User Tag List

Thread: Glycine?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glycine?

I saw glycine on totalmaleoptimization so i started taking it, 6g is what u said u took @cdnuts, im curious do u continue to take glycine and at that dose or since being cured u stopped? it has benefits and has helped me in the sleep and anxiety department

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashed View Post
    I saw glycine on totalmaleoptimization so i started taking it, 6g is what u said u took @cdnuts, im curious do u continue to take glycine and at that dose or since being cured u stopped? it has benefits and has helped me in the sleep and anxiety department
    Glycine helps for two reasons, the first being its ability to increase synthesis of allopreganolone (see study below) and the second being its agonism on the glycine receptor, which is also sedative (similarly to allopreganolone's agonism on the GABA receptor).

Once whatever has happened to the SRD5A1 gene, which is inhibiting production of allopreganolone, has been reversed, you won't need to take the glycine if you don't want to.

You can continue taking it though. Glycine isn't addictive, and you won't really develop a tolerance to it.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    Glycine helps for two reasons, the first being its ability to increase synthesis of allopreganolone (see study below) and the second being its agonism on the glycine receptor, which is also sedative (similarly to allopreganolone's agonism on the GABA receptor).

Once whatever has happened to the SRD5A1 gene, which is inhibiting production of allopreganolone, has been reversed, you won't need to take the glycine if you don't want to.

You can continue taking it though. Glycine isn't addictive, and you won't really develop a tolerance to it.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"