Quote Originally Posted by PashaSolid View Post
Haha merely a fraction of the time you’ve put in my brother, just trying to give back the good that was given to me best I can.

For sure man I’m with you fully on the neurosteroids being because of fin, like you the mental/nervous sides were my worst, the fear, anxiety, Depersonalization, derealization, depression, brain fog, anhedonia and disconnect. It was the biggest relief when I started recovering from these sides last fall and still continuing now. Being able to wake up and love life again, that zest and curiosity for life man I just don’t even know if I can ever put it into words. Not sure if you remember a thread I started few months back about me regaining that connection to the world and zest for life again that myself, yourself and Turnover and LetsGo chimed in on, about smelling things in the environment and feeling that connection again. What interested me from this post was OPs mention of pundendal neuropathy which was interesting, something I’ll look into.

Right now I’m doing better than I ever thought was possible when I first crashed 2 years ago. To be brief I’d put myself at a solid 40-50 percent right now. I know it might not sound like much, but man this is worlds better fuck that *galaxies* better than the suicidal, shaky, dark , meek shadow, hermit crab mess I was initially. The biggest gains have been mental with slight but noticeable sexual gains mainly involving sperm quality and libido. Still got a ways to go but it’s working man, life’s improved significantly. I’ll start my own thread to serve my due diligence back to the community and help other dudes out.

Forgive me P.J for my rambling bro, hope my response motivated you somewhat, it gets better. I don’t usually check this forum too often but I came across your post and a bell went off in my head, had to say something.

Forgot to also mention that the discoloration in the glans has completely subsided and the pressure in perineum area drastically diminished. The penile pain is present only if I over do it sexually. The glans hypersensitivity is still present but that has decreased as well
Wow. Man, PashaSolid, I can't tell you how much your post means to me. It's very reassuring to hear that someone else (and perhaps others) have experienced similar symptoms and seen improvement with them. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. I think this will help my mindset. I had no issues with any reproductive organs pre fin (i.e., no pelvic injuries - though i am having a CT scan in June to see if there are any issues they can detect). I'm actually doing a fertility test next week (mostly just for peace of mind - I'm assuming I'll be okay on this front since i seem to be able to ejaculate normal quantities) and some bloods to see what my hormone levels are like. Since I haven't really lost any muscle or weight I assumed my testosterone would be more or less fine but I don't know too much about testosterone, so I'll have to look into this more.. CD, I will keep you posted in terms of my testosterone levels once i get my results!

In terms of nerve damage - there is a study that found that people with PFS and severe ED, in particular, exhibited pudendal neuropathy - this doesnt mean nerve pain but instead that the signals weren't firing properly (or something along those lines); nonetheless, it suggests to me that finasteride could affect the pudendal nerve and lots of the pain sympoms i'm experienceing seem to be aligned with pudendal nerve pain.

Anyway, although my symptoms arent classic PFS, the fact that all of this emerged about a month or so in after taking fin seems way too coincidental; the docs don't seem to think it's finasteride related but they also haven't offered ANY compelling alternative explanations.. (i don't have any infections or STIs)