Hybrid View

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 3 large meals vs. 6 smaller meals

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    ^^^^the best way to eat..........at this point i prob wont ever eat meat in the forseeable future, but anything where the animal can graze and move around, and is fed grass/grain id advocate

besides the cruelty aspect i oppose, id think a cow that is pumped full of drugs, fed feces, and lives a short stressful life, prob isnt the best quality of meat
    Those are valid points of opposition but only really to commercial feed lot meat.

Check out eatwild.com it is a directory of local farmers. It is also how I met all of my farmers. Every year I put an order in for 2 shares of a cow which the farmer raises ethically, grain free and hormone free.

Not to take away from your concerns because I agree they are all valid, but there are other options for meat that those issues you have won't be a problem with. And as for the price, my shares come to roughly $4/lb which isn't too shabby considering a third of the order is steaks!
    Last edited by josh; 12-11-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Those are valid points of opposition but only really to commercial feed lot meat.

Check out eatwild.com it is a directory of local farmers. It is also how I met all of my farmers. Every year I put an order in for 2 shares of a cow which the farmer raises ethically, grain free and hormone free.

Not to take away from your concerns because I agree they are all valid, but there are other options for meat that those issues you have won't be a problem with. And as for the price, my shares come to roughly $4/lb which isn't too shabby considering a third of the order is steaks!
    I have been talking to the GF about doing this. We will be moving later this year, and at that time will probably grab an extra freezer to pull it off.