I’m thinking about doing either a second juice feast, or a water fast. When I got mono around October 2019, there were a good 2 or 3 weeks when I was just eating broth, because my throat hurt too much to swallow solid food and I had no appetite. I was not trying to do any type of fast, I was just getting through mono. (I had slept with a woman who said she’d had mono ~3 months earlier and had no idea that she was still contagious.)

When I started eating again, all through my upswings and downswings, I would get morning wood on a consistent basis, and I had more upswings, if I recall correctly. It felt like I had a significantly higher baseline. This lasted for about 8 months; it stopped several months after my gym had closed due to Covid. (My home workouts were not a suitable replacement, I just can’t get the same intensity and I like the routine of going to the gym, rather than working out in my 1 bedroom apartment.) Now, this wasn’t a fast and it didn’t follow the rules, but in retrospect it seemed to have given me good benefits that really lasted.

Shortly after my initial 7 day juice feast in Feb 2019, I did feel orgasms again (for awhile,) and when I had sex I was able to ejaculate (without feeling an orgasm, unfortunately) in a reasonable amount of time, instead of not being able to ejaculate.

I don’t want to spend about $6,000 on a fasting clinic if I don’t have to, and I’m also getting clients for my business and don’t want to hit the pause button on that, which would cost me thousands more in foregone profits. We’re looking at maybe $10,000 to do a 2-week medically supervised water fast, between the costs and lost profits. So it’s looking like I’ll do a juice feast, but I want some reassurance that it still works and will give me benefits.

How long of a juice feast should I do? Or should I bite the bullet and do a water fast? Also, would it be okay to order frozen raw juices from a juice cleanse company, and just order larger amounts of it so that I’ll have enough for 4 quarts per day? I could do 2, 3, even 4 weeks if it would speed my recovery. I want 2021 to be the year when I fully recover.

Thanks!