Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Maximilien's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question NEED HELP - Clogged ears, ETD, tinnitus, hearing loss

Hi guys hope you're doing well,
    Me not so much I'll confess. To this point I was at peace with PFS, knowing it would get better but I'm a bit freaking out right now:

-I have Eustachian tube dysfunction, mainly in the right ear (when I try to push air out pinching the nose right ear won't move). It probably have something to do with a change in the inner layer of the sinus, a PFS induced inflammatory state. My nose also feel stuffy sometimes. I think all of this is related to my gum recession as well as the white deposit I had on my tongue and the difficulty of swallowing.

-I have clogged, sometimes painful, ears and hyperacusis like some experience. Idk if it's cause by a GABA issue, ETD blocking tubes and allowing mucus/fluid accumulating in the ear or anything else. I also have pulsative tinnitus when I stand up or bend down.

However I could live with these until I recover. Some days are better than others.

But what is stressing me out right now is the thought of having permanent hearing loss or damaging my ears long term.

I think I noticed some hearing deficit (I have a lamp in my living room that emits a subtle high pitch electrical noise I can hear in the whole room. I am the only one in the family that hear it and it's been few days I don't notice it as well as before. A new tinnitus came in my right ear a week ago, it's not bad sometimes I don't even hear it unless I concentrate on it so I don't mind. But the 2 probably are correlated. EDIT: That is not happening. My hearing is fine. I think it feels muffled sometimes when my ear drums pop or de-pop. I don't hear my tinnitus at all most of the time now)

I don't think it's purely a neurological thing, the tinnitus is in the same ear I have most problems with, and it has been 6 months since I crashed.
    I went for answers and I fear 2 things:

1)
    Tinnitus and Sexual Activity (Read) - Other Studies - propeciahelp.com
    It basically links low androgen activity, resulting in neurotransmitters alteration, elevation of ProstaglandinE2 and ultimately alteration of the auditory sensing. I was thinking that in some people a long state of PFS could change the inner ear structure, resulting in hearing loss, and tinnitus.
    If it is what's happening to me I hope I can reverse it or at least prevent it to worsen. For what it worth I'm gonna low-dosing aspirin (a quarter, 0.80mg/day) since it inhibits the Prostaglandin E2. I’ll add Vitamine A to thin mucus. Idk what I could do to lower histamine though.

2) If my ETD last until I recover, and it may take a while, I fear that the long state inflammatory state could harm the ears too. Some people got relief of clogged ears with SSRIs but I'm aware it's not the safest thing to do. I don't know what to do to address this

I wonder if some of you have heard of people overcoming these symptoms, or have any idea of what I should and shouldn't do short term, beside the protocol.
    Sorry if I am fear-mongering, my anxiety returned due to this new symptom recently.
    I'm gonna see an ENT soon too.

Thank you for reading
    Last edited by Maximilien; 05-10-2021 at 04:56 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilien View Post
    Hi guys hope you're doing well,
    Me not so much I'll confess. To this point I was at peace with PFS, knowing it would get better but I'm a bit freaking out right now:

-I have Eustachian tube dysfunction, mainly in the right ear (when I try to push air out pinching the nose right ear won't move). It probably have something to do with a change in the inner layer of the sinus, a PFS induced inflammatory state. My nose also feel stuffy sometimes. I think all of this is related to my gum recession as well as the white deposit I had on my tongue and the difficulty of swallowing.

-I have clogged, sometimes painful, ears like some experience. Idk if it's cause by a GABA issue, ETD blocking tubes and allowing mucus/fluid accumulating in the ear or anything else. I also have pulsative tinnitus when I stand up or bend down.

However I could live with these until I recover. Some days are better than others.

But what is stressing me out right now is the thought of having permanent hearing loss or damaging my ears long term.

I think I noticed some hearing deficit (I have a lamp in my living room that emits a subtle high pitch electrical noise I can hear in the whole room. I am the only one in the family that hear it and it's been few days I don't notice it as well as before. A new tinnitus came in my right ear a week ago, it's not bad sometimes I don't even hear it unless I concentrate on it so I don't mind. But the 2 probably are correlated.

I don't think it's purely a neurological thing, the tinnitus is in the same ear I have most problems with, and it has been 6 months since I crashed.
    I went for answers and I fear 2 things:

1)
    Tinnitus and Sexual Activity (Read) - Other Studies - propeciahelp.com
    It basically links low androgen activity, resulting in neurotransmitters alteration, elevation of ProstaglandinE2 and ultimately alteration of the auditory sensing. I was thinking that in some people a long state of PFS could change the inner ear structure, resulting in hearing loss, and tinnitus.
    If it is what's happening to me I hope I can reverse it or at least prevent it to worsen. For what it worth I'm gonna low-dosing aspirin (a quarter, 0.80mg/day) since it inhibits the Prostaglandin E2. I’ll add Vitamine A to thin mucus. Idk what I could do to lower histamine though.

2) If my ETD last until I recover, and it may take a while, I fear that the long state inflammatory state could damage the ear too. Some people got relief of clogged ears with SSRIs but I'm aware it's not the safest thing to do. I don't know what to do to address this

I wonder if some of you have heard of people overcoming these symptoms, or have any idea of what I should and shouldn't do short term, beside the protocol.
    Sorry if I am fear-mongering, my anxiety spiked up due to this new symptom recently.
    I'm gonna see an ENT soon too.

Thank you for reading
    If it's to do with mucus then what I would do it add some salt to a glass of water, and pour that water into your ears. The mucus will then slowly come out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks MungYarlon, I will look into things like that like hot compress etc. to bring short term relief.
    I ordered MSM and natural beef liver supplements for preformed Vitamine A to support sinus health. I think they play a big role since most of the time at least 1 if not both of my nostrils seems to be clogged and my sense of smell isn't what it used to be. It certainly play with respiratory quality too, maybe it's also what cause sleep apnea to some, idk.
    Edit: Last time I did the respiratory exercises I feel it helped too. I'm currently building my TMO routine so these will be a priority now.
    Last edited by Maximilien; 05-04-2021 at 07:39 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize I'm not doing any favor to this forum with this kind of post. I will do a recovery thread soon

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have any of you guys went and had an ear lavage? I always produced a lot of sebum in pfs, believe it or not....I had to get them blown out every couple of years because the wax would accumulate and block my ear drum.

Go get them checked. It's an easy, walk in procedure.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped using Qtips for this reason but now that you say it I probably have this too since PFS! I will tell my ENT about it

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought i would add my experience with the ear issue. Ever since PFS both my ears were bunged up, moist, itchy and sore. the left one was particularly bad, and doctors prescribed me all sorts of sprays etc to cure the infection, none of which ever worked.
    However, since i began drinking Coconut Kefir around 8 months ago these ear issues have completely cleared. and it happened within the first month or so of drinking it. my ears have no sign of infection now and are dry and clear. I guess my issues was to do with a systemic microbiome issue / Candida / Chronic inflammation, which makes sense as i would notice the itching / congestion etc of the ears would be worse after certain foods.
    I should add that i have been taking all manner of probiotics since this nightmare began but it was the Kefir that was effective for this issue. It has also helped my digestion a great deal, more so than any probiotic supplements i have used over many years.

I am however still dealing with the gum recession and some nasal stuffiness which i hope will remedy itself in due course.

I hope this helps someone.

*I should also add that i am hardcore on the regimen too , i dont imagine the kefir would of been nearly as effective if i was still eating/living unhealthy*
    Last edited by Wez; 05-06-2021 at 03:12 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you replied ��

I juste went to my ENT, my ear-drum works normally and I even discovered that I have an above average audition so that was a relief.
    I also link a potential candida to my inflammatory-like symptoms. I think clearing it up would help in some way with sinus/ears problem and swollen eyelids.
    I'll keep the Coconut Kefir in mind. I guess you made a fast beforehand ?

Concerning the gum recession I don't think it has progressed personally, but I wouldn't look into regrowth since there are usually definitive. However there are pretty cheap surgeries to fix this issue once you're done with PFS.

Thank you dude that means a lot

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem at all.
    I sincerely hope it helps you with this symptom as it did with me. It was not something i expected from drinking Kefir but was a very welcome surprise after having the issue for many years now. and yes, Candida has been a piece of the puzzle in my case for sure.

To answer your question, yes i did a one week juice feast before starting the regime just over 2 years ago.

Regarding the Kefir, you do not want to buy the stuff you will find on the shelves of supermarkets. Most, if not all of that stuff has sweeteners and other crap in it. find a good supplier online of traditional pure kefir that will deliver to you, or start your own culture with kefir grains. I get mine delivered personally but it is a bit expensive.

Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, juice feasting and healing the gut will be a priority.
    Yeah it goes without saying, I will do it myself or look for a trustful source.

I'm sure it will help some people, thanks again