Quote Originally Posted by Crashed View Post
Crashed from rogaine few years ago got all the pfs symptoms; low libido, low eq, low energy, poor mood, food sensitivities, eczema etc

I've tried a lot of chit and I'm just wondering if it would be safe to do TRT? I've looked through this forum looking for people mentioning doing TRT and no ones said it?

I really wanna get on TRT and see if it works. I did pinepollen and it made me feel almost 80% recovered but then slipped to baseline. Thoughts?
TRT doesn't cure PFS. It only relieves it to an extent while you're on it, if you react fine to it. But TRT itself is a drawback long term because it will shutdown your natural testosterone and progesterone production, as the testes make both. In PFS, this is a big problem because the studies show low levels of progesterone and its metabolites 5a-Dihydroprogesterone and Allopregnanolone in the brain that bind to GABA receptors. The synthesis of those steroids in the brain environment were shutdown and the brain is riding on fumes from what your testes are producing. You shut that down too, you'll feel worse. Additionally, you'd be risking infertility, since FSH tanks too and is needed to stimulate sperm production.

Speaking as someone who has run TRT before, it's not a magic cure to this.