User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Injury while workout out - how to proceed?

So I think I might have torn my shoulder rotator cuff. Which puts me in a pretty bad position. (I guess PFS makes people more injury prone? I wasn't pushing myself THAT hard)

I already have a bulding disc/low back pain, but now on top of this and having PFS I'm in a bad situation. Weightlifting makes me feel good and is probably vital to healing my pfs and now I can't do it, or maybe won't be able to do it for a while.

This question is for cdnuts, do you think the protocol is still viable without heavy lifting? I could probably stick to calisthenics or yoga, but would I still get results from r-andro and herb cycling without heavy lifting or any weights at all potentially? I'll still continue everything else about the protocol, but how do you think I should approach? PFS will probably slow down my healing a shit ton due to the good effects DHT/androgen receptors have on our tendons and ligaments...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt PFS makes you injury prone, you’re thinking too hard.

Treat it like you would normally. Let it rest, I currently have a groin injury that prevents me from squatting or doing heavy legs. I work everything else and do physical therapy on my groin to help it heal.

You can’t do things like heavy bench or shoulder press, so do what you can. Hop on a smith machine and squat (use a belt if you have lower back pain. I’m in the same boat) or do some heavy leg extensions. Do some arms if you can. Just exercise and be careful. I have 2 bad shoulders so ik how it is, get an exercise band and learn some physical therapy workouts to heal your rotator cuff, do them every day for a couple months and you’ll be good. Then just implement light then moderate then heavy weight on your shoulder to gradually strengthen it, marathon not a sprint.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 12-05-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Injury while workout out - how to proceed?

I had a shoulder injury during my recovery. I would just lay off the arms and chest for a bit. Do some legs, even if it’s only machines. Abs. Cardio, sprints - maybe not rowing but anything else is on the table.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The others had good responses. I would just do what I could do without making the current injury any worse. I would still cycle the herbs and hormones because of the many other benefits you're going to get from them regardless of the heavy lifting. Just slowly work your way back to strength in that area. You can still do chest exercises you just have to be EXTREMELY concentrated on your form and drop the weight some to help with this. SLOWLY build it back up. If it hurts, then STOP doing those exercises.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply CD. I’ve decided to quit exercise altogether until my next fast is over do my shoulder can completely heal. It already feels a bit better. Definitely going to focus on my form more from now on.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonz View Post
    Thanks for your reply CD. I’ve decided to quit exercise altogether until my next fast is over do my shoulder can completely heal. It already feels a bit better. Definitely going to focus on my form more from now on.
    Or you could focus on lower body by simply doing body weight squats to failure with good form. Seeing as they're the biggest muscles in your body you would still reap large benefits from doing this twice a week or even three times, once you get your legs under you. You'll be surprised at how strong your legs can get by doing these simply movements.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Or you could focus on lower body by simply doing body weight squats to failure with good form. Seeing as they're the biggest muscles in your body you would still reap large benefits from doing this twice a week or even three times, once you get your legs under you. You'll be surprised at how strong your legs can get by doing these simply movements.
    I’ve read that the legs make the most difference in terms of testosterone, out of all the muscle groups. It makes sense since they’re the biggest muscle group by weight.

I've followed sumo wrestling for about 12 years, and sumo wrestlers traditionally got their muscular physiques without weights. (I know they look fat, and they are, but they’re also extremely muscular. Like NFL nose tackles.) They build massive leg muscles by doing this movement called the shiko, where they lift one leg up as high as possible laterally, then stamp it down, then they repeat that with the other leg, and then they squat down. That’s one rep. They do hudreds of reps of this every day, and it helps work other muscles within the legs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t even put my arms forward to do body weight squats, that’s how bad my shoulder hurt. But again it’s gotten better now that I’ve rested it. The fast should heal it right up. Once it’s healed I’ll be right back in the gym, feeling as good as I was a few weeks ago hopefully.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonz View Post
    I can’t even put my arms forward to do body weight squats, that’s how bad my shoulder hurt. But again it’s gotten better now that I’ve rested it. The fast should heal it right up. Once it’s healed I’ll be right back in the gym, feeling as good as I was a few weeks ago hopefully.
    How are you coming along with this?