User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s better to just stay on the protocol.
    Your body won’t understand what you’re trying to do when you put exogenous hormones and try to produce endogenous hormones at the same time.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilianguy View Post
    It’s better to just stay on the protocol.
    Your body won’t understand what you’re trying to do when you put exogenous hormones and try to produce endogenous hormones at the same time.
    No, your body knows exactly what to do.....it shuts off production of your endogenous test. EXACTLY what you're trying to avoid.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    No, your body knows exactly what to do.....it shuts off production of your endogenous test. EXACTLY what you're trying to avoid.
    is it dangerous to experiment with TRT in this state?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashed View Post
    is it dangerous to experiment with TRT in this state?
    In a pfs state? You'll get mixed results but none of them will cure you. It just doesn't make sense to do the protocol and run TRT.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But what are the thoughts on going on TRT while I do the CDNut's protocol?
    How old are you? Do you have clinically low testosterone levels?

TRT is generally the last option. If you have your diet/exercise/sleep/stress all in check, and your testosterone is still low, TRT may be your only option.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    In a pfs state? You'll get mixed results but none of them will cure you. It just doesn't make sense to do the protocol and run TRT.
    I'm understanding and expecting it won't cure me, but i'm hoping just for an increase in quality of life tbh. im hoping to do your protocol on TRT and see what happens. like the fasting, juicing, IF/, water fasting, paleo diet.

Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    How old are you? Do you have clinically low testosterone levels?

TRT is generally the last option. If you have your diet/exercise/sleep/stress all in check, and your testosterone is still low, TRT may be your only option.
    26, got my T checked throughout the years:
    at the start it was below the range, then it became just low and im awaiting some more bloodwork to see if it qualifies as low still.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can play the linking studies game all day if we want to:

Minoxidil INCREASES 5 alpha-reductase activity of cultured human dermal papilla cells from balding scalp

Topical minoxidil does not act as an antiandrogen in the flank organ of the golden Syrian hamster

As one of the studies above mentions, many NOW believe the mechanism of action for Minoxidil to be its prostaglandin activity (not its potential 5AR activity) that helps with hair loss:
    Prostaglandin D2 inhibits hair growth and is elevated in bald scalp of men with androgenetic alopecia

Activation of ... prostaglandin synthase-1 by minoxidil as a possible explanation for its hair growth-stimulating effect
    And from this paper: Minoxidil: mechanisms of action on hair growth - PubMed

A number of in vitro effects of minoxidil have been described in monocultures of various skin and hair follicle cell types including stimulation of cell proliferation, inhibition of collagen synthesis, and stimulation of vascular endothelial growth factor and prostaglandin synthesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    We can play the linking studies game all day if we want to:

Minoxidil INCREASES 5 alpha-reductase activity of cultured human dermal papilla cells from balding scalp

Topical minoxidil does not act as an antiandrogen in the flank organ of the golden Syrian hamster

As one of the studies above mentions, many NOW believe the mechanism of action for Minoxidil to be its prostaglandin activity (not its potential 5AR activity) that helps with hair loss:
    Prostaglandin D2 inhibits hair growth and is elevated in bald scalp of men with androgenetic alopecia

Activation of ... prostaglandin synthase-1 by minoxidil as a possible explanation for its hair growth-stimulating effect
    And from this paper: Minoxidil: mechanisms of action on hair growth - PubMed

A number of in vitro effects of minoxidil have been described in monocultures of various skin and hair follicle cell types including stimulation of cell proliferation, inhibition of collagen synthesis, and stimulation of vascular endothelial growth factor and prostaglandin synthesis.
    Regardless there are many men who r sufering from 'pfs' just from minoxidil. https://www.askapatient.com/viewrati...+%28FOR+MEN%29

thats only dating back from 2020, theres far more people from 2015 but the old ones get pushed down. its really tragic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless there are many men who r sufering from 'pfs' just from minoxidil. https://www.askapatient.com/viewrati...+%28FOR+MEN%29

thats only dating back from 2020, theres far more people from 2015 but the old ones get pushed down. its really tragic
    My guess is that many of these users were also prescribed Finasteride and don't realize that Finasteride is the cause of their lasting effects.

For instance:

i wish i had not taken this drug. finasteride gave me side effects but i recovered with minox its been 3wks and no change. i used to watch prn everyday but now im afraid because its difficult to have an erection. my only hope is my libido would return.
    I had a similar issue with finasteride and sexual function, however after a week I was pretty much back to normal. No idea what's happened this time but im really scared that I've done damage for good this time.
    Basically they stopped finasteride, but continued on minoxidil, and now attribute their long lasting PFS symptoms to minoxidil.