Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Yea I recently upped my theanine dose and It's been really helpful. I figure I take around 200mg in the morning with coffee and 300-400mg in the evening. Props for sticking to your guns for 2 years man. I just passed my 1 year anniversary and subconsciously I probably hoped it would have been over by now. Lend me your strength!

Not sure if theanine actually refills neurotransmitters though. Its a partial agonist for the glutamate receptors, meaning it actually fills the 'activating' role in your brain, only with less strength than glutamate, so in the end your brain is less wired. So it sort of acts like a benzo would in a twisted way, albeit a fair bit less powerful and without the downregulation of receptors.
Haha well, my first 6 months were complete turmoil, drank a lot to mask my condition, all that, the first year on the protocol was a mix of being strict, cheating, a ton of random crashes and set backs, experimenting, now the past 6 months or so were very strict and I plan on sticking to this until I recover, and even after as well.

But yeah I could see that, I don’t think the point is to depend on theanine to necessarily fix your neurotransmitters for good, but to just calm your mind while your body fixed itself behind the scenes. I wonder about it as well, and that’s the conclusion I’ve come to from reading CD’s site over and over. It can act like a benzo in my case as sometimes I get so relaxed I don’t even want to do anything, another reason I take it in moderation. Could be worse! Haha. But for real, everything else in conjunction of the protocol is going to fix the things you’re currently worried about.