Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 3 large meals vs. 6 smaller meals

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    ^^^^the best way to eat..........at this point i prob wont ever eat meat in the forseeable future, but anything where the animal can graze and move around, and is fed grass/grain id advocate

besides the cruelty aspect i oppose, id think a cow that is pumped full of drugs, fed feces, and lives a short stressful life, prob isnt the best quality of meat
    Those are valid points of opposition but only really to commercial feed lot meat.

Check out eatwild.com it is a directory of local farmers. It is also how I met all of my farmers. Every year I put an order in for 2 shares of a cow which the farmer raises ethically, grain free and hormone free.

Not to take away from your concerns because I agree they are all valid, but there are other options for meat that those issues you have won't be a problem with. And as for the price, my shares come to roughly $4/lb which isn't too shabby considering a third of the order is steaks!
    Last edited by josh; 12-11-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    What about a local farmer who ethically raises cattle and lets them graze for food?

Would you be opposed to this?
    My father in law raises free range hormone free beef. I can attest to the vast difference in taste, quality, and leanness of the meat. It is night and day.
    When I have people over for a barbeque, the comment I get every time is "What do you put on the burgers? This is the beat tasting burger I have ever eaten!" My answer: "Nothing ".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Those are valid points of opposition but only really to commercial feed lot meat.

Check out eatwild.com it is a directory of local farmers. It is also how I met all of my farmers. Every year I put an order in for 2 shares of a cow which the farmer raises ethically, grain free and hormone free.

Not to take away from your concerns because I agree they are all valid, but there are other options for meat that those issues you have won't be a problem with. And as for the price, my shares come to roughly $4/lb which isn't too shabby considering a third of the order is steaks!
    I have been talking to the GF about doing this. We will be moving later this year, and at that time will probably grab an extra freezer to pull it off.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am lucky, this is pretty much all we eat. I have friends that raise organic beef, chickens.... We buy the whole cow and have it butchered and stock the freezer. Lots of people here have chickens so they can have there own eggs. Your right, free range organic grass fed tastes alot better. Lots of local gardens and farmers markets to buy from. It is a little spendy but the quality and the taste is well worth it.
    ^^^^the best way to eat..........at this point i prob wont ever eat meat in the forseeable future, but anything where the animal can graze and move around, and is fed grass/grain id advocate

besides the cruelty aspect i oppose, id think a cow that is pumped full of drugs, fed feces, and lives a short stressful life, prob isnt the best quality of meat

vegetarian regardless, i buy organic everything when possible, and dairy is from free range grass fed......besides better quality, tastes better, especially the fruit and veggies.......being in the city id say/think its a bit harder for someone tho........passed such a farm on the way back from a lake trip 2hrs north, grabbed a few dozen eggs (collected from the ground off roaming chickens), the eggs tasted somewhat better than the regular stuff i was buying and since switched to buying free run all the time (iv read that alot of eggs contain period blood too lmao, fkn nasty)

few guys on the old pp had access to local farms and even picked the cow and so on, would buy a ton of meat and just freeze it, and altho price is higher, they universally agreed the quality of the meat far exceeded anything packaged and store bought

iv done this the last year or so, buying organic and such, and slowly it has shown in my physique as well as just feels better.......gotta put good stuff in to look good......a big mac may say 20g protein but its no chicken breast (for the meat guys)

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vegetarian regardless, i buy organic everything when possible, and dairy is from free range grass fed......besides better quality, tastes better, especially the fruit and veggies.......being in the city id say/think its a bit harder for someone tho........passed such a farm on the way back from a lake trip 2hrs north, grabbed a few dozen eggs (collected from the ground off roaming chickens), the eggs tasted somewhat better than the regular stuff i was buying and since switched to buying free run all the time (iv read that alot of eggs contain period blood too lmao, fkn nasty)

few guys on the old pp had access to local farms and even picked the cow and so on, would buy a ton of meat and just freeze it, and altho price is higher, they universally agreed the quality of the meat far exceeded anything packaged and store bought

iv done this the last year or so, buying organic and such, and slowly it has shown in my physique as well as just feels better.......gotta put good stuff in to look good......a big mac may say 20g protein but its no chicken breast (for the meat guys)
    I agree with everything DJM says here. I went mostly organic with fruits veggies, meats, eggs, and milk over the past 6 months and the difference is in taste and quality is very obvious. I found a guy in my home town that sells free range grass fed beef at a very reasonable price. Most people in my home town are cheap and this drives the price down for me living in the city. I just need to buy a huge deep freezer so I can stock it full up my meats! It get really pricey when buy in smaller qtys.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_math View Post
    Oh my....
    Light appetizer.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually eat 2 meals a day with 2 high cal snacks a day.
    The first of the year I'll be eating 4 meals a day with a couple lower cal snacks a day.
    All 4 meals will be a protien and veggies. Carbs will only be in the meals that need them or when I want them.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love these videos!!
    Makes me want to eat waffles and hamburgers no bun!!!