User Tag List

Thread: Need Advice

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Advice

Having a major downswing. I'm almost 4 years in and have been doing pretty well. I think kratom caused my crash as I was taking for pain. I haven't had a downswing like this since my initial crash. Major problem is crushing anxiety/depression/hopelessness, no appetite (I've lost 20lbs over the last month) I don't think it's helping we just moved from CA to AZ, leaving our old life behind. Did a week long juice feast to get clean. Gonna switch back to yoga for awhile until I can put some weight back on. Any advice on when to go from here would be appreciated?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I feel like I've taken speed. Any idea what that could be i.e. what hormone is doing that?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jado View Post
    Also, I feel like I've taken speed. Any idea what that could be i.e. what hormone is doing that?
    Its not a hormone. It's more likely your neurosteroid profile. They agonise the GABA receptors in the brain to produce more GABA which calms you.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jado View Post
    This could be high Cortisol. It is your stress hormone and can definitely feel that way, and i believe it spikes in these "crash" situations. mine did and i had tests to prove it. Look into ways of reducing cortisol gently and see if that helps.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wez View Post
    This could be high Cortisol. It is your stress hormone and can definitely feel that way, and i believe it spikes in these "crash" situations. mine did and i had tests to prove it. Look into ways of reducing cortisol gently and see if that helps.
    What was your cortisol like, if you can find the test results. Can you also show the range. Thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    What was your cortisol like, if you can find the test results. Can you also show the range. Thank you.
    I haven't kept the test results Im afraid, its going back a good few years now. I had a couple of adrenal Saliva tests which showed dysregulation of my cortisol which was particularly high, especially in the evening. I do believe the adrenals are very much affected by the PFS condition and attribute to a lot of the symptoms experienced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't kept the test results Im afraid, its going back a good few years now. I had a couple of adrenal Saliva tests which showed dysregulation of my cortisol which was particularly high, especially in the evening. I do believe the adrenals are very much affected by the PFS condition and attribute to a lot of the symptoms experienced.
    Aren’t you pretty darn close to the finish line, Wez? I remember you saying you felt 100% on UH minus the gum issues.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    Its not a hormone. It's more likely your neurosteroid profile. They agonise the GABA receptors in the brain to produce more GABA which calms you.
    This makes sense, for sure. Also, having my cortisol checked. I've been using prayer/meditation, walks, glycine, l-theanine, ziziphus, gaba, albizia, lemon balm, passionflower, all with very little success. Anything you've found in addition to these that seems to work well?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the reply. Juat saw the doc today to get my cortisol, among other labs, checked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Aren’t you pretty darn close to the finish line, Wez? I remember you saying you felt 100% on UH minus the gum issues.
    I did indeed feel 100% on the UH but had to stop because of the gum issues. I have not been able to take it again for more than 1 day without it causing the same problem so i haven't been able to cycle. I haven't felt 100% since taking it, but generally am doing a lot better, my baseline is around 75% id say.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lab Results
    Figured I'd repost this here since this thread had a little action, and keep the threads to a minimum. Need help interpreting my latest labs. In a major downswing right now, and just had a few more labs drawn e.g. cortisol and progesterone - will post when results come in.

Total T = 725ng
    T Bioavailable = 130.8ng
    T Free = 59.8pg
    SHBG = 60nmol/L
    E = 21pg/mL
    FSH = 6.4mIU/mL
    LH = 9.2mIU/mL
    Prolactin = 13.0ng

Like I said in a major downswing currently, and any insight is greatly appreciated. I don't post a ton because I just want to get over this, but we all need help sometimes. Thinking of trying PH's again, especially after reading Tubzy's post on Androsterone, and its effect on GABA. Based on my E should I be stacking with R-Andro and 4-Andro, or...what PH's should I do once I'm out of this downswing, don't want to bottom my E. Thanks in advance you guys. This place is invaluable.