User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 large meals vs. 6 smaller meals

Here is an article from Anabolic Minds: 3 Larger Meals Better Than 6 Smaller - AnabolicMinds.com

Thought it would be a interesting topic to discuss here. From what I gather, most of us here have several smaller feedings throughout the day.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 BR99TAL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally I like them larger meals way more than smaller.
    why? those smaller meals make me more hungry afterwards than before I eat.

nonetheless, I very often just cant afford time (cooking, precooking, etc) to eat every 3hrs. (How would it look if a pack out a tupperbox with food in a meeting or whatever?)

as long as its working for ME, I wont change it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the larger meals myself. Since doing intermittant fasting though, my appetite for large meals has diminished.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting article from BBC, which basically says that till recent history most of folks western civilisation used to eat one meal per day.

BBC News - Breakfast, lunch and dinner: Have we always eaten them?

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I eat when I'm hungry. Somedays, it's 7 meals and, others, it's 3 meals.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've eaten 4 meals a day for years. The three usual, plus one before bed. If I'm trying to gain weight/promote recovery, I make sure to add in a shake between a couple of the meals. That usually fits my life easier than adding an extra meal during the day.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Interesting article from BBC, which basically says that till recent history most of folks western civilisation used to eat one meal per day.

BBC News - Breakfast, lunch and dinner: Have we always eaten them?
    Ori Hoffmekler's book, the Warrior Diet is based on eating only at night, with one big meal, and a 2nd meal if really hungry. I dig a lot of what the book said, but for those who are working out hard and trying to boost recovery, strength, size and so on, it should be modified.

This article sounds a lot like the Warrior Diet book, but a interesting read nonetheless.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me 4 meals is easy. After that I find myself trying to figure out when to make it work. I've done 6-7 before for long spurts but I lived alone. Away from a GF and by myself. Now 4 is manageable for sure.
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Ori Hoffmekler's book, the Warrior Diet is based on eating only at night, with one big meal, and a 2nd meal if really hungry. I dig a lot of what the book said, but for those who are working out hard and trying to boost recovery, strength, size and so on, it should be modified.

This article sounds a lot like the Warrior Diet book, but a interesting read nonetheless.
    Agreed. Most of the guys I used to pick up info about TRT etc... used to say that 2 meals a day is best- one upon raising and one I think 3-4 hrs prior to bed. 2/3 of cals should go into first meal- and they said if inbetween you have hunger or drop in sugar, increase first meal. I dont remeber theory why 2 meals. unfortunately.

Noa, you have a knack for starting interesting threads.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i eat when im hungry too,which seems to be every few hours, which is about 6-8meals a day (work out of the house alot of the time, so easy to do).....to the point i do it like a robot.....oddly its the days i dont train that my eating gets fkd, seeing i dont plan a pre and postwo meal / shake , and the 2hr gap im in the gym...i tend to eat shittier on these day, i do eat big meals, but still 6-8 times a day, prob cause im high and ill do 3-4k cals in 2hrs......long story short, often, and alot most of the time

***i attempted the fasting thing recently, lasted 2wks, not for me