User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crashed from rogaine. Can I try TRT?

Crashed from rogaine few years ago got all the pfs symptoms; low libido, low eq, low energy, poor mood, food sensitivities, eczema etc

I've tried a lot of chit and I'm just wondering if it would be safe to do TRT? I've looked through this forum looking for people mentioning doing TRT and no ones said it?

I really wanna get on TRT and see if it works. I did pinepollen and it made me feel almost 80% recovered but then slipped to baseline. Thoughts?

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay but... rogaine is minoxidil. It can't cause PFS symptoms. So whatever you were suffering from was not PFS and not from rogaine.

Most common rogaine (minoxidil) symptoms are heart palpitations, high or low blood pressure, hair loss, body hair growth and edema.
    Last edited by BBG; 02-11-2021 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    Okay but... rogaine is minoxidil. It can't cause PFS symptoms. So whatever you were suffering from was not PFS and not from rogaine.

Most common rogaine (minoxidil) symptoms are heart palpitations, high or low blood pressure, hair loss, body hair growth and edema.
    Unfortunately for some guys, rogaine has the ability to cause these symptoms as well and throw their bodies out of balance. The solution of course, is the same.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am here because of 5% Kirkland minoxidil for 6 months.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonz View Post
    I am here because of 5% Kirkland minoxidil for 6 months.
    He's not fully familiar with the condition. He's from the old school here when this was strictly a body building site......those were the days.....
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty well versed in hair loss treatments and medication. Rogaine has no effect on male hormones. Minoxidil is a vasodilator, not a 5ar inhibitor.

Finasteride can cause PFS probably because it inhibits the 5ar enzyme. 5ar is responsible not just for DHT production but also other for neurosteroids that can affect your mental state. Patients treated for male pattern hair with finasteride show, after discontinuation of the drug, altered levels of neuroactive steroids in cerebrospinal fluid and plasma - PubMed

There's no evidence that minoxidil can or will have any of the effects of a 5ar.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty well versed in hair loss treatments and medication. Rogaine has no effect on male hormones. Minoxidil is a vasodilator, not a 5ar inhibitor.

Finasteride can cause PFS probably because it inhibits the 5ar enzyme. 5ar is responsible not just for DHT production but also other for neurosteroids that can affect your mental state. Patients treated for male pattern hair with finasteride show, after discontinuation of the drug, altered levels of neuroactive steroids in cerebrospinal fluid and plasma - PubMed

There's no evidence that minoxidil can or will have any of the effects of a 5ar.
    Yes, thank you.

I didn't mean that in anyway to take away from your knowledge.

That being said, there are guys here who are suffering from monoxidil damage. You can source all you want, it doesn't matter.

And yes, not probably on the propecia....definitely.

There are still doctors to this day who act as if propecia wouldn't cause any devastating side effects....Same with monoxidil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minoxidil may suppress androgen receptor-related functions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But what are the thoughts on going on TRT while I do the CDNut's protocol?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashed View Post
    But what are the thoughts on going on TRT while I do the CDNut's protocol?
    My man....it makes ABSOLUTELY no sense to do the protocol while doing TRT. Completely works against what you'd be trying to do. The protocol, essentially is one big giant restart.

And to answer your question, people mention it, but it doesn't make sense to do, so that's why you don't see it.