One of the biggest things I need to fix is my sleep. It’s holding me back in many ways; I’m consistently getting about 5.5 hours of sleep each night, and I feel like a zombie. I’m sure it’s helping to keep my testosterone low as well.

I try going to bed at 10 PM, but I just lay there for a very long time, wide awake, and then eventually grab my phone and waste a bunch of time looking up wikipedia articles or news until I finally feel sleepy, and then I fall asleep instantly. The problem is that that’s 2:30 AM and I have to wake up around 8 AM.

I try the sleep herbs, and they make a marginal difference, nothing seems to make a big difference. This is only partly about PFS, I have plenty of time to get a full night of sleep every day, but my body just won’t cooperate. If I was fully rested I’d feel much better and get more done, and it would be easier to work out. It’s so much harder to work out when all I want to do is take a nap after work. (Forget about before work, I need every bit of sleep I can get, so working out before work is not possible.)

There are times when I feel incredibly sleepy around 8PM, and I sometimes doze off with my clothes on, with the lights on, and wake up an hour later, and one thought I have is to maybe try making that my actual bedtime when that happens. I would love to be able to get 12 hours of sleep on those nights, but it never seems to happen.

I naturally get sleepy around 2:30 AM and have no problem drifting to sleep then, and I also feel very sleepy in the morning. On the weekends I usually get a few extra hours of sleep, but it’s still not enough and I feel permanently exhausted. I’m naturally a night owl, and have been since I was an infant.

My biggest bad habit for sleep is using my phone in bed. I start feeling upset about my situation at night and browsing the news, reading sports articles and wikipedia and Reddit seems to calm me down but it’s a huge waste. Yet I can’t seem to stop doing it. It’s like a crutch that I feel like I need.

Any tips to help improve my sleep situation?