User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    They were idiots before. I do not consider myself an idiot or a burnout. I have a job that I am very proud of, and on a career path that I consider well accomplished for my age. I will also (hopefully, there was some further discussion with my boss yesterday) be heading to law school soon. I used to use marijuana much more heavily, and now use it recreationally here and there. It is a nice relaxant. There are plenty of intoxicants that are used and considered "ok" by our society. Cigarettes and Alcohol are the primary examples. Both have notorious addition rates, yearly death rates, are tied to numerous diseases, etc..

Marijauna? Nothing. Never a death from it. Disease? None, in fact, it provides a benefit to many suffering from diseases. Kills brain cells? No. The study that claims this used a suffocation approach with marijuana smoke on monkeys. The monkeys were not able to breath during a test, and thus had brain cell death. Alcohol is commonly associated with violence. Fights in bars, domestic abuse, etc... Not Marijuana. The biggest crime is the amount of cheetos I can put down in a night. Addition? Not chemical dependency. Not saying there is no addition potential, but I would classify the potential the same as steroids.

You know that the "losers" smoke based on how they act. What you don't realize is there are plenty of people around you that you have no idea smoke. I have actually mentioned it to every doctor that has ever asked me. None have had a complaint, and one even admitted to his own recreational usage, and we entered into a discussion on legalization and the failures of the drug war. He also happens to be one of the most intelligent (in terms of his profession) doctors I have ever spoken to.

If you are an angry person normally, you will be an angry person on steroids.

If you are a loser normally, you will be a loser on marijuana.

There are actually alot of similar issues with the rights steroid users seek (and the subsequent media lies) and the marijuana legalization movement.
    You hit the nail on the head right there!
    I agree 100% with you and like you I'm a proud of where I'm at in life and I smoke but I'm not a loser or a stoner.
    I have my own business and will be moving into my first home in Jan and I call it a home already because its the house I grew up in.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I'm on tv for a split second

The union was a great documentary. I have seen a few of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen a few but not "The Union".
    Love those kind of docs.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought this was pertinent.
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_math View Post
    Thought this was pertinent.
    Preach!!!! Lol