Thread: Advice Needed!

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice Needed!

Hi Guys

I took finasteride 1 mg every other day for 8 days so 4 pills in total in end January. I started getting testicular pain so I quit it (it has been around 20 days now). Since quitting my testicular pain went away but I slowly started developing a bad stomach (diarrhea and constipation) and my appetite is at 2/10. The other bad symptom is I am constantly dizzy and feel weak/fatigued. Recently (few days back) I also noticed a fall in libido and erectile problems. Do you guys think I am on the road to pfs or is there still hope for me to recover naturally? I don't think I experienced a 'crash' as such just developed symptoms along the 20 days. Also do you think its worth starting CD's regimen now, I am not sure if I'll be able to survive the juice feast given I feel dizzy/weak already.

Please help out, quite worried.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimistic View Post
    Hi Guys

I took finasteride 1 mg every other day for 8 days so 4 pills in total in end January. I started getting testicular pain so I quit it (it has been around 20 days now). Since quitting my testicular pain went away but I slowly started developing a bad stomach (diarrhea and constipation) and my appetite is at 2/10. The other bad symptom is I am constantly dizzy and feel weak/fatigued. Recently (few days back) I also noticed a fall in libido and erectile problems. Do you guys think I am on the road to pfs or is there still hope for me to recover naturally? I don't think I experienced a 'crash' as such just developed symptoms along the 20 days. Also do you think its worth starting CD's regimen now, I am not sure if I'll be able to survive the juice feast given I feel dizzy/weak already.

Please help out, quite worried.
    Welcome, optimistic, you need to become more like your nomenclature. I know it's hard but stop worrying about what you're going through, and that will greatly help.

Next what I recommend is starting the recommended diet, i.e. cutting alcohol, processed foods et al.

I'd say wait 1 or 2 months before starting the herbs, or juice feast, as there is a very high chance you'll feel better naturally (statistically speaking), and after a month feel free to reassess the situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you MungYarlon, that does give me some hope. I am so devastated at the moment, I can't believe only four pills did this to me. I am just taking a multi-vitamin everyday, I'm not sure if that will hinder my progress. I am definitely sticking to a healthy diet but there does not seem to be much improvement to be honest, just a waiting game I guess. However if I can help myself now, I surely would.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you MungYarlon, that does give me some hope. I am so devastated at the moment, I can't believe only four pills did this to me. I am just taking a multi-vitamin everyday, I'm not sure if that will hinder my progress. I am definitely sticking to a healthy diet but there does not seem to be much improvement to be honest, just a waiting game I guess. However if I can help myself now, I surely would.
    You'll be fine regardless. Hope implies that this issue you have is out of your hands. It isn't. Look through the different recovery journals, in particular @JoeP26 and @Turnover25. Both were wrecked by side effects and are now doing better everyday. Don't wonder about propeciahelp looking for answers either, that'll only feed into the anxiety. We're gonna be here to help you.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    You'll be fine regardless. Hope implies that this issue you have is out of your hands. It isn't. Look through the different recovery journals, in particular @JoeP26 and @Turnover25. Both were wrecked by side effects and are now doing better everyday. Don't wonder about propeciahelp looking for answers either, that'll only feed into the anxiety. We're gonna be here to help you.
    Nice post.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone have balance issues with this? I feel like my libido and stomach issues are improving, but balance issues not quite. I do have other symptoms such as aches and pains, fatigue but they fluctuate quite a lot. Any input would be appreciated.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone have balance issues with this? I feel like my libido and stomach issues are improving, but balance issues not quite. I do have other symptoms such as aches and pains, fatigue but they fluctuate quite a lot. Any input would be appreciated.
    I didn't have any "balance" issues personally, but I will say if your libido is improving, then you'll probably be in good shape soon. That is normally the very last thing to resolve and it takes the longest. From my experience at least, it was the very last thing to come back.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had balance issues at my worst.

And yeah, libido is usually always the last to come back.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CD, I believe I maybe didn't describe the feeling properly. It's like a 'being high on weed' feeling. It started off with dizziness and now I get this high feeling where it feels like everything is slightly slow, the visual perception is ever so slow. For example, if I see from side to side its exactly like being high, things would move slightly slower. Difficult to describe but I hope you understand what I mean. Are you familiar with this? I haven't heard a lot of people complain about this?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CD, I believe I maybe didn't describe the feeling properly. It's like a 'being high on weed' feeling. It started off with dizziness and now I get this high feeling where it feels like everything is slightly slow, the visual perception is ever so slow. For example, if I see from side to side its exactly like being high, things would move slightly slower. Difficult to describe but I hope you understand what I mean. Are you familiar with this? I haven't heard a lot of people complain about this?
    That was my main symptom. Hard to describe. I talk about the “high on weed”/dream state type brain fog in my thread a lot. It was BAD in the beginning, especially while driving. Things move slow, sounds float around your head like a drug trip. Palinopsia and tracers. I know exactly what you mean. It’s improved slowly throughout my journey, it’ll get better. It’s almost gone for me.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 03-07-2021 at 02:55 PM.