User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is libido gone for good?

Hi guys, I would like to know if people regain their libido on recoveries, like, if you guys know someone who regained, or even if ur selves had got it back to some degree.

Honestly, as a 23 guy with a past of overwhelming amounts of libido (3+ urges to masterbate per day) since 13yo I really see it as a part of my normal being and want it desperately back (that was good, if it comes to 80% would be already good and high).

From what I read from recoveries, the very most I see is people saying they recovered all but libido. Or they just don't mention it, as if it wasn't a part of their recovery (and ofc should - no one miss this part of life).

All this thing makes me a little worried about all this thing (along with other things that maybe make equally worried) because I think it's the main mark of recovery since it's the first thing to disappear and mostly the first thing to be noticed as a symptom. And I'd consider me back to life only if I had this cornerstone fixed for sure. Like, I could recover all other sides, but if my libido was still lacking, I would still say that I'd be no more than 70% recovered.

Sorry for the wonderings and maybe some bad side focusing, but that's the way I think.
    Last edited by Gomesgame; 12-30-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomesgame View Post
    Hi guys, I would like to know if people regain their libido on recoveries, like, if you guys know someone who regained, or even if ur selves had got it back to some degree.

Honestly, as a 23 guy with a past of overwhelming amounts of libido since 13yo I really see it as a part of my normal being and want it desperately back (that was good, if it comes to 80% would be already good and high).

From what I read from recoveries, all I see is people saying they recovered all but libido. Or they just don't mention it, as if it wasn't a part of their recovery (and ofc should, heh? No one miss this part of life).

All this thing makes me a little worried about all this thing (along with other things that maybe make me equally worried) because I think it's the main mark of recovery since it's the first thing to disappear and mostly the first thing to be noticed as a symptom. And I'd consider me back to life only if I had this cornerstone fixed for sure. Like, I could recover all other sides. But I my libido was still lacking, I would still say that I'd be no more than 70% recovered.

Sorry for the wonderings and maybe some bad side focusing, but that's the way I think.
    They do recover libido.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not trying to be a dick, man, but this just shows you haven’t read enough on this forum. My thread clearly states loss of libido as a symptom, for example - as do others. We wouldn’t consider ourselves fully recovered, as men mainly in our mid 20s through early 30s, if we didn’t have the desire to have sex.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of CD’s sticky threads addresses this. He talks about how he RECOVERED - meaning, no longer has the PFS symptoms. So list any PFS symptom, and that is gone. That’s what recovered means.

What seems to be the case for most is that libido is the last symptom to fully return to normal. So eventually you’ll be able to have completely normal sex with full feeling, but you just won't desire it as often. And as you keep up the program eventually libido comes back, and there are no more downswings at all, and after some months of being at 100% you can just go off the program or whatever parts of the program you don’t want to keep doing.

In my personal case, libido seems to recover more easily than my ability to feel sexual pleasure and orgasms. Your mileage may vary, for most guys it’s the last symptom to fully return. For me, the ability to feel sexual pleasure and orgasm is my most stubborn symptom.

I don’t think anyone who says they recovered went from wanting sex 7 days per week, to 1 day per month, and called themselves cured, if that’s what you’re fearing. Libido is part of the recovery journey. Also, part of this journey is that you can’t dwell on this shit and panic about whether you’re going to fully recover. You. Will. Recover. As long as you do everything you’re supposed to do and you’re strict about it.

Stressing about possibly not recovering releases cortisol, which messes with your testosterone. So you just have to trust and believe and keep doing what you need to be doing. Your libido will come back but you’re going to have to be do what you need to do and remember that recovery will happen on its own timetable. There will be ups and downs, your libido will go higher and lower for weeks at a time, and drop down to zero for a week or two at a time, even when you’re doing everything right. It’s part of the process and recovery ends up happening on its own timetable, not our’s.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Not trying to be a dick, man, but this just shows you haven’t read enough on this forum. My thread clearly states loss of libido as a symptom, for example - as do others. We wouldn’t consider ourselves fully recovered, as men mainly in our mid 20s through early 30s, if we didn’t have the desire to have sex.
    Exactly.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomesgame View Post

Honestly, as a 23 guy with a past of overwhelming amounts of libido (3+ urges to masterbate per day) since 13yo I really see it as a part of my normal being and want it desperately back (that was good, if it comes to 80% would be already good and high).

From what I read from recoveries, the very most I see is people saying they recovered all but libido. Or they just don't mention it, as if it wasn't a part of their recovery (and ofc should - no one miss this part of life).

All this thing makes me a little worried about all this thing (along with other things that maybe make equally worried) because I think it's the main mark of recovery since it's the first thing to disappear and mostly the first thing to be noticed as a symptom. And I'd consider me back to life only if I had this cornerstone fixed for sure. Like, I could recover all other sides, but if my libido was still lacking, I would still say that I'd be no more than 70% recovered.

You have to take the time to read this forum more thoroughly. Everyone who has posted a recovery, has posted it because, well, they are recovered. If they didn't have a libido, they wouldn't be posting in the recovery section because they wouldn't be recovered.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"