Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
I’m severely under-employed in a job that I don’t like at all. I’ve been at this job for 3.5 years and I feel like I’m wasting my life here. I’ve been out of grad school for 12 years and this has been my longest stretch of employment. I spent most of those years being severely abused by my father when I did not find a job straight out of school during the 2009 Great Recession and I believed him that I was a worthless piece of shit, as he regularly told me. So I don’t have the experience to easily get jobs in my field after being out of school so long and not having the right work experience.

My job is not even remotely stressful, except that I’m wasting my time here, but can’t find a job in my field after having little experience in it.

I started a law firm but it’s slow going. I have all the experience needed from doing literally the same work on a pro bono basis. I need for things to reach the point where I can support myself off of that instead. I would 100% kill myself if I did not believe I could escape this job. I need to get back to NYC again.

The idea of staying awake for an entire day is brutal. I have done that in the past and it didn’t work out well for me. I always end up falling asleep in the early afternoon the next day when I literally collapse (remember, I’m already sleep deprived) and then I wake up, fully rested, after midnight and my sleep schedule is even worse.
What type of law do you want to practice ideally? If it's not high-end corporate work, you should look to complete some paralegal work or become a summer associate (to catch up on any experience missed).

Regarding the issues with going to sleep, how is your caffeine intake? If it is quite high, then consider lowering it a bit, and don't take any stimulants after 2 pm.