Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like steroids but only as a friend.
    interesting read, keep it coming.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a successful pilot for the first season!
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_math View Post
    Looks like a successful pilot for the first season!
    I'd watch it:
    "Burly Man and the River of Juice"
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 AestheticOne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in for more

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason I love, love, LOVE, BB stories from the 80's. I used to read Greg Valentino's section in MD because of all his stories about the mecca of BB and the BB'rs who lifted there. Plus, Burly's stories took place right in my neck of the woods, and I remember the dungeon in YMCA that fuled my interest in BB.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part Two.

(This information is for entertainment value only. Any description of illegal activity is for the sole purpose of entertainment, and should not be considered an admission of or instructions for wrongdoing.)

So, at this point, I had made the decision to acquire AAS. I needed to decide what I wanted to get for my first cycle and also find out was was actually available. It just so happened that the gym I worked out in was owned by the 1983 World Powerlifting Champion, Doyle Kenady. He was a beast of a man, with an abundance of natural born strength. But, in talking with him, you would have found him to be the kindest, gentlest, unassuming man you'd ever have met. He and his team of National and World-level powerlifters were no doubt using anabolic compounds. Watching them train squats and deadlifts in the 800+ range was inspiring.

Well, Doyle (RIP) just so happened to be connected to the steroid world after years in strength training and competition. He was sought out by more than just powerlifters, though. Quite a few professional wrestlers would come to him. Jesse "The Body" Ventura was someone who would occasionally make an appearance at the gym. He would work out, then later disappear into the back office with Doyle before reappearing and leaving for the day. It was common knowledge what was happening in that back room, and I was soon to be a part of that club...

After going back and forth on a few options, I had finally settled on what compounds I wanted to use for my first bulking cycle. Test and Anadrol-50. I went to Doyle and bought Testosterone Enanthate, but he didn't have any bulking orals on hand at the time. In fact, as I would come to find out later, he generally didn't put that type of compound on order, so Dbol or Anadrol was not something I would be getting from him.

It was during this time that I had decided to drive to southern California and meet up with a couple of friends at Disneyland and hang out for a couple of days. Part of my trip was spent with them, part of my trip was spent in Venice, California, heralded as the "Mecca of Bodybuilding". I trained at Gold's Gym in Venice a couple of days, as well as the World Gym just down the road.

I even trained at the old "weight pit", the outdoor gym you see in the movie Pumping Iron. That has all been changed and updated since that trip, and is much nicer. But the aura of all those bodybuilding greats will never be there as it was in the original pit.

I drove by the abandoned building that once housed the very first Gold's Gym. You could still see where the letters of the gym's name had been removed. It was a remarkably small gym. Maybe 2000 square feet in total. My mind wandered a bit as I imagined how all the "superheroes" of bodybuilding were working out side by side.

While I was there, I met Samir Bannout (Mr. Olympia, '83) at Gold's. What an impressive and refined physique he had. He was not training for a contest, but he was quite lean. He was in excellent shape, and looked enormous to my young eyes. I got a chance to watch the Barbarian Brothers (David and Peter Paul) training as well. On the beach, I met up with a couple of amateur bodybuilders and talked to them about what the steroid scene was like across the border. After talking with them, it seemed quite obvious that I would be crossing that border.

I would be remiss to not mention the eye candy on the beach. I had never seen so much beauty in my life. Skimpy bikinis, tanned and well-oiled skin, and perfect 10 figures lined the beach. As a young man who had not yet lost his innocence, this view was almost more than I could handle.

The next day, I found myself walking into a "farmacia" and asking for anabolicas. I was presented with Anadrol-50. It cost me $140, which was more than I was expecting, but I was ok with the pricing. After all, I had just completed the acquisition of my first cycle.

As I began walking back toward the border, I got a bit nervous about walking my most recent acquisition back into California. So one the way there, I stopped in a bathroom and disposed of the box that the bottle came in and poured all the tablets into the small plastic bag that the bottle contained. I put the drug information leaflet in the bag as well. After I disposed of the empty bottle, I tied the top of the bag in a knot and wadded it up and shoved it down my pants, behind my testicles. I felt much more at ease at this point, and walked across the border without trouble.

When I returned from my trip, I would begin my very first steroid cycle. I was a little scared, but mostly excited. This was to be a game changer for me...

End of Part Two. You tell me... Bore, or More?
    Last edited by burlyman30; 12-11-2012 at 02:25 AM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro, you know I am hooked^. In fact, I really dig learning about how Oregon had such a big scene amongst the whole landscape of bodybuilding back then. Whole new world your sharing Burly that is begging to be shared. Please continue, this is great stuff and content I can't buy in magazines anymore.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More, please. Definitely not boring!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This!
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you ask if we want more 1 more damn time, I swear Burly, I SWEAR..................

Now, hook us up.