User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great read and info and I agree with DJM that's the stupid high protien diets got started by the supp companies and that's why all the forum pros think its the way to go.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked out John Meadows website. I'll be taking a closer look as time goes. The lean out program (12 weeks ) is $600, but damn it am I interested in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    I checked out John Meadows website. I'll be taking a closer look as time goes. The lean out program (12 weeks ) is $600, but damn it am I interested in it.
    Was just going back threw this thread for food ideas and noticed your post.

If you want to talk yourself into buying it think of it as 200 a month or 50 a week 50 bucks a week sounds cheap to me and if it works and leans you out its a priceless gift or treat to yourself!!

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good way of thinking about it Scope^.
    We'll see how Dec/Jan goes. So far I am down in weight, so that is a good start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    It's a good way of thinking about it Scope^.
    We'll see how Dec/Jan goes. So far I am down in weight, so that is a good start.
    That's the way I get myself to buy things that seem like a lot but in reality when its broke down into smaller payments it seems more affordable.
    More power to you if you do it all on your own and if you do that you'll have 600 extra to buy new clothes or supps.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    noa, from what i get you are 50-55lbs over your target weight.....im sure you can get alot closer to 220 via better food choices and consistency before you spend 6bills, then when you are 10-15lbs away id go for meadows' plan if you are still interested

i do get that a 600$ plan makes you accountable i guess......but with the pains you experience that should be enough big guy

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    noa, from what i get you are 50-55lbs over your target weight.....im sure you can get alot closer to 220 via better food choices and consistency before you spend 6bills, then when you are 10-15lbs away id go for meadows' plan if you are still interested

i do get that a 600$ plan makes you accountable i guess......but with the pains you experience that should be enough big guy
    I completely agree. While I am all for hiring a coach (I was planning on hiring Matt until some financial changes made it not so feasible), It would do you alot better to utilize something of that nature after you have achieved a certain amount of weight loss. You know alot about this game from chilling on the boards, put some of it to work.

Another suggestion I would do. Cut back on your supplements. You seem to have a real impulse approach towards supplement usage. I would suggest cutting back to just some protein sources (and your joint formula, since pain sucks). Put the rest of the money into consistent weekly groceries, and set a goal for yourself to prepare all meals and not eat out. Bring yourself back into the gym, and maintain your jj training. You will be suprised how much you can achieve in terms of results from that alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post

1000% agree with this!!!
    I was 330+ and Ive been as low as 191 just this past week and I did it all by myself and it took a lot of reading, trial and error. Diet and nutrition should be a top priority right now and then get the training right. I lost some weight before I started lifting and when I added in cardio and resistance training the weight just flew off.
    I try and only eat what I cook and keep the eating out to once a week and then its still meat and veggies.

You can do it without a coach no problem plus you have this forum and everyone here wants to see each other do good and are more than willing to help.
    Last edited by Scope75; 12-18-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Mark dugdale offseason diet/program w/john meadows

Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post

You can do it without a coach no problem plus you have this forum and everyone here wants to see each other do good and are more than willing to help.
    This. There is no magical "system". I've seen people gain weight while on reduction plans. The food choices might be dialed in, but then they can't push themselves away from the table. This is going to take consistent, daily effort. The only guy stopping you is the guy in the mirror. No supplement or system will ever take the place of self-imposed motivation to a goal.

Scope is dead on when he says you are already in an environment here where people want to see you succeed. Why don't you start logging this journey? We'd all come along on the journey, make recommendations, encourage you efforts, and be straight with you when you were off track.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, noa you just gotta suck it up man, youll be amazed at what 10wks of good eating and your bjj training will do.....iv seen you recently post/comment bout my eating which is far from perfect btw, and you referring to being lazy bout food and easier to order and eat out........your answer is there.....meadows cant change that

hts made a point iv always noticed but never commented, most guys 30+ yrs old get the buying the fancy new supp out of their system and go basic......you are still grabbing anything that comes down the pipeline and you gotta know they dont work, and if you think they do its you wanting them more than they really are working...........hts is right, spend on food

im gonna be a asshole here, i dont think you wanna lose it as bad as you say/think seeing iv known you a couple years and its been a couple years you have struggled with this.........you gotta think about your body bud, its slowly showing wear and tear cause of the weight, take care of yourself......i speak from exp, my friend is 6'1 265 , somehow even smaller than you, amazing shape from crossfit and mma (spars at tristar with the team even), but his ankles are shot....hes on a perpetual diet it seems but cant lose more than 5 without adding 10.....he knows it, says he wants to get down to 225, but will go slam a 12 and pig out every other night

not saying you do that, just saying instead of saying it, get it done, for your health......you could save money on the joint stuff then as you wont need them

good luck big guy, anyone who knows you more thna just the forums, knows you are a great guy, fkn teddy bear, and we all want you to fkn get this done