User Tag List

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should I redo another 7 day fast?

I didn't buldge from the protocol since March, but I did have a setback with the B complex that made me crash. I thought 3 days were enough for a reset, but CD's comment made me doubt. So good enough or I should do 7?

I ask because I would start it this week, so I can be good before my exams. I have never been more motivated to crush the protocol so I don't want to fuck up any aspect.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ate a lot of beef on Tuesday and it made me recrash. Extreme anxiety, tingling limbs and inability to fall asleep before 6AM two nights in a row. Waterfast sure helped but still, eversince that B complex, anything with a lot of B vitamins makes me recrash. Pretty sure I have the paradoxical folate deficiency Turnover had.

I'm hopping on a 7 day waterfast, after which I will completely avoid anything with a lot of B vitamins. It's hard mentally to have PFS, hyperacusis and this bullshit folate deficiency but the only way is forward. I'm gonna keep pushing or die trying

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatsup guys,

I'm at day #2.5 of my waterfast. I'm kind of fucked but I just wanted to say I have hope. I went on PH to read stories about B12 because I'm pretty sure I developed paradoxical folate deficiency just like T25. This place is a mess. Just reading a couple threads momentarily convinced me I was doomed.

It made me realize how I'm lucky to have found this board, where we got OG's like CD, Maxout and Mastermal still dropping by to help. And among the active ones, Turnover, Ratchet, Maximilien, Jado, Hope, and others I'm forgetting with my fasted brain. Bunch of great dudes. Without this place, I honestly think I would've done something terrible. I know on certain occasions I sound obsessive on my symptoms. I think too much, and I appreciate people helping me despite that. I'm working on that. This is so far from who I normally am.

I will beat this bullshit. It might take me another 1, 2 or 3 years but one day I'll be back. With 7 months of protocol I nuked my mental symptoms and improved my sexual, going from a legit 15% in February to 80% in August. I can do it again, and beyond. I can beat my folate problem, and heal my hyperacusis with time.

Anyway, just wanted to show some love and encourage you to keep pushing. I now realize that there is no need to dwell on the past, and to imagine scenarios where I didn't take that pill. I have to look forward. As CD said in an old thread, there's a reason why the windshield is bigger than the rearview mirror.

Much love guys, one day this will be a bad memory. And when it will be, I look forward to grabbing a beer with some of you if I ever go on vacation near you. We're strangers on a forum but I currently share more with you than anyone else.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man, you’re going to get through this, one way or another. Time smooths volatility, and you still have some time to go.

I’m now 2+ years in/out of this, and I feel closer to normalcy than ever, sometimes to my own detriment now (tequila sodas and puff bars).

It doesn’t happen overnight, but things can start to swing in the right direction quickly and out of nowhere. The interesting thing about it: it happens subtly too. Progress here reminds me of the classic navy seal expression, “slow is smooth, smooth is fast”. I started to see this trend ~1.5 years. Then I hit my UH run and it seemed to carry my momentum forward.

You’ll still have some intense downswings, but let them pass and do your best to not to let them discourage you. Sometimes holding your ground is just as good as moving forward.

And don’t forget how powerful the mind is – I think it’s what most of us need to ultimately sort out.

I’ll gladly have that beer with you if you’re ever in the states. Take it easy & take care.

Ratchet

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet_V2 View Post
    Hey man, you’re going to get through this, one way or another. Time smooths volatility, and you still have some time to go.

I’m now 2+ years in/out of this, and I feel closer to normalcy than ever, sometimes to my own detriment now (tequila sodas and puff bars).

It doesn’t happen overnight, but things can start to swing in the right direction quickly and out of nowhere. The interesting thing about it: it happens subtly too. Progress here reminds me of the classic navy seal expression, “slow is smooth, smooth is fast”. I started to see this trend ~1.5 years. Then I hit my UH run and it seemed to carry my momentum forward.

You’ll still have some intense downswings, but let them pass and do your best to not to let them discourage you. Sometimes holding your ground is just as good as moving forward.

And don’t forget how powerful the mind is – I think it’s what most of us need to ultimately sort out.

I’ll gladly have that beer with you if you’re ever in the states. Take it easy & take care.

Ratchet
    You're a real one Ratchet. I agree mindset is key. This waterfast is giving me crazy mental clarity, and I understand I have to be positive, work my ass off and stop stressing over details. Even if we fuckup by eating something or whatever, it's not permanent and we will still end up seeing the finish line one day.

Keep it up I'm rooting for you, looking forward to seeing you in the recovery post

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question, are chickpeas ok?

Since March I always ate cucumbers and bellpeppers with hummus (made from chickpeas). I thought anything within meats and fruits/veggies but I read some people here avoid it. Any other fruits/veggies I should avoid in regards to TMO?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TMO simply says "vegetables". If avoiding beans and chickpeas could give me an extra edge, I would take it

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Officially a year since I crashed, it's crazy how this date evokes more emotion than my own birthday. At this time last year, I was completely decimated on all aspects, and genuinely thought my life was over.

But fuck dwelling on it, I feel like celebrating it. I made huge strides in the last year. The difference between February and September was astonishing. Yeah I took a lot of steps back with that B complex and that dentist but fuck it, I can come back to my September baseline. My body is still adjusting from the waterfast, but I am more motivated that ever to crush this thing.

I read Damn's post regarding the importance of managing stress, and I've been doubling down on breathing exercises and meditation. For the last week, no matter how bad my symptoms are, I've been living in the present, and enjoying small stuff rather than dwellling on memories or stressing over the future. I will keep it that way. What are my other choices? Die? Do nothing and hope? Fuck that, I'm all in with this shit.

Consider this my second introduction post. From now on, I will be coming here for questions or good vibes only. I made a bucketlist board in my room where everyday I write something I will do when this is over. Damn, when I recover I will be a danger for society. I'll be sipping gin tonics on a yacht with Victoria Secrets top models. My thread might be 100 pages long by the time I recover but I don't care. One day this thread will have a picture of me on that yacht, I swear. We'll see for the models.

Happy birthday PFS, I'm gonna knock you the fuck out

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Officially a year since I crashed, it's crazy how this date evokes more emotion than my own birthday. At this time last year, I was completely decimated on all aspects, and genuinely thought my life was over.

But fuck dwelling on it, I feel like celebrating it. I made huge strides in the last year. The difference between February and September was astonishing. Yeah I took a lot of steps back with that B complex and that dentist but fuck it, I can come back to my September baseline. My body is still adjusting from the waterfast, but I am more motivated that ever to crush this thing.

I read Damn's post regarding the importance of managing stress, and I've been doubling down on breathing exercises and meditation. For the last week, no matter how bad my symptoms are, I've been living in the present, and enjoying small stuff rather than dwellling on memories or stressing over the future. I will keep it that way. What are my other choices? Die? Do nothing and hope? Fuck that, I'm all in with this shit.

Consider this my second introduction post. From now on, I will be coming here for questions or good vibes only. I made a bucketlist board in my room where everyday I write something I will do when this is over. Damn, when I recover I will be a danger for society. I'll be sipping gin tonics on a yacht with Victoria Secrets top models. My thread might be 100 pages long by the time I recover but I don't care. One day this thread will have a picture of me on that yacht, I swear. We'll see for the models.

Happy birthday PFS, I'm gonna knock you the fuck out
    I’m 2.5 years in, my advice is don’t cheat. If I could go back to my 1 year mark and tell myself anything, it’d be just keep it straight and narrow. You don’t want to be in my position wishing you didn’t start cheating once you felt a little better, I’d be recovered by now. I took that bullet for ya pal.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I’m 2.5 years in, my advice is don’t cheat. If I could go back to my 1 year mark and tell myself anything, it’d be just keep it straight and narrow. You don’t want to be in my position wishing you didn’t start cheating once you felt a little better, I’d be recovered by now. I took that bullet for ya pal.
    I'm on it chief. Haven't cheated since I started, but wasn't consistent with meditation/pumping/noPMO. I will be 100% all in from now on, I'll be the David Goggins of PFS.