Hybrid View

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zonz's recovery journal

Hello!

I've decided to finally make one of these recovery journals. I try not to focus on my symptoms too much, however, since I'm a bit of a unique case, I've decided to make one anyways to detail my journey on this protocol.

I got PFS back in July 2019 on 5% Kirkland Minoxidil. I started Minoxidil in Jan 2019 and noticed in June 2019 it was giving me skin problems and also slightly turning me mentally INSANE. I noticed in the week after stopping minoxidil cold-turkey, I returned to my normal self, my skin had a glow again, and I was no longer trying to start fights with everyone. (including the trash bin when it wouldn't close properly) Even my mom took note of this, hell, everyone around me noticed I was back to my normal self for that one week, and honestly, it felt amazing. Nostalgic, almost, after having struggled with health issues for almost 3 years. However, after 5 days of stopping minoxidil I noticed the symptoms creeping back, and eventually I woke up one day and had full blown PFS. The anger problems were back. My skin was dry and peeling again. And I had a whole list of sexual and physical issues which were newly developed.

I'm not going to list my symptoms, because they're the same as everyone else's. Minoxidil is a topical antiandrogen pharmaceutical I applied on my head for 6 months, it should be no surprise that I have PFS. Name a PFS symptom, I have it.

After browsing PropeciaHelp for almost a year, and trying several different therapeutic efforts to no avail, I stumbled upon the TotalMaleOptimization website via a link from CDNuts' 2013 thread. I already knew some of the information, such as avoiding xenoestrogens, but I had yet to apply it to my lifestyle holistically in the way that it's laid out on the website. In October 2020, I started the protocol (lightly) and have gradually added in the supplements and grown accustomed to the breathing exercises, cold showers, meditation, and everything else the protocol demands of me. Around February 2021 is when I started doing the protocol at 100%, and February 15th I started my first UltraHard cycle.

I have a checklist in my phone that lists most of the parts of the protocol, and I check them off as I complete them.

Diet
    Exercise
    Daily Supplements
    Herbs/UltraHard
    Xenoestrogens
    Sleep

Cold Shower
    Meditation
    Breathing (2x a day 3 rounds of wim hof)
    Sun Exposure
    Masturbation
    Skin Brushing

That's 12 parts of the protocol, with "sun exposure" including both the "boys" and the body, and breathing having to be done twice a day to get checked off. There is no pumping because quite frankly, my mom would kill me. But maybe I'll add that once I go off to college. "Masturbation" gets checked off if I DON'T masturbate.

I look forward to updating this semi-weekly as I detail my journey. Hopefully writing down my experiences will help some people.

As of 3/5/21, I'm halfway through my UltraHard cycle, having a bit of a downturn, although on 3/3/21 I was amazing. It seems a bit inconsistent in improving my sides. Maybe I'll have to wait for my second cycle to see any persistent benefits, but regardless, I'm going to keep at it. I've also started wearing only 100% cotton clothing because I read up that polyester clothing contains BPA and Parabens which get released into your skin as your body temperature heats up. Plus, cotton clothing looks and feels better anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to note is that I've failed to to a long term fast yet. I can't juice feast and my longest water fast was 3 1/2 days. But this upcoming spring break I am aiming for a 10 day water fast.

I've still felt many benefits of the protocol despite this.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonz View Post
    Another thing to note is that I've failed to to a long term fast yet. I can't juice feast and my longest water fast was 3 1/2 days. But this upcoming spring break I am aiming for a 10 day water fast.

I've still felt many benefits of the protocol despite this.
    You're young. You'll bounce back quicker then most.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    You're young. You'll bounce back quicker then most.
    Hope so.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope so.
    You do everything recommended here......I know so.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished my first 28 day UltraHard cycle. Only times where I felt better than usual were the first few days and the 3rd week from about March 8- March 13. Everything besides that I just felt at baseline.

But on March 14th I kind of hurt my hip while doing squats and have felt pretty depressed since then. I think I’m gonna eat more carbs next few days to heal it up then do a 5-7 day fast over spring break.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finished my first 28 day UltraHard cycle. Only times where I felt better than usual were the first few days and the 3rd week from about March 8- March 13. Everything besides that I just felt at baseline.

But on March 14th I kind of hurt my hip while doing squats and have felt pretty depressed since then. I think I’m gonna eat more carbs next few days to heal it up then do a 5-7 day fast over spring break.
    Typical. Congrats on having your first cycle under your belt!

FYI, the third week is typically when all of a sudden you can "feel" the cycle for many men.

Try and avoid complicated or very technical lifts unless you work with a trainer. Strictly for the purpose of avoiding injury, which, can set you back. You can still blast your legs without doing squats or deads......you gotta make sure your form is SOLID with those.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Typical. Congrats on having your first cycle under your belt!

FYI, the third week is typically when all of a sudden you can "feel" the cycle for many men.

Try and avoid complicated or very technical lifts unless you work with a trainer. Strictly for the purpose of avoiding injury, which, can set you back. You can still blast your legs without doing squats or deads......you gotta make sure your form is SOLID with those.....
    Yeah man, I was leaning forward a bit too much doing weighted squats. And injuries definitely set me back, probably due to the increase in inflammation or whatever.

Live and learn, I guess. Going to up my carb intake so it can heal, take it easy on the exercise, and do a 3-4 day water fast just to clean everything out over spring break.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah man, I was leaning forward a bit too much doing weighted squats. And injuries definitely set me back, probably due to the increase in inflammation or whatever.

Live and learn, I guess. Going to up my carb intake so it can heal, take it easy on the exercise, and do a 3-4 day water fast just to clean everything out over spring break.
    Man....I'm digging the fact that alot of you new guys have no qualms with jumping on a quick cleanse......wasn't like that five years ago.....getting a guy to cleanse was like pulling teeth. You new guys just get on it......one thing I've noticed over the years. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo, CD, I failed myself and I ate gluten. Should I do a quick 24-48 hour fast to clean it out? Feel like crap atm.