User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti-Inflammatory Tea

Gents, I thought I would share a recipe my girlfriend developed for a tea that is great for reducing inflammation - extremely important to recovery! Has received some great reviews from a number of guys I have shared with on here

Mince a 1/2 thumb size piece of fresh ginger and steep covered in hot water for 7 minutes.  Add a large clove of minced garlic and steep for another 3 minutes.  Run through a fine strainer (push through with a spoon to get as much juice as possible from ginger & garlic.  Squeeze in juice from half a lemon.  Add an 1/8-1/4 tsp of powdered turmeric and a little fresh ground pepper.  Stir with a little Manuka honey
    Never lose your sense of humor

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    Gents, I thought I would share a recipe my girlfriend developed for a tea that is great for reducing inflammation - extremely important to recovery! Has received some great reviews from a number of guys I have shared with on here

Mince a 1/2 thumb size piece of fresh ginger and steep covered in hot water for 7 minutes.  Add a large clove of minced garlic and steep for another 3 minutes.  Run through a fine strainer (push through with a spoon to get as much juice as possible from ginger & garlic.  Squeeze in juice from half a lemon.  Add an 1/8-1/4 tsp of powdered turmeric and a little fresh ground pepper.  Stir with a little Manuka honey
    Hey brother. Thanks for sharing. Although I do want to point out that too much tumeric isn't good for Test levels so use of this tea should be done cautiously.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Hey brother. Thanks for sharing. Although I do want to point out that too much tumeric isn't good for Test levels so use of this tea should be done cautiously.
    Hey CD, just to ask roughly how much turmeric should we use a day. I have bought some to add to my veggies as seasoning to reduce chest inflammation. Plan to a quarter of a teaspoon 4 to 5 times a week

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comewhatmay View Post
    Hey CD, just to ask roughly how much turmeric should we use a day. I have bought some to add to my veggies as seasoning to reduce chest inflammation. Plan to a quarter of a teaspoon 4 to 5 times a week
    I make this tea without turmeric, still anti inflammatory, I’d avoid turmeric honestly

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drink quite a bit a fresh ginger tea as well. Chamomile is also a favorite of mine.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comewhatmay View Post
    I would avoid it completely. That's my opinion based on my past experiences with it. Others seem to do fine.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I would avoid it completely. That's my opinion based on my past experiences with it. Others seem to do fine.
    Yeah, I think it’s best avoided during recovery at least. There are some potential health benefits, but during recovery I think it’s something to be avoided.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read on numerous occasions here that we shouldn't avoid particular foods regarding 5ar, because their impact is negligible.

However in this thread CD and T25 say we should avoid turmeric. So which is it? And if so, are there others we should avoid? Soy, flaxseed, peanut butter?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I read on numerous occasions here that we shouldn't avoid particular foods regarding 5ar, because their impact is negligible.

However in this thread CD and T25 say we should avoid turmeric. So which is it? And if so, are there others we should avoid? Soy, flaxseed, peanut butter?
    Concentrated turmeric, the stuff they jam into pills.....no good. A little seasoning....ok.