough to handle, pull meat from the bones and add back to pot. Bring it back to boil and then reduce to simmer for another 40 minutes. Let cool (I usually put the pot in the fridge overnight...will get all gelatiny like a good bone broth) and put in individual glass bowls. Keep a couple of days worth in fridge and freeze the rest. When ready to eat, throw in a pot with some organic cauliflower rice, add sea salt to taste and let cook until soft. I have eaten this for lunch nearly every day since my crash and have never gotten tired of it...it's that good

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just something really simple you can add as a side to any meal you make:

Cook a cauliflower until tender. Mash it in the pot and add a hefty amount of butter. Spice it with salt and pepper and any other spice to experiment (nutmeg works).

Yummy mashed potato replacement. Contains a lot of good stuff like DIM and healthy fats.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Just something really simple you can add as a side to any meal you make:

Cook a cauliflower until tender. Mash it in the pot and add a hefty amount of butter. Spice it with salt and pepper and any other spice to experiment (nutmeg works).

Yummy mashed potato replacement. Contains a lot of good stuff like DIM and healthy fats.
    That's a good one, but you know potatoes are okay to have, right?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite snack - Sardines wrapped in seaweed snacks. Awesome fats and protein content. Filling too.

Easy peasy recipe.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    My favorite snack - Sardines wrapped in seaweed snacks. Awesome fats and protein content. Filling too.

Easy peasy recipe.
    Kipper snacks are almost along the same lines.....love em and they're loaded with essential fatty acids and oils.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured i'd post a quick and healthy Tuna/Chicken salad recipe I stumbled across on Instagram. I've been making it quite a bit lately and its delicious.

Mix a can of wild caught tuna (water drained) with 1-2 servings of Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo. Mix with a few sliced grapes, 1/4th of a chopped apple, crumbled walnuts, and some black pepper. Serve with almond flour or flaxseed crackers or put on sprouted or gluten free bread with tomato, spring mix, and sliced pickles for a sandwich.
    Last edited by DKnighten; 09-02-2021 at 09:32 PM.