User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DPDR - Derealization, Stress, Anxiety

Hey guys, sorry to start a new thread, I just thought it would be good for other people to search/read.

I got a bad DPDR a month ago, it was after a crash I had. I would like to ask the recovered guys specially.

I feel like my racing thoughts gets to a point that I can't get a real solution to the thoughts (I mean, it's like a mathematic that my brain can't solve and keeps thinking and running over and over) and when this gets too fast I get a headeache (my head starts to burn) sometimes I feel dizzy, with fear and when its too strong I get derealization (like I feel I'm going crazy) and it seems like everything around me gets non sense, I feel like schizofreniac (but I also read online that derealization can cause this and that's totally normal, and the difference from real schizofrenia is that you realize it's not your normal self and it decrease with time)

So yesterday I had to work too much (more than 10 hours in front of a computer) and got stressed out and got the racing thoughts and a bit of derealization (very week though and I rapidly resolve it by breathing, getting calm etc).

What I would like to know is if you guys had this in the past (it's kinda new to me) and if you guys solved this too.

I guess it's related to cortisol and allopregnenalone I also take blue vervain when this happens.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this from time to time. Always seems to last a few days to a week. I don’t think it is necessarily hormone related at it’s root but just anxiety. Breath work or meditation does help but not in a instant fix kind of way. Do your best to calm down as much as you can and be mindful. It peters out slowly if you avoid stress.

Try not to worry about it, easier said than done I know, but worrying will only make it worse. It’s a completely normal effect from severe anxiety that countless other people experience around the world. Even the ones that have never touched pharms.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for your reply Mojo but I really think its something related to our PFS, because after that episode last month I noticed that after practicing some breathing and light exercises that disappeared and my sleep got better, but that happened again yesterday (very mild though). And maybe it's that our body can't handle stress, fear and our allopregnenolone is so low that we panick.

It was intense like I would feel actual pain in my head like my brain was broke, but I'm fine now, shit it scary regardless. Blue Vervain helps a bit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that it is not clear what is happening exactly to us def makes it scary and easy to lay blame for everything that goes wrong. But pretty much every single person out there that has an anxiety disorder has low allo levels.
    Newest line of anti depressants in development are now focus targeting allo instead of serotonin for this reason.

I used to think all my panic, insomnia, stress tolerance, racing thoughts etc were PFS related but then I realize I’ve been under non stop mental stress/agony for over a year. Your body doesn’t just recover from that over a few good nights of sleep. And then when problems linger it’s easy to look at PFS as the main culprit, when at least a very large part is selfperpetuated.

We’re all on the anxiety express train. It’s a very long ride with a lot of fucking weird sights out the window. But there is an end station.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    The fact that it is not clear what is happening exactly to us def makes it scary and easy to lay blame for everything that goes wrong. But pretty much every single person out there that has an anxiety disorder has low allo levels.
    Newest line of anti depressants in development are now focus targeting allo instead of serotonin for this reason.

I used to think all my panic, insomnia, stress tolerance, racing thoughts etc were PFS related but then I realize I’ve been under non stop mental stress/agony for over a year. Your body doesn’t just recover from that over a few good nights of sleep. And then when problems linger it’s easy to look at PFS as the main culprit, when at least a very large part is selfperpetuated.

We’re all on the anxiety express train. It’s a very long ride with a lot of fucking weird sights out the window. But there is an end station.
    True, but the reason your anxiety and racing thoughts are so bad IS because of neurosteroid depletion from pfs. I would "wake up" (not like I really slept) with just some random song playing in my head...non stop....every morning.....it was maddening. And usually it wouldn't even be a good song.....lol.

Breathing, exercise, and calming supps are your most immediate remedies. Long term though on the protocol and this goes away, as does everything else.

And it is clear what is happening to you/us.....pfs my friend. We know why, and we know how to fix it.

God knows what the side effects of those pharms will be. That's the thing with pharms......ALWAYS got to pay the piper.....there is no free lunch.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 03-21-2021 at 11:34 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    True, but the reason your anxiety and racing thoughts are so bad IS because of neurosteroid depletion from pfs. I would "wake up" (not like I really slept) with just some random song playing in my head...non stop....every morning.....it was maddening. And usually it wouldn't even be a good song.....lol.

Breathing, exercise, and calming supps are your most immediate remedies. Long term though on the protocol and this goes away, as does everything else.

And it is clear what is happening to you/us.....pfs my friend. We know why, and we know how to fix it.

God knows what the side effects of those pharms will be. That's the thing with pharms......ALWAYS got to pay the piper.....there is no free lunch.
    I’ve had random songs playing in my head non stop for about 2 weeks, it’s kinda driving me insane. I thought that was gone forever but it creeped its ugly head again, thinking it’ll just take some time to go away again. Weird stuff

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I’ve had random songs playing in my head non stop for about 2 weeks, it’s kinda driving me insane. I thought that was gone forever but it creeped its ugly head again, thinking it’ll just take some time to go away again. Weird stuff
    It will......eventually
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    It will......eventually
    I can “change” the song so to speak, so I try to pick a quiet one to pretend it isn’t there lol

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I can “change” the song so to speak, so I try to pick a quiet one to pretend it isn’t there lol
    Mine would be blatantly obnoxious in my head......wanted to slam it against the wall......or sometimes it would be just a piece of the song, like the chorus, or bridge, but over and over and over again.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, i thought i was the only one! Every morning i wake up with the most random song playing on loop in my head lol. Probably a gaba thing