SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Road to Recovery from 3 doses

Hey guys,

I go by nevergiveup on PH and this is my story:

As stated in the subject, I took finasteride for only three days when I was 22 years old. I was completely healthy before taking it. The first time I took this poison was on Jan. 18 and 20 and then I stopped after noticing low semen ejaculation. That is the only side effect I faced. Then, I took another tablet on Feb. 15. After about one month and a half month (around March 30), I faced what people in this forum call post-finasteride crash where I faced insomnia, penis shrinkage, gut inflammation, and ED to a certain degree along with terrible mental side effects.

For the past 4 years, I was extremely stressed with grad school and was not taking care of my health in terms of following the paleo lifestyle and exercising.

I finished with grad school a couple of months ago and did strict carnivore diet for a month to resolve the gut inflammation (check out meatheals). My thought process was that to tackle gut first, then sexual and mental. However, even though a lot of people have benefited from carnivore diet, it backfired on me and made my mental issues even more worse. I started having extreme suicidal thoughts. I don’t know if it was because I was adjusting to it or what but I suspect the carnivore diet helps people with autoimmune disorder and our problem isn’t autoimmune.

A couple of years ago, I discovered the CDnuts protocol but I never committed to the protocol 100% because of my grad school and because frankly I didn’t wanna think or do anything about my problems until I graduate. Grad school was stressful enough for me. I thought time would make me better but it has only made me worse.

I have decided to fully commit to the protocol mentioned above since I have nothing else to lose and I am not gonna throw away my life which I worked so hard to build because of three pills. I am going to recover.

Where are you from (country)?

USA

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

Google

What is your current age, height, weight?

27, 5’ 10’’ and 200lbs

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?

Finasteride

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?

1.00mg

What condition was being treated with the drug?

Hair loss

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?

Three days

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug?

22 years old and Jan. 18, 2016

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?

22 years old and Feb. 15, 2016

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?

Cold turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?

2 months

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list. [at the time of the crash on March 30, 2016)

Sexual
    Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
    Erectile Dysfunction
    Complete Impotence
    Loss of Morning Erections
    Loss of Spontaneous Erections
    Loss of Nocturnal Erections
    Watery Ejaculate
    Reduced Ejaculate
    Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
    Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
    Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
    Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
    Confusion
    Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
    Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
    Slurring of Speech
    Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
    Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
    Severe Depression / Melancholy
    Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
    Penile Tissue Changes
    Penis curvature / rotation on axis
    Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
    Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
    Weight Gain
    Gynecomastia (male breasts)
    Muscle Wastage
    Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
    Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
    Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
    Insomnia

Now I would like to update my list of symptoms as of now.

Sexual
    Loss of Libido / Sex Drive (recovering)
    Erectile Dysfunction (recovering)
    Complete Impotence (recovered)
    Loss of Morning Erections (recovered)
    Loss of Spontaneous Erections (recovering)
    Loss of Nocturnal Erections (recovering)
    Watery Ejaculate (recovering)
    Reduced Ejaculate (recovering)
    Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm (recovering)
    Reduced Sperm Count / Motility (recovering)

Mental
    Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat (recovering)
    Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating (recovering)
    Confusion (recovering)
    Memory Loss / Forgetfulness (recovering)
    Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought (recovering)
    Slurring of Speech (recovering)
    Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency (recovering)
    Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks (recovering)
    Severe Depression / Melancholy (recovering)
    Suicidal Thoughts (recovering)

Physical
    Penile Tissue Changes (recovering)
    Penis curvature / rotation on axis (recovering)
    Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness (recovering)
    Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease (recovering)
    Weight Gain (recovering)
    Gynecomastia (male breasts) (recovering)
    Muscle Wastage (recovering)
    Dry / Dark Circles under eyes (recovering)

Misc
    Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion (recovering)
    Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems (recovering)
    Insomnia (recovered)

So far in the month of October, I have made progress and that has given me hope to keep going and to not give up. I have realized a few things that I would like to share.

I spoke to two people over the phone who have made complete recovery from pfs and both guys were genuine people and they gave me encouragement that recovery is 100% possible. One of the guys told me that one thing that stuck with me very strongly which was if you put your body in the best optimal state for enough time it will reach homeostasis.

I have realized that the only way to recover from pfs is putting in the work and being 100% strict with the protocol. There is no other way. I have been suffering from pfs for 4.5 years now and my side effects were the same so its not just a matter of time. I have to put in work every single day until I recover. Just putting in the work for two weeks in October, I can already see how much progress I have made. I just have to keep going and being consistent.

Going to the gym for the last two weeks, my strength has increased and I have made some modifications to my workout routine:

4x8, 2:00 break, last one till FAILURE!

Cue - Right after work

Routine - Weightlifting

Reward - Fruits

Chest/Triceps:
    Bench Press - 150
    Rope Tricep Extension - 40
    Incline Bench Press - 110
    Dips - (-)55
    Overhead Tricep - 50
    Push-Ups - 7

Back/Biceps:
    Seated Bicep Curl - 55
    Lat Pulldown - 105
    Low Row - 125
    Pull Ups - (-)55
    Back Extension - 150
    HIIT - 5 sets, 30sec @ 7mph

Legs:
    Squats - 90
    Seated Leg Press - 230
    Leg Extension - 150
    Leg Curl - 110
    Hack Squat - 90
    Calf Raise - 45

Shoulders/Biceps:
    Shoulder Press - 45
    Lateral/Front Raise - 15/35
    Hammer Curls - 30
    Bicep Curl - 25
    HIIT - 5 sets @ 7mph, 30 seconds
    Finish with cold shower.

Repeat!

In terms for diet, I have also made some modifications.

I skip breakfast and drink a paleo smoothie for lunch. These are the ingredients I use for the smoothie:

Nut and Seeds Butter
    Cocoa Powder
    Canned Coconut Milk
    Frozen Avocado
    Frozen Berries
    Egg White Protein Powder
    Collagen Powder
    Bone Broth
    Pecan Butter
    Banana

I have been drinking this smoothie for ten days and its working well for me in terms of filling me up and keeping my carbs low during the day so I can carb backload at nighttime after my workout.

After workout, I eat fruits (banana, oranges, grapes etc.) and a protein rich meal. I have realized for me natural sweeteners such as stevia and monk fruit causes bloating so I don’t take that anymore with coffee. Instead, I use honey.

I have also jumped on board with no fap and I feel like that has been helping me in terms of improving my libido and mental acuity.

Also, I have placed an order for herbs and I will be taking them as soon as they arrive.

Lastly, I plan to do a 12 day water fast in December. I have done a 7 day water fast before and that helped me tremendously but didn't not follow the protocol afterwards.

I will keep you guys updated about my progress at the end of November. Wish me luck!
    Last edited by Aly; 10-31-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    Hey guys,

I go by nevergiveup on PH and this is my story:

As stated in the subject, I took finasteride for only three days when I was 22 years old. I was completely healthy before taking it. The first time I took this poison was on Jan. 18 and 20 and then I stopped after noticing low semen ejaculation. That is the only side effect I faced. Then, I took another tablet on Feb. 15. After about one month and a half month (around March 30), I faced what people in this forum call post-finasteride crash where I faced insomnia, penis shrinkage, gut inflammation, and ED to a certain degree along with terrible mental side effects.

For the past 4 years, I was extremely stressed with grad school and was not taking care of my health in terms of following the paleo lifestyle and exercising.

I finished with grad school a couple of months ago and did strict carnivore diet for a month to resolve the gut inflammation (check out meatheals). My thought process was that to tackle gut first, then sexual and mental. However, even though a lot of people have benefited from carnivore diet, it backfired on me and made my mental issues even more worse. I started having extreme suicidal thoughts. I don’t know if it was because I was adjusting to it or what but I suspect the carnivore diet helps people with autoimmune disorder and our problem isn’t autoimmune.

A couple of years ago, I discovered the CDnuts protocol but I never committed to the protocol 100% because of my grad school and because frankly I didn’t wanna think or do anything about my problems until I graduate. Grad school was stressful enough for me. I thought time would make me better but it has only made me worse.

I have decided to fully commit to the protocol mentioned above since I have nothing else to lose and I am not gonna throw away my life which I worked so hard to build because of three pills. I am going to recover.

Where are you from (country)?

USA

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

Google

What is your current age, height, weight?

27, 5’ 10’’ and 200lbs

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?

Finasteride

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?

1.00mg

What condition was being treated with the drug?

Hair loss

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?

Three days

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug?

22 years old and Jan. 18, 2016

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?

22 years old and Feb. 15, 2016

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?

Cold turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?

2 months

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list. [at the time of the crash on March 30, 2016)

Sexual
    Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
    Erectile Dysfunction
    Complete Impotence
    Loss of Morning Erections
    Loss of Spontaneous Erections
    Loss of Nocturnal Erections
    Watery Ejaculate
    Reduced Ejaculate
    Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
    Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
    Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
    Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
    Confusion
    Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
    Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
    Slurring of Speech
    Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
    Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
    Severe Depression / Melancholy
    Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
    Penile Tissue Changes
    Penis curvature / rotation on axis
    Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
    Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
    Weight Gain
    Gynecomastia (male breasts)
    Muscle Wastage
    Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
    Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
    Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
    Insomnia

Now I would like to update my list of symptoms as of now.

Sexual
    Loss of Libido / Sex Drive (recovering)
    Erectile Dysfunction (recovering)
    Complete Impotence (recovered)
    Loss of Morning Erections (recovered)
    Loss of Spontaneous Erections (recovering)
    Loss of Nocturnal Erections (recovering)
    Watery Ejaculate (recovering)
    Reduced Ejaculate (recovering)
    Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm (recovering)
    Reduced Sperm Count / Motility (recovering)

Mental
    Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat (recovering)
    Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating (recovering)
    Confusion (recovering)
    Memory Loss / Forgetfulness (recovering)
    Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought (recovering)
    Slurring of Speech (recovering)
    Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency (recovering)
    Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks (recovering)
    Severe Depression / Melancholy (recovering)
    Suicidal Thoughts (recovering)

Physical
    Penile Tissue Changes (recovering)
    Penis curvature / rotation on axis (recovering)
    Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness (recovering)
    Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease (recovering)
    Weight Gain (recovering)
    Gynecomastia (male breasts) (recovering)
    Muscle Wastage (recovering)
    Dry / Dark Circles under eyes (recovering)

Misc
    Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion (recovering)
    Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems (recovering)
    Insomnia (recovered)

So far in the month of October, I have made progress and that has given me hope to keep going and to not give up. I have realized a few things that I would like to share.

I spoke to two people over the phone who have made complete recovery from pfs and both guys were genuine people and they gave me encouragement that recovery is 100% possible. One of the guys told me that one thing that stuck with me very strongly which was if you put your body in the best optimal state for enough time it will reach homeostasis.

I have realized that the only way to recover from pfs is putting in the work and being 100% strict with the protocol. There is no other way. I have been suffering from pfs for 4.5 years now and my side effects were the same so its not just a matter of time. I have to put in work every single day until I recover. Just putting in the work for two weeks in October, I can already see how much progress I have made. I just have to keep going and being consistent.

Going to the gym for the last two weeks, my strength has increased and I have made some modifications to my workout routine:

4x8, 2:00 break, last one till FAILURE!

Cue - Right after work

Routine - Weightlifting

Reward - Fruits

Chest/Triceps:
    Bench Press - 150
    Rope Tricep Extension - 40
    Incline Bench Press - 110
    Dips - (-)55
    Overhead Tricep - 50
    Push-Ups - 7

Back/Biceps:
    Seated Bicep Curl - 55
    Lat Pulldown - 105
    Low Row - 125
    Pull Ups - (-)55
    Back Extension - 150
    HIIT - 5 sets, 30sec @ 7mph

Legs:
    Squats - 90
    Seated Leg Press - 230
    Leg Extension - 150
    Leg Curl - 110
    Hack Squat - 90
    Calf Raise - 45

Shoulders/Biceps:
    Shoulder Press - 45
    Lateral/Front Raise - 15/35
    Hammer Curls - 30
    Bicep Curl - 25
    HIIT - 5 sets @ 7mph, 30 seconds
    Finish with cold shower.

Repeat!

In terms for diet, I have also made some modifications.

I skip breakfast and drink a paleo smoothie for lunch. These are the ingredients I use for the smoothie:

Nut and Seeds Butter
    Cocoa Powder
    Canned Coconut Milk
    Frozen Avocado
    Frozen Berries
    Egg White Protein Powder
    Collagen Powder
    Bone Broth
    Pecan Butter
    Banana

I have been drinking this smoothie for ten days and its working well for me in terms of filling me up and keeping my carbs low during the day so I can carb backload at nighttime after my workout.

After workout, I eat fruits (banana, oranges, grapes etc.) and a protein rich meal. I have realized for me natural sweeteners such as stevia and monk fruit causes bloating so I don’t take that anymore with coffee. Instead, I use honey.

I have also jumped on board with no fap and I feel like that has been helping me in terms of improving my libido and mental acuity.

Also, I have placed an order for herbs and I will be taking them as soon as they arrive.

Lastly, I plan to do a 12 day water fast in December. I have done a 7 day water fast before and that helped me tremendously but didn't not follow the protocol afterwards.

I will keep you guys updated about my progress at the end of November. Wish me luck!
    Welcome!
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

I have some good news and I would like to make an update.

I have been following the four pillars of TMO protocol which include exercise, diet, supplementation and avoidance of xenoestrogens and since last time I posted, I have made a significant progress.

In particular, I have noticed an increase in penile sensitivity, no more penile curvature or rotation on axis, decreased bloating, increased sweating and smell from armpits, an improvement in orgasm, decreased anxiety, no more suicidal thoughts, and decreased brain fog and confusion.

For me, as soon as I felt like my bloating and gut inflammation was decreasing, I started noticing improvement in the sexual and mental department. The smoothie I was drinking was still making me bloated (maybe because of guar gum in coconut milk) so I had to get super strict with my diet and figure out exactly what is causing gut inflammation for me.

What I did for five days was to just eat high water fruits (watermelon, honeydew, strawberry, cantalope, pineapple) because I know these fruits do not cause me bloating. Then, after five days, I added other fruits and eat those for a couple of days. Then vegetables (except for night shades) and ate all that for a couple of days. Then beef. Then paleo almond butter. Then finally eggs. A couple of days ago, I added a couple slices of pepperjack cheese to my beef patty and my bloating came back so I figured out that dairy is a no no for me at this point.

So my diet right now is pretty much strictly paleo and I am doing well and slowly making progress.

In terms of the supplement, I am cycling thru these eight right now, one a day:

Black Maca
    Rhodiola
    Tribulus
    Pine Pollen
    Catuaba Bark
    Ashwaganda
    Tongkat Ali
    Royal Jelly
    I chose the above eight because I was able to get them in pill form instead of powder form and they are easy to take.

I am exercising everyday and using chemical free products such as toothpaste, laundry detergent etc.

I have definitely realized that to improve you gotta put in the work. Time alone will not heal me.

I will keep you guys updated as I make more progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

More good news, guys. TMO protocol is working for me. My mood has improved, bloating has decreased even more and best of all, my ejaculate quantity and force of ejaculate has improved. I can’t wait to see results after my 12 day water fast in December.

So far, I am eating this everyday:

4 Brown eggs made with Guac for Breakfast

Chicken Salad Bowl for Lunch

Beef patty for Dinner

I am using coconut oil to cook. I am have taken out fruits from my diet and trying to follow a low-carb paleo diet so I don’t get a high insulin response and no cravings as a result so following the paleo diet becomes easier and I can eat the same food everyday.

I’ll keep you guys updated as I continue my journey
    Last edited by Aly; 11-21-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and in just two weeks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, in just two weeks. CD is right. Once you start making progress, the results are exponential not linear.

I would like to make another update.

Something amazing happened this morning. Last night I was craving pizza (my fav food) so I went to target and bought the Banza Chickpea GF flour frozen pizza. I ate that and thought I would wake up with bloating in the morning from dairy and chickpea flour. But, I didn’t. My mood has never been better, my brain fog has gone down, anxiety has been reduced and my best of all, my mood has never been better. I am making good progress and I have full belief that the protocol will not only cure me but will make me an Alpha as CD says it. I have a long journey ahead but man the progress so far has given me a lot of hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a JRE interview that gave me a lot of hope when I watched it about a month or so ago:

Joe Rogan Experience #1056 - Dr. Mark Gordon Andrew Marr - YouTube

In the interview Andrew Marr had a crash from TBI with the EXACT same symptoms as us, mentally and hormonally. He was in deep depression, hopeless, confused, and suicidal just like us but completely recovered but eating primal/clean, fixing his endocrine system with the help of Dr. Mark Gordon, weight lifting and being consistent - what Dr. Mark Gordon calls the anti-inflammatory protocol.

Another thing Dr. Gordon mentions is that testosterone has a secondary function in our body which is to reduce inflammation. Since we are low in testosterone, we get hammered more so than other people from eating any inflammatory foods. That is why eating an anti-inflammatory diet is so important.

“Reducing inflammation is the key” - Dr. Mark Gordon

I think everyone should watch this interview.
    Last edited by Aly; 11-23-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So....when are you going to attempt the water fast?

Congrats on your very quick improvements.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"