Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    Update:

Over the last 10 days or so, I have felt much better. The only issue I now have is some minor brain fog, but despite this I can still think well, I can retain knowledge and information and I have a train of thought.

I have a theory for my remaining brain fog and it is this. During this journey, in order to test my erection quality, I decided to masturbate everyday (sometimes 2 or 3 times). Prior to all this mess, masturbation would give me brain fog. For this reason, I reckon that the stopping of masturbation will be what I need to move on from all of this.

Finally, what I have learnt is that moving away from this forum, despite the positivity, has been immensely beneficial for this progression. I no longer think of saw palmetto anymore (probably the most essential part of this journey) and the more I move on from all this, the better I feel it will be.

Of course, if for whatever reason my condition spirals back out of control again I'll be back on this thread, but if not, I'll post on the recovery section in a month or so.

Wish you all well.

MY
    Waaay too much spanking it man. That's another thing you should stop doing. Stop "testing" yourself. It only adds to the anxiety of things. If you keep doing what you need to be doing, you will be posting in the recovery section in no time.

Congrats on your progress so far.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had blood tests come back. My testosterone has risen substantially to 21.7 nmol/L from 15 nmol/L, putting me well above the average levels (healthy range is between 10-30). Rest of the panel was fine, other than cortisol and prolactin (both are high when an individual is stressed) which were both above the healthy ranges.

This has actually been quite pleasing as it could confirm that stress is the primary driver in my issue. I have always been an extremely stressed out and anxious person e.g. I would feel that I had completely failed when writing papers which had actually scored top marks.

What I will do to see whether this residual brain fog is just self-inflicted stress is order a neurotransmitter test. If that comes back fine I'll be able to convince myself that I really am fine.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just had blood tests come back. My testosterone has risen substantially to 21.7 nmol/L from 15 nmol/L, putting me well above the average levels (healthy range is between 10-30). Rest of the panel was fine, other than cortisol and prolactin (both are high when an individual is stressed) which were both above the healthy ranges.

This has actually been quite pleasing as it could confirm that stress is the primary driver in my issue. I have always been an extremely stressed out and anxious person e.g. I would feel that I had completely failed when writing papers which had actually scored top marks.

What I will do to see whether this residual brain fog is just self-inflicted stress is order a neurotransmitter test. If that comes back fine I'll be able to convince myself that I really am fine.
    Brain fog is simply a side effect of pfs. You can do the neurotransmitter test, but what's the point? You're not going to spot fix certain things. It doesn't work like that. When you give the body everything it needs (protocol) it will eventually come back to homeostasis and everything will fix itself. You can't force these things. You just have to keep doing the right thing and it will all eventually come together.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so time for another post. So for the past few weeks, I've been feeling good. I don't really have brain fog anymore (no more than the average person would) and this has been replaced with headaches, which could easily be attributed a bit to the stress I had been going through. I have also felt that I have a lot more energy than before, although I haven't focused too much on that, since everyone (healthy or not healthy) will be prone to feeling tired at various times in the week.

What has come as quite a relief to me however, is the fact that a lot of my blood tests suggest that there isn't major dysregulation with my androgen receptors. The reason why it is often the case that hormone panels of PFS individuals show low Vit. D, low HDL, low FSH & LH, as well as high Triglycerides is because of issues with the androgen receptors. My results seem to show the opposite however.

Certainly now, I feel that my issues are stress related (i.e. overthinking due to lockdown boredom, coming up with ridiculous theories about my condition etc.) and I have booked myself in for CBT to address these issues. I suppose the best way to describe it, is that at present I feel the same way I felt when I had a heavy workload that needed to be finished. CBT will be greatly beneficial, I believe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On another note, I've been banned from propeciahelp for some absolute bullshit. The admin has basically completely warped what I said, and was acting paranoid the entire time in the message.

Tempted to message him back re: what I think of him...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On another note, I've been banned from propeciahelp for some absolute bullshit. The admin has basically completely warped what I said, and was acting paranoid the entire time in the message.

Tempted to message him back re: what I think of him...
    Why are you still bothering to even go there?

Save your mental energy for nothing but your recovery and positive thoughts.

Not gonna get either of them there.

And in regards to giving him a piece of your mind......as someone who's been online in this environment for almost a decade...it's not worth your time man. Who gives a shit what he thinks. Your best revenge is to just stay away, recover, and never look back. Live a life he wishes he could. Guaranteed he'll probably still be there, suffering, waiting for a magical cure that's never going to come.

That is the highest road you could take my friend.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 04-07-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take the ban as a W and don’t go there again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Why are you still bothering to even go there?

Save your mental energy for nothing but your recovery and positive thoughts.

Not gonna get either of them there.

And in regards to giving him a piece of your mind......as someone who's been online in this environment for almost a decade...it's not worth your time man. Who gives a shit what he thinks. Your best revenge is to just stay away, recover, and never look back. Live a life he wishes he could. Guaranteed he'll probably still be there, suffering, waiting for a magical cure that's never going to come.

That is the highest road you could take my friend.
    You're right, I'll check back into propeciahelp in 5 years time and see what's going on. They'll probably be waiting for the same damned study then lmao.

I feel a little sorry for them tbh, the doctors who are responsible for the studies hardly respect them, I feel. Hardly surprising considering a lot of the goons on that forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Take the ban as a W and don’t go there again.
    We only take dubs on this thread, my man

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so time for another post. So for the past few weeks, I've been feeling good. I don't really have brain fog anymore (no more than the average person would) and this has been replaced with headaches, which could easily be attributed a bit to the stress I had been going through. I have also felt that I have a lot more energy than before, although I haven't focused too much on that, since everyone (healthy or not healthy) will be prone to feeling tired at various times in the week.

What has come as quite a relief to me however, is the fact that a lot of my blood tests suggest that there isn't major dysregulation with my androgen receptors. The reason why it is often the case that hormone panels of PFS individuals show low Vit. D, low HDL, low FSH & LH, as well as high Triglycerides is because of issues with the androgen receptors. My results seem to show the opposite however.

Certainly now, I feel that my issues are stress related (i.e. overthinking due to lockdown boredom, coming up with ridiculous theories about my condition etc.) and I have booked myself in for CBT to address these issues. I suppose the best way to describe it, is that at present I feel the same way I felt when I had a heavy workload that needed to be finished. CBT will be greatly beneficial, I believe.
    I'm curious how you know this. Why are good numbers here synonymous with functioning androgen receptors?
    Congrats on your quick recover. Keep at it!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sd123 View Post
    I'm curious how you know this. Why are good numbers here synonymous with functioning androgen receptors?
    Congrats on your quick recover. Keep at it!
    A lot of metabolism (cholesterol, triglycerides etc.) as well as the synthesis of vitamin D is interrelated with the androgen receptor.

That's why you'll find most individuals have extremely low vitamin D, as well as low good cholesterol (HDL) and high bad cholesterol (LDL).

Also a pattern which has been noted in PFS patients is low FSH, and LH, and based on the mechanism of action of 5 ar inhibitors, this is because of the role of androgen receptors.

Let me know if you want the studies to read over, and I'll send em your way.