User Tag List

Thread: Pre workout

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre workout

Was going to order some transparent labs “bulk” pre workout, and wanted to know if anyone saw a problem with taking a substance like this? They also have a stim free but personally I don’t think caffeine has had any negative effects on me.

Was also thinking about cycling creatine but I think I’m gonna stay off it for now. Thoughts on creatine and mostly the preworkout?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @CD or someone who knows better than me. Could you please take a look at the ingredient list for the “bulk” pre workout and let me know what you think

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say yes to creatine, the one I use and that CD reccommends is Concret Hcl by promera.

I'd say no to all pre workouts, long term those things destroy your adrenals whether you think you're caffeine sensitive or not, there's way too much in them. If you need a pre workout boost just stick with a cup of coffee

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 alphacfi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    I'd say yes to creatine, the one I use and that CD reccommends is Concret Hcl by promera.

I'd say no to all pre workouts, long term those things destroy your adrenals whether you think you're caffeine sensitive or not, there's way too much in them. If you need a pre workout boost just stick with a cup of coffee
    Benq how are you feeling these days man? I see you've been at it for almost 4 years now so just curious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alphacfi View Post
    Benq how are you feeling these days man? I see you've been at it for almost 4 years now so just curious
    I've only been on the full protocol for just over a year, lots of messing around at first, so still have some issues but better than I was.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creatine, from a reputable brand, is a significant positive in my opinion. It’ll help you lift a little more, so there’s no reason not to use it if you can afford it. And creatine is pretty cheap. I personally use German Creatine because it’s made in Germany, and I’m trusting them not to be spiking it with testosterone powders or anything else that shouldn’t be there.

As for preworkout supplements, here’s my take on them. I don’t feel energized when I walk into the gym, but after my warmup set, listening to some music, I’m in the zone and I’m ready to go. Maybe I would be able to lift more if I took pre-workout, but I’m extremely sensitive to stimulants - if I have 1 cup of coffee at 1 PM, I won’t be able to fall asleep until 3 AM. Other people could pound pre-workout, do a 90 minute workout, go home, and fall asleep - that’s so different than me that I can barely wrap my mind around it. So everyone is different, and maybe you’d be able to sleep normally after taking preworkout powder.

I’m not saying BCAAs, preworkouts, or protein powder are bad or they shouldn’t be taken. But personally I would always try the non-powder alternatives first. If you can eat more meals of high quality real food, you may be able to hit your macros without protein powders. And if you sleep enough and maybe have coffee and listen to music, maybe you don’t need the preworkout powder. But, if you try that and you do need the powder, cool, that’s what it’s there for.

I have a friend who eats Soylent powder every day, as his only meal, and I know people who get most of their calories from whey protein shakes, need preworkout to wake up in the morning, drink BCAAs all day long because they think their muscles are going to disappear overnight if they don’t, and they take more preworkout before they work out. I would just try to avoid becoming Powder Man. The powders on the protocol are things that have been safely used for hundreds or even over a thousand years, but this other stuff is made in a lab and I’d be worried about the downsides of taking all these manmade powders all the time.

If you do take the preworkout powder because coffee doesn’t work for you, you should cycle off of it when it starts becoming less effective. Take a few weeks off and then go back on if you still need it. You don’t want to be constantly upping the dose until you’re taking 4 times the normal dose, going through a $30 tub of preworkout every week. It’s not as big of a problem with coffee, because it’s just coffee. If you become that guy who needs 4 cups of coffee in the morning, it’s still very cheap and it’s not unhealthy.
    Last edited by LetsGo; 09-28-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    Creatine, from a reputable brand, is a significant positive in my opinion. It’ll help you lift a little more, so there’s no reason not to use it if you can afford it. And creatine is pretty cheap. I personally use German Creatine because it’s made in Germany, and I’m trusting them not to be spiking it with testosterone powders or anything else that shouldn’t be there.

As for preworkout supplements, here’s my take on them. I don’t feel energized when I walk into the gym, but after my warmup set, listening to some music, I’m in the zone and I’m ready to go. Maybe I would be able to lift more if I took pre-workout, but I’m extremely sensitive to stimulants - if I have 1 cup of coffee at 1 PM, I won’t be able to fall asleep until 3 AM. Other people could pound pre-workout, do a 90 minute workout, go home, and fall asleep - that’s so different than me that I can barely wrap my mind around it. So everyone is different, and maybe you’d be able to sleep normally after taking preworkout powder.

I’m not saying BCAAs, preworkouts, or protein powder are bad or they shouldn’t be taken. But personally I would always try the non-powder alternatives first. If you can eat more meals of high quality real food, you may be able to hit your macros without protein powders. And if you sleep enough and maybe have coffee and listen to music, maybe you don’t need the preworkout powder. But, if you try that and you do need the powder, cool, that’s what it’s there for.

I have a friend who eats Soylent powder every day, as his only meal, and I know people who get most of their calories from whey protein shakes, need preworkout to wake up in the morning, drink BCAAs all day long because they think their muscles are going to disappear overnight if they don’t, and they take more preworkout before they work out. I would just try to avoid becoming Powder Man. The powders on the protocol are things that have been safely used for hundreds or even over a thousand years, but this other stuff is made in a lab and I’d be worried about the downsides of taking all these manmade powders all the time.

If you do take the preworkout powder because coffee doesn’t work for you, you should cycle off of it when it starts becoming less effective. Take a few weeks off and then go back on if you still need it. You don’t want to be constantly upping the dose until you’re taking 4 times the normal dose, going through a $30 tub of preworkout every week. It’s not as big of a problem with coffee, because it’s just coffee. If you become that guy who needs 4 cups of coffee in the morning, it’s still very cheap and it’s not unhealthy.
    Solid advice here.^^^^^

I'm the same way with stims. I really shouldn't have any caffeine after 2pm if I want some decent sleep that night. And we all know those guys who seem to take more pills and powders then actual food......not good. Those things are called supplements for a reason. They are meant to supplement your current diet, not replace it.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 10-06-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"