User Tag List

Threaded View

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emotional numbness

Hey guys so I consider myself recovered from PFS. One thing I'm still dealing with though is some sort of emotional numbness. Basically feels like my emotions are being suppressed, like I feel them at only 30% or something. I had this issue a bit pre PFS as well but PFS made it much worse.

It's hard for me to enjoy social situations and feel a connection to people as I don't get that feeling you're supposed to when having a nice conversation. I often feel like I have to fake excitement when talking to people so I don't seem so dull and boring. Also lost my gf of two years recently because of this as I was emotionally distant a lot of the time despite loving her. It was hard for me to "show" her I love her because of the emotional numbness thing. It was really depressing because she was really supportive during my pfs although I can imagine how difficult it can be for someone to understand issues like these unless they experience them themselves.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to improve this naturally? This is the only symptom I'm still dealing with although I can't really remember 100% how I felt pre-PFS but my life is great now other than this lol.

Interestingly nicotine makes this issue go away pretty much completely, though I only take it very sparingly due to it being addictive. So perhaps it's low dopamine or desensitized dopamine receptors? Saw some people on reddit saying going on ADHD meds fixed it but I'd rather not touch pharms
    Last edited by xxaleksi; 02-25-2021 at 04:56 AM.