User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    because most folks are un-fkn-educated and will believe anything, so if they are told weed is bad and kills brian cells and so on they believe it and parrot it, sorta like the bro-science in the training community
    legalize it across the board, tax it, and reinvest in the healthcare system

tobacco usage led to 400k deaths in the us in 2011
    marijuana 0
    oddly its the cigs that are legal, mmmm wonder why? and like math said his grandpa would have benefited, ahhhh but bayer n pfizer and the like would have none of that

Shit drives me crazy lol. I'll keep my pissed off rant to my dogs ears and spare you all lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Then eat a brownie.
    This

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Vaporize that shit!!
    This too
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    but methyl tren in ur stomach? ludicrous
    And zing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Tinctures.
    Lol that's asking for trouble lol.

So speaking on all of this. My training partners dad is on his second go around with stage 4 colon cancer in his lungs... He beat it the first time around when he only had 3 months to live. This time he is back on chemo and using pot to keep his sanity, appetite, and functionality. Yesterday was his treatment day and the first day he tried brownies.... Lets just say he had half a brownie today and was in the gym pulling 225 for reps then a 315 solo pull. He is 63 I think, +/- 1 year. But if it wasn't for the weed he wouldn't be in the gym, he wouldn't be over 200 pounds. Wish these naysayers would see what it's like for him.

Fuck I should do a documentary on this. Lol.
    Last edited by Mr_math; 12-13-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you all take this the right way. I do not mean to offend, nor do I associate you guys with the descriptions below.

Educate me a little bit, guys. I've never smoked weed in my life. I've been against it's recreational use for the sheer purpose that everyone I knew or met over the years who used it was an idiot. They all had the same "pot smoker" laugh. They had very little critical thinking skills, i.e. cause and effect and bad judgement. They were all "losers" in my mind and going nowhere in life.

So help me understand. Were these guys just losers to begin with, who chose to smoke? Did the MJ have nothing to do with this at all? Or is this a characteristic of an abuser vs an occasional user? I know that those of you on this board who smoke do not strike me as being the least bit similar to those I have interacted with in the past.

Medical needed MJ is a non-issue for me. Doctors prescribe vicodin, oxycontin and even cocaine. All of which alter someones state. I see MJ or the THC in it as very much the same.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    I hope you all take this the right way. I do not mean to offend, nor do I associate you guys with the descriptions below.

Educate me a little bit, guys. I've never smoked weed in my life. I've been against it's recreational use for the sheer purpose that everyone I knew or met over the years who used it was an idiot. They all had the same "pot smoker" laugh. They had very little critical thinking skills, i.e. cause and effect and bad judgement. They were all "losers" in my mind and going nowhere in life.

So help me understand. Were these guys just losers to begin with, who chose to smoke? Did the MJ have nothing to do with this at all? Or is this a characteristic of an abuser vs an occasional user? I know that those of you on this board who smoke do not strike me as being the least bit similar to those I have interacted with in the past.

Medical needed MJ is a non-issue for me. Doctors prescribe vicodin, oxycontin and even cocaine. All of which alter someones state. I see MJ or the THC in it as very much the same.
    They were idiots before. I do not consider myself an idiot or a burnout. I have a job that I am very proud of, and on a career path that I consider well accomplished for my age. I will also (hopefully, there was some further discussion with my boss yesterday) be heading to law school soon. I used to use marijuana much more heavily, and now use it recreationally here and there. It is a nice relaxant. There are plenty of intoxicants that are used and considered "ok" by our society. Cigarettes and Alcohol are the primary examples. Both have notorious addition rates, yearly death rates, are tied to numerous diseases, etc..

Marijauna? Nothing. Never a death from it. Disease? None, in fact, it provides a benefit to many suffering from diseases. Kills brain cells? No. The study that claims this used a suffocation approach with marijuana smoke on monkeys. The monkeys were not able to breath during a test, and thus had brain cell death. Alcohol is commonly associated with violence. Fights in bars, domestic abuse, etc... Not Marijuana. The biggest crime is the amount of cheetos I can put down in a night. Addition? Not chemical dependency. Not saying there is no addition potential, but I would classify the potential the same as steroids.

You know that the "losers" smoke based on how they act. What you don't realize is there are plenty of people around you that you have no idea smoke. I have actually mentioned it to every doctor that has ever asked me. None have had a complaint, and one even admitted to his own recreational usage, and we entered into a discussion on legalization and the failures of the drug war. He also happens to be one of the most intelligent (in terms of his profession) doctors I have ever spoken to.

If you are an angry person normally, you will be an angry person on steroids.

If you are a loser normally, you will be a loser on marijuana.

There are actually alot of similar issues with the rights steroid users seek (and the subsequent media lies) and the marijuana legalization movement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't agree more with h2s.

It's hard to actually answer this one through typing for me.. Lots of variables .

I'll let the more eloquent ones like H2s answer haha.

And I'm not high right now....
    Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great points. You don't have to convince me on the arguments of MJ vs alcohol or MJ vs tobacco. Those other compounds are clear cut in their effects.

As I said, I never confused any of you guys with the "losers" I had met in years gone by. And to be honest, getting to know all of you guys on this board who do partake in MJ have really opened my eyes to the amount of people, very functional and successful or success-oriented people who use the compound. You are right in saying that there's no telling how many users I actually do know and deal with regularly. Apparently it's the idiots that have been giving the compound a bad name all along. lol

Over the past couple of years, I have opened up to the idea of legalization simply because there is less evidence condemning it than there is for tobacco or alcohol. And the prisons are full of people who had 3 ounces in their pocket, which is ridiculous. Really no need to enforce that when we have much more important issues looming.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know who is voting next go around In the 33rd!!!!! Lol

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhh the prisons
    privately built, state funded, filled with first time offenders for pot possession,

dont arrest the guy with an ounce, prison isnt filled, cant build, no money to be made

you guys ex vice president knows the drill

n h2s perfect post, someone likes weed docus on netflix too lol

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 AestheticOne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first of all, not a single black santa was seen that day.... 2nd of all, i could go on for hours talking about why marijuana should be legal and how it really is harmless, myself and many many other intelligent individuals use it daily and still are functioning productive members of society who you wouldn't even think for a second smoked weed based upon the stereotypical burnout pothead image the media trys to portray all users to be. Burly if you haven't already seen it, "The Union : The business behind getting high" is a really well put together documentary on everything marijuana, history, legalization, decriminalization, medical facts, ect... if you ever find yourself with an hour and 40 minutes to spare, i really recommend it. Not to mention, it is a gift from god himself for ecto's like me when trying to bulk and you need that extra edge in the hunger department hehe. There's my 2 cents, take it or leave it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I'm on tv for a split second

Good input, aesthetic. One of these days I'll check that documentary out. It sounds interesting to me, actually.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2