Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bison719...I'm new here, just curious if the protocol works for PSSD

Hey Everyone,

I recently discovered this site and have been lurking around for a few weeks now, reading as much as I possibly can about CD's protocol and what to expect. I definitely plan to make a post telling my story more in depth, but I would like to get started on the protocol ASAP. My only issue is that the damage done to me was done by Escitalopram, not Finasteride, and I know this particular site is primarily devoted to those who have used Fin in the past.

Does anyone know if the protocol will work for those whose damage was done by an SSRI?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man, im pssd too and have been on the protocol for almost a year now. It has done more for me than anything else I tried, and would say I'm at around ~75-80% now during upswings. Downswings can still hit pretty hard but are starting to get less intense and shorter too. I could probably have done even better but you know, the whole pandemic thing kinda messed up my exercise routine lol.

In any case, A+ would recommend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barbaar View Post
    Hey man, im pssd too and have been on the protocol for almost a year now. It has done more for me than anything else I tried, and would say I'm at around ~75-80% now during upswings. Downswings can still hit pretty hard but are starting to get less intense and shorter too. I could probably have done even better but you know, the whole pandemic thing kinda messed up my exercise routine lol.

In any case, A+ would recommend
    Hey thanks for the response...How long have you been doing the protocol? Any advice you can give me as far as getting started?

What were your primary/worst symptoms?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison719 View Post
    Hey thanks for the response...How long have you been doing the protocol? Any advice you can give me as far as getting started?

What were your primary/worst symptoms?
    Almost a year now. My advice: just do it, don't fuck around, stick to everything written out as much as possible. And especially at the start, don't add in random things you don't know the effect of. But also, don't beat yourself up if you don't get everything perfect right from the start, just try to improve and keep going.

As far as my symptoms, I basically felt lobotomized, had zero emotions, complete inability to feel (mental or physical) excitement for anything, anhedonia, crazy brain fog and fatigue, and my dick might as well not have been there lol.

Most of those have improved a lot. Expect sexual issues to resolve last. I'm at the point where I don't have to think about pssd every day anymore, so I'm just sticking to the routine until everything is gone and I'll probably keep going after that

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost a year now. My advice: just do it, don't fuck around, stick to everything written out as much as possible. And especially at the start, don't add in random things you don't know the effect of. But also, don't beat yourself up if you don't get everything perfect right from the start, just try to improve and keep going.

As far as my symptoms, I basically felt lobotomized, had zero emotions, complete inability to feel (mental or physical) excitement for anything, anhedonia, crazy brain fog and fatigue, and my dick might as well not have been there lol.

Most of those have improved a lot. Expect sexual issues to resolve last. I'm at the point where I don't have to think about pssd every day anymore, so I'm just sticking to the routine until everything is gone and I'll probably keep going after that
    I’m really happy for you bro. How’d you even come across this forum? Being pssd I am intrigued you even found this place, it’s easy for pfs guys obviously. But man, it’s glad to see you’re doing better. I just want everyone here to feel better, it improves my mental health just knowing guys here are healing. I love to see it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I’m really happy for you bro. How’d you even come across this forum? Being pssd I am intrigued you even found this place, it’s easy for pfs guys obviously. But man, it’s glad to see you’re doing better. I just want everyone here to feel better, it improves my mental health just knowing guys here are healing. I love to see it.
    I used to hang out at the neighbors over on HS, CD has a section there too. Sadly lets just say the signal to noise ratio there kind of took a nosedive a while ago and I decided to just focus on the protocol and check in here every once in a while. Love to see it too man let's hope we're in the next batch to post in the recovery section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can completely relate to all the symptoms you listed, that's pretty much where I am at right now, feeling lobomotized. I'm able to function and get by, but the depersonalization and brain fog is bad. Dick is bad too, definitely not serving much of a purpose right now. Wouldn't mind getting that back at some point.

Very glad to hear that you've improved, I need to hear that right now haha. Have any of your sexual issues resolved yet? What were your first few steps to getting started?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can completely relate to all the symptoms you listed, that's pretty much where I am at right now, feeling lobomotized. I'm able to function and get by, but the depersonalization and brain fog is bad. Dick is bad too, definitely not serving much of a purpose right now. Wouldn't mind getting that back at some point.

Very glad to hear that you've improved, I need to hear that right now haha. Have any of your sexual issues resolved yet? What were your first few steps to getting started?
    Start off with a fast bro go for 7 days my mental sides were great post fast I barely get them now although sometimes i get brain fog but it helped me a ton with my gut. I'ts great for a starting point in recovery.
    And my dicks slowly gotten better over time even when I wasn't on the protocol and was fucking around smoking weed all day. I'ts nowhere near where I want it to be but it's on the way.
    Also I'd read the posts from a few vets just sort by replies and search through for good information it's definitely all here bro.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During upswings sexual issues are significantly less bad, but still there. It's gonna take a while to heal from them I guess, but that's ok. I'm actually in a pretty annoying downswing right now, but that's par for the course too. Just gotta keep going.

I started with a 7 day juice feast, and just went from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During upswings sexual issues are significantly less bad, but still there. It's gonna take a while to heal from them I guess, but that's ok. I'm actually in a pretty annoying downswing right now, but that's par for the course too. Just gotta keep going.

I started with a 7 day juice feast, and just went from there.
    That's good to hear that your sexual issues aren't as bad anymore during the upswings, would definitely seem to indicate that you're on the right path. Hopefully they only continue to get better little by little.

And yeah, I plan to at least do a 7 day juice feast, but have been considering trying the water fast instead, as it seems to be the preferred way to go based on what I've read here. It's just tricky because I would have to do it on my own because of the demands of life---meaning my business and family life. I was considering maybe doing like...5 days of water fast and then roll that into juice feast for as long as I can go, but I don't know if that's making things too messy/confusing?