Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Road To Recovery (Parabellum Log)

Hey guys,

I will make this short as most reading this know why we are here. After almost 4 years of PFS I'm going to commit fully to CD's protocol and hopefully I can finally get out of this dark hole.

I want a log so that I can track my progress and also reach out with any questions I may have especially in the beginning of this journey. I'm on day 1 of a water fast - going for at least 7 days but I will push it as far as I can safely. I'm severely constipated right now so I'm hoping that this fast/reset will help get me back on track. Going forward I'll be removing dairy completely as I feel it's a major driver of inflammation for me right now.

I am wondering if I should be doing breathing exercises and cold showers during this fasting period?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post
    Hey guys,

I will make this short as most reading this know why we are here. After almost 4 years of PFS I'm going to commit fully to CD's protocol and hopefully I can finally get out of this dark hole.

I want a log so that I can track my progress and also reach out with any questions I may have especially in the beginning of this journey. I'm on day 1 of a water fast - going for at least 7 days but I will push it as far as I can safely. I'm severely constipated right now so I'm hoping that this fast/reset will help get me back on track. Going forward I'll be removing dairy completely as I feel it's a major driver of inflammation for me right now.

I am wondering if I should be doing breathing exercises and cold showers during this fasting period?
    Yes. I’d imagine the breathing will help with detox. Just listen to your body and don’t push it too hard.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

I would do the breathing exercises but skip the cold showers. You're going to run cold during a water fast to begin with because there is no fuel in the furnace. For the most part, just rest and take in plenty of water.

How is it going?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I would do the breathing exercises but skip the cold showers. You're going to run cold during a water fast to begin with because there is no fuel in the furnace. For the most part, just rest and take in plenty of water.

How is it going?
    I didn't complete the water fast. This would have been my fifth or sixth fast had I finished it - I've already done many over the years from a 3 day dry fast to a 2 week water fast. This time around it didn't feel right or necessary. I was working stupid days due to summer at work which I had already mentioned to you and I had just done 8 days straight and on top of that I was using only white rice for backloads which was actually causing issues for me including gum recession but I was too busy and just trying to get through the summer period at work.

Thankfully since I have regained my footing and I'm even tolerating the herbs! Today is a bit rough as I introduced pine pollen yesterday on top of my rotation (which I'll be trying to take daily). I noticed the pain in my left side is present again but I'm going to try and push through and hope it goes away - if over time it doesn't I will just stick to the other herbs I have that don't seem to cause this problem.

Unfortunately gyms have closed again here and so has my work, going to be training 6 days a week for now sticking to calisthenics and sprints. I need to buy a pair of dumbbells to have handy for these times.
    Last edited by Parabellum; 02-13-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @CD, have you tried Olive Leaf Extract in the past?

Lots of great properties and from what I have read seems completely safe. Its antiviral nature is what interests me. I am thinking about including it in the herb rotation - thoughts?

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't complete the water fast. This would have been my fifth or sixth fast had I finished it - I've already done many over the years from a 3 day dry fast to a 2 week water fast. This time around it didn't feel right or necessary. I was working stupid days due to summer at work which I had already mentioned to you and I had just done 8 days straight and on top of that I was using only white rice for backloads which was actually causing issues for me including gum recession but I was too busy and just trying to get through the summer period at work.
    Water fasts are really hard - you must have an iron will to have completed 5+ already, nice work dude.

Thankfully since I have regained my footing and I'm even tolerating the herbs! Today is a bit rough as I introduced pine pollen yesterday on top of my rotation (which I'll be trying to take daily). I noticed the pain in my left side is present again but I'm going to try and push through and hope it goes away - if over time it doesn't I will just stick to the other herbs I have that don't seem to cause this problem.
    Do you take all the herbs at once? If you space them out does that help at all? Maybe it's too much on an empty stomach.

Unfortunately gyms have closed again here and so has my work, going to be training 6 days a week for now sticking to calisthenics and sprints. I need to buy a pair of dumbbells to have handy for these times.
    It sucks that dumbbells and all home gym equipment has become so expensive. York db sets should still be relatively inexpensive, though
    Last edited by BBG; 02-14-2021 at 07:58 PM. Reason: had to fix my quotes
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    Water fasts are really hard - you must have an iron will to have completed 5+ already, nice work dude.

Do you take all the herbs at once? If you space them out does that help at all? Maybe it's too much on an empty stomach.

It sucks that dumbbells and all home gym equipment has become so expensive. York db sets should still be relatively inexpensive, though
    @BBG: Testosterone Boosting Supplement Rotation | Total Male Optimization

- - - Updated - - -

@CD, have you tried Olive Leaf Extract in the past?

Lots of great properties and from what I have read seems completely safe. Its antiviral nature is what interests me. I am thinking about including it in the herb rotation - thoughts?
    I haven't. Nor have I studied it.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need some guidance..

Been a rocky past couple of months. Last couple of weeks my stool became firm again and bowel movements were becoming more significant but unfortunately I wasn't careful with the amount of food I was consuming after this change and now I've become severely constipated. Almost a week without a proper bowel movement... tried a laxative (cascara) but it only seemed to irritate my stomach.

I've decided to do up to 7 days on water only and then refeed a couple of days on meat/vegetables only before backloading again. Avoiding all supplements. To all the veterans here - should this be enough to get back on track? This has gotten pretty serious.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Need some guidance..

Been a rocky past couple of months. Last couple of weeks my stool became firm again and bowel movements were becoming more significant but unfortunately I wasn't careful with the amount of food I was consuming after this change and now I've become severely constipated. Almost a week without a proper bowel movement... tried a laxative (cascara) but it only seemed to irritate my stomach.

I've decided to do up to 7 days on water only and then refeed a couple of days on meat/vegetables only before backloading again. Avoiding all supplements. To all the veterans here - should this be enough to get back on track? This has gotten pretty serious.
    Yes.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so I'm done trying to do this without a proper cleanse as it's clear just how messed up my intestines are - literally to the point where I have chronic pains in my sides even when laying down and I have a gap developing between my front teeth which is getting worse the longer and more inflammed the constipation persists.

I have started a 7 day water fast. After that I'm doing meat and vegetables only for an entire month. No dairy or nuts. Than calisthenics for another month before I even start doing gym and backloads, hopefully allowing plenty of time for the intestines to heal and by then I'm hoping I can be responsive to the herbs.

To do this I've had to pretty much leave my job and what will make it even more difficult is I'm broke as well but I have no other option as I'm actually worse than when I originally crashed and I need my health back. Slowly and steadily.