User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best protein powder for those with whey allergy?

Nearing the end of my months-old pea-protein powder, which was really the only daily/semi-daily thing breaking my paleo diet to begin with (even prior to being on protocol), but seeing as I'm on this regimen now, and trying to do things "by the book," I would like any advice on what I should use instead of pea protein.
    My whey allergy is mild, with the only symptom being what I would describe as a discomforting itchy feeling inside my mouth, but clearly not something I should be imbibing. For whatever it's worth, I never had this reaction to other dairy products.
    Is pea protein a harmless enough substance despite its being non-paleo? Anything better out there?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try egg whites or egg white crystals. (Obviously this isn’t a protein powder though.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    You could try egg whites or egg white crystals. (Obviously this isn’t a protein powder though.)
    That's actually a great idea I'd not considered. It did cause me to google-stumble onto egg white protein powder,however, which I didnt even realize existed. Looks like I'd have to use more of it than I use of pea protein to reach my 50g, but looks like a winner. Thanks!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    This is your best idea^^^^^^
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goat Whey Protein Concentrate, Grass-fed BCAA Supplement | Mt. Capra

This stuff is the the tits. I know it’s whey, but it’s sourced from A2 dairy and considered hypoallergenic. I found that to be true, considering I would always feel the bloat and itchy feeling you referred to when using standard whey proteins. It’s also delicious and the BCAA profile is better than standard whey IMO. Worth a sample.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet_V2 View Post
    Goat Whey Protein Concentrate, Grass-fed BCAA Supplement | Mt. Capra

This stuff is the the tits. I know it’s whey, but it’s sourced from A2 dairy and considered hypoallergenic. I found that to be true, considering I would always feel the bloat and itchy feeling you referred to when using standard whey proteins. It’s also delicious and the BCAA profile is better than standard whey IMO. Worth a sample.
    Another great idea! I actually was given goats milk as an infant because apparently the regular baby formulas incited colic. I ordered an egg white protein powder few days back, but may experiment with these other alternatives in the future. Thanks, all