Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    ..."well then I agree with Maxim..."...
    Wow congrats you found my real name ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    My wisdom tooth have been hurting like hell in the last few days. I was due to have them removed for a couple years but I always waited. I will be going to the dentist this week.

Is a general anasthesia bad in a PFS state? Hell, I remember reading a couple of people that got their PFS better with an anasthesia lol
    Well I'm going under surgery in a week to remove a gyno I had since my teens. I'll tell you how it went, if I don't come back here it means I died in the process... Just kidding.

I know that it is not necessarily the best timing but I have to move along I've been waiting years for this.
    Last edited by Maximilien; 08-27-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    You have to have it done regardless, so don't stress over it. It's not going to wreck all of your gains.
    I ask because I have the option to simply get a local anasthesia. I was conscious for my first 2 removals and I absolutely hated it and told myself I would get the general anasthesia for the 2 upper teeths.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been busting your balls for weeks about tinnitus, and I found interesting stuff that might benefit other people down the line.

First, I learned that estrogen has neuromodulatory and neuroprotective properties, and that low estrogen is linked to tinnitus:
    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...1111/coa.12879

And estrogen plays a role in how the brain interprets and extracts audio information:
    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...1111/coa.12879

My estrogen has been tested way too low in March and June, so this is interesting stuff. Might explain my tinnitus, and sound sensitivity. The problem is, prohormones will lower my estrogen. However, I think the protocol will globally equilibrate my hormones over time.

I am also exploring the Eustachian Tube Dysfunction side, as I have many symptoms (ear crackling, sound sensitivity, tinnitus). I am cutting dairy for 1 month to see if it reduces inflammation, and I have doing ETD stretching exercises and drinking Apple Cider Vinegar diluted in water twice a day.

Overall it is definitely lower than in May, but still too annoying. I am so dedicated to kill this, I'll become the Jimmy Neutron of tinnitus.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had an appointment with a doctor regarding my ears. Completely useless. Told me that fin doesn't cause tinnitus or Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. Said that my ETD is probably allergy related and prescribed a antihistamine nasal spray.

Also refused to give me permission for new bloodwork, because my bloodtests in June were "fine".

Everytime I go to the doctor I feel like I'm so alone with this shit. Good thing I got you guys to be honest.

I really hope the protocol and time will end up fixing my ears.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suicidal thoughts are back. Don't wanna make my family panic so I'm writing here. I thought I was past that point. The ringing in my head is too loud I can't function. In the last 8 months I must've had 5 days where the volume was low. I don't recognize myself and I feel asexual.

At least I know what to do. Cold showers and breathing. I can't give up

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suicidal thoughts are back. Don't wanna make my family panic so I'm writing here. I thought I was past that point. The ringing in my head is too loud I can't function. In the last 8 months I must've had 5 days where the volume was low. I don't recognize myself and I feel asexual.

If you didn’t do anything to cause this downswing just know it’s part of the process. A lot of my most sudden and violent downswings were right before my best upswings.

Put on the blinders, use the pain to keep you focused and go extra savage on the protocol. You’ll come out of it!

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Maximilien's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I definitely relate to this, as little the pain and symptoms are, it can really take your attention 24/7 and stress you out.

The thing is we don't know for sure what cause ETD, so doctors will usually prescribe the holy corticosteroids or anti-histaminic, which work in short term, at best. Be wary of the nasal spray as you could experience a rebound effect which doesn't help at all. When I used it it only made my nose even more full. Do you feel like your sinus are clogged (like you can't inspire fully) along with impaired smelling ? Because in my case my PFS induced rhinitis is likely the cause of my ears problems.

ETD definitely can be hormone related since post-natal and menopausal women sometimes develop this too. But in the end what triggers inflammation most of the time lies in the gut, and we know Fin modulate the microbiome so yeah looking for intolerances and taking care of the gut might be a good thing to do, some people have success when stopping carbs, dairies etc. I might look into antibiotics at some point if doesn't get better.

Yesterday I stumbled upon this video, the guy says that red light therapy cured his ETD -> Heal Your Eustachian Tube Dysfunction | This method cured me in 8 days | Personal Experience - YouTube
    And as scammy the device looks at first, it actually makes sense! I noticed a few days ago, that when I was laying on my side in my hammock under the sun, I had relief of symptoms pretty quickly. And it worked every time. There are actually a few studies on LLLT benefits and some people use it for other painful conditions as well.

He's also saying to take cold showers and drink plenty of water. On a side note you may want to stop supplements for a few days to see if you feel better. There is always room for unexpected interactions.
    For what it worth I ordered the LLLT device he used. If it can help me manage the symptoms until I recover I'll take it!
    Last edited by Maximilien; 08-27-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    If you didn’t do anything to cause this downswing just know it’s part of the process. A lot of my most sudden and violent downswings were right before my best upswings.

Put on the blinders, use the pain to keep you focused and go extra savage on the protocol. You’ll come out of it!
    Thanks Brooks, these messages are huge to put things in perspective when I'm doing bad. Indeed I didn't change shit, so let's hope for an upcoming upswing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilien View Post
    Hi. I definitely relate to this, as little the pain and symptoms are, it can really take your attention 24/7 and stress you out.

The thing is we don't know for sure what cause ETD, so doctors will usually prescribe the holy corticosteroids or anti-histaminic, which work in short term, at best. Be wary of the nasal spray as you could experience a rebound effect which doesn't help at all. When I used it it only made my nose even more full. Do you feel like your sinus are clogged (like you can't inspire fully) along with impaired smelling ? Because in my case my PFS induced rhinitis is likely the cause of my ears problems.

ETD definitely can be hormone related since post-natal and menopausal women sometimes develop this too. But in the end what triggers inflammation most of the time lies in the gut, and we know Fin modulate the microbiome so yeah looking for intolerances and taking care of the gut might be a good thing to do, some people have success when stopping carbs, dairies etc. I might look into antibiotics at some point if doesn't get better.

Yesterday I stumbled upon this video, the guy says that red light therapy cured his ETD -> Heal Your Eustachian Tube Dysfunction | This method cured me in 8 days | Personal Experience - YouTube
    And as scammy the device looks at first, it actually makes sense! I noticed a few days ago, that when I was laying on my side in my hammock under the sun, I had relief of symptoms pretty quickly. And it worked every time. There are actually a few studies on LLLT benefits and some people use it for other painful conditions as well.

He's also saying to take cold showers and drink plenty of water. On a side note you may want to stop supplements for a few days to see if you feel better. There is always room for unexpected interactions.
    For what it worth I ordered the LLLT device he used. If it can help me manage the symptoms until I recover I'll take it!
    No I have no clogged sinuses. Only crackling ears, tinnitus in left ear and hyperacusis. The hyperacusis stops when I yawn (if I yawn when the metro arrives, the sound sensitivity stops).

I agree it's not much but it takes a lot of my focus. I found a book called Rock Steady that talks about forgetting tinnitus through neuroplasticity and ignoring it. I will read it and update this thread lol

I agree I read a lot of stuff about the gut. I think protocol will fix that. Meanwhile I might take a probiotic and kefir

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey man, I've been there too. I have freaked my parents out, multiple times. Go hug your mom. You will get better, it does have an end.

I experience insane pulsatile tinnitus in both my ears at random, where all of a sudden I'm temporarily deaf, and then a really loud ringing begins. Sometimes it lasts for 30 seconds, sometimes it lasts for 3 hours. It almost always marks the beginning of a downswing. I'm fortunate in this regard, as it's never stuck around any longer than that. The length of time between these episodes continually increases, and the downswings that follow are shorter and less intense. I'm sure you've tried everything, but I have always found that belly breathing and pushing it out of my mind significantly reduces the tinnitus and shortens it's duration. Keep that up. I don't want to come across condescending, but how many times a day do you plug a finger in your ear to check how the ringing is going? If you do, don't. It will only reinforce your condition and the aspect of stress that is contributing to it. I've come to truly appreciate the power of background stress, the kind that tricks you into thinking you have a handle on it, when in reality, the very act of giving it any consideration at all is the only thing that it needs to hinder your progress. I learned this with my HRV and resting HR. After fin, my HRV tanked to almost zero and stayed there for a long time. My resting HR jumped from 40 to 65 (these aren't exact, I'd have to go look at my log) and stayed there. I bought a whoop and an aura ring and tracked it every day. It only continued to get worse, and it was demoralizing, depressing, and it was always there. Eventually I said fuck it, its fucked and I'm done. I threw the whoop and aura in the trash and moved on to something else. Within two weeks, both returned to normal. My resting HR is back in the 40s, and I don't know what my HRV is but I don't care to check and I know it's probably back to what it was before fin. I can feel it in the mornings when I wake up. My heart isn't a fast and steady coke heart anymore; it's a variable, heavy horse heart. I wasn't doing anything differently except for not tracking it.

Anyways, this isn't my arena. It's not something I have to deal with everyday, so "pushing it out of your mind" is not an easy task, I know. If I can give you anything, its support and the reassurance that you will overcome this. All the best.